GR black is sim 2k (was: Xfw yellow is sim 2k)

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    As a guy that's trying to transition to 4* land, I need all the covers I can get. I do wish it was more of a power cover like Iceman or Jean, but I guess Wolvie yellow will do.

If this is for the transitioners, I would much prefer being able to bring a full team to DDQ4* if I have the one cover needed.
    That would be cool, the required 4*, then limit the rest of the roster spots to 3* and under.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Literally ANY 4 star character OR cover would have been better.
    Except Invisible Woman.
    Hell, even Xforce Black would have been better, but still terrible.
    This was my ONE place where I knew I could predictably earn a 4 star cover I need because they are usually the new releases.
    It should have been either Ghost Rider or Chulk.

The disconnect between the player base and the devs grows by the day.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I'll echo the general consensus.. I don't need anything in the overall season rewards or the simulator rewards other than the legendary token @ 10k.

I was mad at first then excited because I can relax this season.

My plan is to blow off all this season's pvps unless the 1k reward is either Ice man, IMHB, JG or Rulk & start fresh in January during the following season.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    This is definitely a weird choice. It'll help me, with my 3-4-4 XFW, but not a lot of people (we do know that XFW is THE most covered 4*; that's why he was the first DDQ 4*).

I hope the speculation about the champion feature is not baseless.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    This is definitely a weird choice. It'll help me, with my 3-4-4 XFW, but not a lot of people (we do know that XFW is THE most covered 4*; that's why he was the first DDQ 4*).

The logic people are using here is broken. XFW being the most covered doesn't just mean 'most people have him fully covered'. It only means there are the most covers of him out there in rosters. So while he may be the most 'completely covered' 4* out there, he's also probably the 4* with the most 7,8,9,10,11 and 12 cover incarnations out there who would be helped unless they already have 5 yellow.

Whereas say Rulk who is lowly covered has most of his distribution in the 0-4 cover range tapering off around 5 or 6 covers and then having whales creating a peak at 13. Another Rulk is progression sure, but it doesn't really help anyone directly.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Mawtful wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Knowing up-front that the XF would be useful, and up-front not to push for it early would be a little helpful, and not make this feel like such a kick to the groin.

I tried bring subtle, that clearly wasn't enough.
    I can't really be obtuse, because that would be frowned upon.

This season will end before the new feature arrives. If you push for the 2k prize late in the season, you should be able to babysit that XF Yellow for long enough. At that time, you may find it more useful than a stick in your eye.

This is the case.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    My 3/4/1 XFW is my highest covered and leveled 4*, which I'll chalk up to bad luck with legendaries (and not having the roster to hit 1k regularly in pvp). I've hit 2k in the last 2 seasons finally, so hopefully I should be able to get this cover. Old cover or not, I'm pretty happy to see it.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    I actually need it,mine is 544
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    This season will end before the new feature arrives. If you push for the 2k prize late in the season, you should be able to babysit that XF Yellow for long enough. At that time, you may find it more useful than a stick in your eye.

This is the case.

I hadn't even thought about it! Introducing a new feature to make use of spare covers (worst kept secret ever please no posting of actual spoilers).. start with the one they feel most would have finished, or partially finished (available in daily rewards). This changes everything! Nice catch! And now i need to pace myself in SSim!!!!
  • I'm on day 738, and my X-Force still lacks one in each color to be fully covered. So, I actually do need this cover. Still not who I'd choose to be the 2k reward though.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Aren't we at a point where sim and pvp rewards structure should change anyhow to include more 4 stars? There sure are enough of them right now. Give us 2 on the sim climb (maybe 5 star @ 2500 icon_e_surprised.gif ) give another past 1k in pvp. I won't comment on pve, I don't play much.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Jeez...

People think "I don't need it, so NOBODY NEEDS IT!"
    Yeah, CHulk or Ghost Rider would be great, not like they aren't both low tier 4*s anyhow. Oh wait... We need more covers to warm the benches, I forgot.
    Know what I need? 4* covers. Would I prefer HulkBuster? I mean everyone would, but no one wants the X-force so I assume it'll be an easy climb.

Literally anyone aside from 4 or 5 4* characters are a waste of space.
    If its not Jean grey, Hulk buster, Ice Man, Rulk, or CCyclops, then they aren't going to be used most of the time.
    That means out of the 23 4* characters you can pick from, less than 1/4 of them are even decent rewards.
    It doesn't matter that its XFW, IW, Mr.F, everyone that isn't listed in that small pile is basically a dead drop regardless.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you, devs, for changing the 2k reward to GR black.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Thank you! I take back my previous "Garbage.Garbage.Garbage" post.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    The devs did something right in sticking with tradition and giving us one of the latest 4* covers here.

This is one of those examples where modifying the title of the thread does no good and will likely leave this post lost in the shuffle.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to see this. I wonder if it means "the upcoming feature" is getting delayed. I'd like to start opening tokens again one of these days...
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Jathro wrote:
    The devs did something right in sticking with tradition and giving us one of the latest 4* covers here.

This is one of those examples where modifying the title of the thread does no good and will likely leave this post lost in the shuffle.

I didn't even notice the change until the title was changed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I didn't even notice the change until the title was changed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    A very nice change. I understand the vast majority of players probably need any 4* cover - but an even larger pool need the newest covers, which will help everyone (a little, eventually) with DDQ's.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    <Sarcasm alert icon_twisted.gif >

Oh great! ANOTHER stealth change w/o warning. And here I was planning to skip shield this season too! *grumbles* icon_lol.gif