GR black is sim 2k (was: Xfw yellow is sim 2k)

12346»

Comments

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    There's no HP income to be made from an XForce cover.
    If you're that cynical about a change many players were clamoring for, maybe you shouldn't play at all.

I was being a smart-kitty. We need a sarcasm font icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I'm actually one of the few in that Venn diagram of people who can hit 2k in sim and needed xfw yellow as mine is currently 5/5/1 and my only other decently covered 4* are a 3/5/5 kingpin, 4/5/4 elektra, and 5/1/5 fury after 460 plus days
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    So vets complain and those who actually needed the xfw yellow rather than a 3rd or 4th cover for someone so far down in our rosters he might see the light of day next Christmas get screwed over.

Nice game your running here - can I complain about anything on the forums enough and have it changed mid event cause I don't really like the chulk cover being offered in Amadeus inferno so can you just make it a HB or Jg cover instead?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    can I complain about anything on the forums enough and have it changed mid event cause I don't really like the chulk cover being offered in Amadeus inferno so can you just make it a HB or Jg cover instead?
    as a business model, when a group of customers have been with a company for an extended amount of time and are significant supporters of the company. when a large group of them voice a concern together, sometimes the united voice gets heard. not saying that's what happened here. it is just as likely that it was supposed to be GR all along (that would follow their pattern) and a mistake was made. if not though, and the voice of the group of customers were heard in this case....why this? in the grand scheme of things, this is drop in the bucket compared to some of the larger, more important items floating around. anyway, my $0.02.
  • @DavyBang (from the other lesser thread):

The thread saying they are bowing to pressure is in the same place as the thread saying they corrected their error.

That's way you can't seem to find the thread.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    mgallop wrote:

Whats the intersection in the Venn diagram between "Players who can hit 2k in sim" and "Players who really want an XFW yellow"? My guess is that its not particularly large intersection. Further, XFW yellow is a bad ability on a bad character. Would you still be complaining if we were talking about Invisible Woman's Yellow, or Star Lord's? Because XFW yellow isn't that much better...

Hey my personal grievance was that I had Christmas off until it became something I didn't have. I was good as long as it was a **** cover.

As for the venn diagram, 2k is easy in sim. It's far far easier than 1k in regular pvp. There doesn't seem to be a no man's land between 1600 and 2000 that you need to shield hop through. A slow safe team like Patch/Spidey/Hood will let you climb the rankings easily enough. You won't get hit that often because there aren't slices so the target pool is massive and most people would play it for 3 to 4 hours over a one month period so there aren't that many hunters out there at any given time.

There have been plenty of contributors to this and the other thread who were looking forward to getting the cover so obviously they didn't feel too challenged by it.

Also given how long hulk/Jeanbuster has been the meta, anyone who bought their way into contention in the last 6 months probably sits in that venn intersection. Better to have a well covered Xforce for when DDQ 4 star resets than a one, two or 3 covered GR.

Edit. Come to think of it isn't yellow the only cover you needed to win IW's DDQ? That might be even more popular.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    There's no HP income to be made from an XForce cover.
    If you're that cynical about a change many players were clamoring for, maybe you shouldn't play at all.

And more players were happy the way things were.

It's a very elite group clamouring for a single cover and possibly the opportunity to spend 1000 Hp. Hence the cynicism.

But you need to consider the entire player base, not just the elites who can make the forum an echo chamber. What percentage of players would have a more usable XFORCE with one more cover? How many can say the same for a GR cover?

Top end progression is nice and all, but there is a long tail of players struggling to complete their first 4 star, and a comparatively small elite who have no use for the thousand ISO

Personally I'm miffed because I was planning on blowing off the PvP season and spending Christmas through New Years in an alcohol induced coma. But now it's a cover for a character I don't yet have I'm going to have to turn up to work.

As far as XF goes, most would be better off not leveling him anyway. I bought covers with earned hp and leveled him just before the nerfbat hit him hard. In retrospect I should have sold him and rebuilt. Instead I hung onto a character who drove up my scaling without really supporting it. Between him and fury maxed and 2 base lvl 5*, I'm really looking forward to more viable 4* who are in a better class of character...

Not that any of that discludes wanting the xf yellow instead, just thought I'd offer a tip for when leveling him is concerned. It may be tempting for pvp, but trust me he doesn't help much there.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    If y'all believe that they changed / fixed the cover because of US complaining about it, loooooolololololol.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got mine this morning, go go Ghost Rider!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Tarouza wrote:
    I'm actually one of the few in that Venn diagram of people who can hit 2k in sim and needed xfw yellow as mine is currently 5/5/1 and my only other decently covered 4* are a 3/5/5 kingpin, 4/5/4 elektra, and 5/1/5 fury after 460 plus days

You need to open more LTs. icon_mrgreen.gif Xf yel seems to be a common draw for those. icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Malcrof wrote:
    Got mine this morning, go go Ghost Rider!

Can I hit you now? got only like 600 pts in shield. icon_twisted.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Tarouza wrote:

You need to open more LTs. icon_mrgreen.gif Xf yel seems to be a common draw for those. icon_lol.gif

Lies. I have yet to see a single XF out of my LTs. A dozen yellow Things, sure, but no XF. >:(
  • I want my XF yellow. You can keep your GR black.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    How feasible is it to push to 2000 by tomorrow for a 3* roster? I normally go for the 2000 mark during the last week, but another GR cover could make the difference in tomorrow's DDQ match.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    How feasible is it to push to 2000 by tomorrow for a 3* roster? I normally go for the 2000 mark during the last week, but another GR cover could make the difference in tomorrow's DDQ match.

Should be possible, a lot of players are going after 2k to have an extra GR cover for tomorrow, there's a lot more points available now than normally this early in a season
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to add my frustration to the list. I do not have Ghost Rider, I really didn't want a single cover for a character I do not have.

I wanted that x-force yellow to help out my roster. So that maybe, just maybe my 111 level x-force could get just strong enough to earn me a legendary token in the dpd 4*.

If you start an event and have a listed reward that is there for at least a week, DO NOT CHANGE THE REWARD!

I honestly just saw this change when earning my 1900 on Sim and it showed me my next reward. I instantly lost my desire to push that final 100 points.

I am in the camp of casual players that has a hard time hitting 1000 in pvp, but has made 2000 in the past 3 or 4 seasons. I have no useable 4 star characters. All but 3 of my 3 stars are all able to hit 166.