GR black is sim 2k (was: Xfw yellow is sim 2k)

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I appreciate the change as well. And his black cover to boot! icon_cool.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lol. Why didn't they announce this or make a post?
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    <sigh> Well, i could've used the yellow Wolvie cover, mine is currently at 4/2/2 so thanks to the complainers... technically i can use the black GR cover too, who is 0/1/0 but really would've preferred the yellow wolvie, who's far closer to being usable than GR will be in a long while (I'm on day 485).

Course, this does show us they can make changes like this easily... so do we request/demand Hulkbuster covers for the next few 2k season progressions? Mine is 3/3/2, so i figure, red/black/blue/red/black as the rewards for the next few seasons would be good... I'm sure all the other players would agree. icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Much appreciated devs.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    lol. Why didn't they announce this or make a post?

They'll gladly announce negative news and get grumpy when the reaction is negative, but they make a positive change and keep it quiet?

Do they even...understand how this is meant to work?

Still, I can't help but be happy they changed this, especially to a character's best colour.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor

They'll gladly announce negative news and get grumpy when the reaction is negative, but they make a positive change and keep it quiet?

Do they even...understand how this is meant to work?

Still, I can't help but be happy they changed this, especially to a character's best colour.

*puts his conspiracy hat on*

Maybe they are waiting to officially announce it because they also have some really bad news to pass along with it? That way this is the silver lining.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Confirmed. Sim reward changed. Didn't get a chance to chime in on this in a timely fashion. It's busy up in here! I will accept my penance (noun, voluntary self-punishment inflicted as an outward expression of repentance for having done wrong.)
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Mmm... Ghost Rider Black

Thank goodness. A slightly newer newspaper to sleep on the bench with.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Confirmed. Sim reward changed.

So can you tell us why? Was it because this was meant to be the reward for this season, but the 'back-end process' configured to set this up didn't work? Or is it because you noticed how upset people on the forums were, and made a change?

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    "David wrote:

So can you tell us why? Was it because this was meant to be the reward for this season, but the 'back-end process' configured to set this up didn't work? Or is it because you noticed how upset people on the forums were, and made a change?

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
    They didn't like what the legendary pulled and re rolled the token
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    "David wrote:

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

There's no HP income to be made from an XForce cover.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Well, there goes my theoretically easier cruise to 2k for an xfw cover.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're that cynical about a change many players were clamoring for, maybe you shouldn't play at all.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    DayvBang wrote:
    If you're that cynical about a change many players were clamoring for, maybe you shouldn't play at all.

You Greens are THE WORST. I swear. lol
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I'm actually kind of bummed. My XFW is just bordering on usable at 3/5/2. I've got all my black covers, now I just need to be able to pump levels into him. Still, GR looks really cool and I assume he'll be fun once I finish him in 2025.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I find the change very reasonable and I am so satisfied with it. Thanks devs. I recall getting new covers in past simulators (were X23 and JGrey last ones?) and this keeps the trend.

Sorry for all the people actually preferring the yellow XF, I hope you can draw it from other source but you still get a quite useful cover (probably the best for a non-leveled char, a la Loki).
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:

And more players were happy the way things were.

It's a very elite group clamouring for a single cover and possibly the opportunity to spend 1000 Hp. Hence the cynicism.

But you need to consider the entire player base, not just the elites who can make the forum an echo chamber. What percentage of players would have a more usable XFORCE with one more cover? How many can say the same for a GR cover?

Top end progression is nice and all, but there is a long tail of players struggling to complete their first 4 star, and a comparatively small elite who have no use for the thousand ISO

Personally I'm miffed because I was planning on blowing off the PvP season and spending Christmas through New Years in an alcohol induced coma. But now it's a cover for a character I don't yet have I'm going to have to turn up to work.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari wrote:
    Well, there goes my theoretically easier cruise to 2k for an xfw cover.

Actually it will be easier with GR black.

Reason being that with GR black, more players will be playing to 2k. With more players hitting 2k, there will be more juicy targets.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for the change. Much appreciated.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Eddiemon wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

And more players were happy the way things were.

It's a very elite group clamouring for a single cover and possibly the opportunity to spend 1000 Hp. Hence the cynicism.

But you need to consider the entire player base, not just the elites who can make the forum an echo chamber. What percentage of players would have a more usable XFORCE with one more cover? How many can say the same for a GR cover?

Top end progression is nice and all, but there is a long tail of players struggling to complete their first 4 star, and a comparatively small elite who have no use for the thousand ISO

Personally I'm miffed because I was planning on blowing off the PvP season and spending Christmas through New Years in an alcohol induced coma. But now it's a cover for a character I don't yet have I'm going to have to turn up to work.

Whats the intersection in the Venn diagram between "Players who can hit 2k in sim" and "Players who really want an XFW yellow"? My guess is that its not particularly large intersection. Further, XFW yellow is a bad ability on a bad character. Would you still be complaining if we were talking about Invisible Woman's Yellow, or Star Lord's? Because XFW yellow isn't that much better...