S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply List (Daily Rewards)

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Changes all over the place.

I have asked Will in the other thread if I can get some sort of list or something of exactly what changes are, so that I can do them in one shot.
  • Day 219 is now 1000 iso. Finally more iso for the players. Thanks d3 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Asmodai-o_O
    Asmodai-o_O Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Thanks, bonus rewards are great! Can you clarify the average double iso-8? Since the random rewards are unchanged (where the iso-8 omes from). Set days are covers, HP or a token.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    haha, i got 50 HP this morning, but the resupply status window shows a happy green check mark below 100 HP now. i was robbed!! icon_mad.gificon_razz.gif

Same. Bad day to hit 100 and log in early. Oh well, I'm not complaining.
  • Seems like a pretty positive change, but inevitably there's that one forum guy that complaints with faulty logic. My bet is "**** Demiurge, veteran players are **** because now all the newbies get bonus iso from their daily awards, and we miss out on all the extra iso from previous days. I DEMAND retroactive iso for all the days I've missed!".

Sad, but true.
    It would be the same if they decided to cap roster slot prices at 500 or something nice like that - people who already have 70-100 roster slots will lose their minds. My thought is hey, you paid the price offered at the time right?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    Seems like a pretty positive change, but inevitably there's that one forum guy that complaints with faulty logic. My bet is "**** Demiurge, veteran players are **** because now all the newbies get bonus iso from their daily awards, and we miss out on all the extra iso from previous days. I DEMAND retroactive iso for all the days I've missed!".

Sad, but true.
    It would be the same if they decided to cap roster slot prices at 500 or something nice like that - people who already have 70-100 roster slots will lose their minds. My thought is hey, you paid the price offered at the time right?

There's a slight nuance there: with daily awards the guy with less daily awards can't ever catch up to the guy with more daily awards. Since both guys switch over to the new system at the same time, the veteran player doesn't really miss out on anything because even though he missed the increased awards earlier, the newbie didn't get all the awards that the veteran got before then either. If we consider the total amount of awards earned from the point at which this new change rolls out, the veteran is always going to be earning more, meaning that he doesn't lose out on anything.

Roster slots is a completely different story: the veteran definitely loses out on all the HP he sunk into the past because the newbie's roster will eventually catch up, and so he will have paid significantly less.

As I was typing that up, I've come up with a better way to explain it actually. Lets assume you knew this change was happening, what would you do? The optimal way to play would STILL be to play every day, since well, it's a no brainer. As a result, your decision making didn't change, so you don't lose out on anything.

Now if you knew roster slots were going to happen, what would be the best way to play? The answer is to hoard HP until the change comes through, and then spend it all on slots the day after. Hence veterans are screwed here somewhat, whereas they actually aren't screwed in any way at all in the first case (except for the edge case where the change happens just as you get an HP increase, but meh, the amount isn't significant enough to really matter since hp/iso is a pretty constant thing)
  • yogi_
    You do all realise that at least in the short - medium term, this is the dev solution / response to roster slot prices?
  • yogi_ wrote:
    You do all realise that at least in the short - medium term, this is the dev solution / response to roster slot prices?

We have this answer. It's "Yeah, it's expensive, we know"
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    well, we've made it 21 posts without a hilariously furious or disappointed post. that has to be a record, right?
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    well, we've made it 21 posts without a hilariously furious or disappointed post. that has to be a record, right?

I was hoping for one to kick off page 2, but you ruined it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    More HP = more gooder. Especially early on in the process, because the roster slot bundles are a killer when you're a couple weeks into the game.
  • it nice. i will get 100 hp today and its just feel good
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    First off, sorry for highjacking the thread.

Can someone tell me why I can't start a new topic, only reply to existing ones?

Wth is there no 'contact admin' option? I'm having to highjack a thread..

Where are the so-called notifications at the top of the forums that tell you your editing abilities?

Who designed this back-asswards mess?!!

And finally.. All I wanted ask was why powers that are fully charged sometimes lose a point after activating a power of a different color?

If any one can answer all my queries it would save me a very big headache.

Thanks!
  • When did this take effect, cause my daily reward log shows 25 hero points while the tooltip says it should be 50. I was trying to figure out why there was a discrepancy between the two when I was looking at it earlier, and I guess this post explains it.

So did I screw myself out of an extra 25 hero points by being too dedicated and getting my daily reward early before the patch actually hit?
  • Hi, all,

As of the latest update (available within the hour), we’ve increased the amount of Iso-8 and Hero Points you’ll get from daily rewards. Details:
    • The daily rewards used to run through day 486. They now run through day 701. (Don’t worry, we’ll make more before anyone gets there!)
    • The average amount of Iso-8 you get per day has roughly doubled for players with 30+ days played.
    • The average amount of Hero Points you get per day has increased by 50% for players between 30 days played and 100, and has roughly doubled for players with 100+ days played.
    • The random rewards that you get on days that aren’t specially marked are unchanged.

This is one of the changes we’re making to better balance the economy now that there are so many characters in the game. We’re working on more - details to come when they’re ready!

Bolded for emphasis. I am confused by this. Since when do we get Iso-8 in NON RANDOM rewards? Are they going to, like they did with HP, add in days with fixed iso rewards, and those rewards are worth roughly 2x a random? A random reward is worth anywhere from 100 Iso-8 (recruit token) to 500 Iso-8, so are there going to be like daily 1000 Iso-8 rewards fixed into the system? Otherwise I don't see how "average amount of Iso-8 you get per day has roughly doubled" and "The random rewards that you get ... are unchanged" can both be true.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Seems like a pretty positive change, but inevitably there's that one forum guy that complaints with faulty logic. My bet is "**** Demiurge, veteran players are **** because now all the newbies get bonus iso from their daily awards, and we miss out on all the extra iso from previous days. I DEMAND retroactive iso for all the days I've missed!".
    Can we at least wait until someone actually complains before we complain about them complaining?

Besides we know the only reason they are doing this is so we have more resources to buy more health packs...
  • yogi_
    Lerysh wrote:
    Hi, all,

As of the latest update (available within the hour), we’ve increased the amount of Iso-8 and Hero Points you’ll get from daily rewards. Details:
    • The daily rewards used to run through day 486. They now run through day 701. (Don’t worry, we’ll make more before anyone gets there!)
    • The average amount of Iso-8 you get per day has roughly doubled for players with 30+ days played.
    • The average amount of Hero Points you get per day has increased by 50% for players between 30 days played and 100, and has roughly doubled for players with 100+ days played.
    • The random rewards that you get on days that aren’t specially marked are unchanged.

This is one of the changes we’re making to better balance the economy now that there are so many characters in the game. We’re working on more - details to come when they’re ready!

Bolded for emphasis. I am confused by this. Since when do we get Iso-8 in NON RANDOM rewards? Are they going to, like they did with HP, add in days with fixed iso rewards, and those rewards are worth roughly 2x a random? A random reward is worth anywhere from 100 Iso-8 (recruit token) to 500 Iso-8, so are there going to be like daily 1000 Iso-8 rewards fixed into the system? Otherwise I don't see how "average amount of Iso-8 you get per day has roughly doubled" and "The random rewards that you get ... are unchanged" can both be true.

I was thinking this.

Did you mean to say you are introducing ISO rewards on set days? If so, what a shame you botched the delivery of this message - it's a good idea. Or did you think it was in the game already? It wasn't. It's your game - you really should know this, though I understand daily rewards are probably lower on the list of things that get attention.

You really need to get multiple people to look over each of these announcements before they are made.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    yogi_ wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Hi, all,

I was thinking this.

Did you mean to say you are introducing ISO rewards on set days? If so, what a shame you botched the delivery of this message - it's a good idea. Or did you think it was in the game already? It wasn't. It's your game - you really should know this, though I understand daily rewards are probably lower on the list of things that get attention.

You really need to get multiple people to look over each of these announcements before they are made.

Yes! Good point. We did add set Iso-8 rewards. They're more infrequent that the HP or the Tokens, but surely someone on these forums can see one looming in the near future?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they are introducing ISO as a set daily reward, then it sounds like they won't start until after day 486.
    Keep in mind that they won't go back and alter the rewards for any day that has previously been claimed by the player base. I'm on day 464 and I've missed maybe 2 or 3, so I think the earliest day that they could alter would be 467 or 468.
  • I have 1000 iso coming up on day 338