Options

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nic13 wrote:
    herm1978 wrote:
    bpcontra wrote:
    6 hours left and only 3 people have achieved legendary token in my slice....ridiculous

So it's not only me then...

I got my token at the start of sub 2.

Wait, what? icon_eek.gif Sub 3, surely? Getting the LT after just the first sub and maybe 1 or 2 clears of sub 2 seems pretty much impossible to me.
    I've been playing since almost the start of the first sub, got top 50 in sub 1 and 2 and if I get it it will be at the very end of sub 3.

Anyone else having weird stuff happen to the timer of The Rider Awakens? Cleared mine the first time about 13 hours ago and the timer is still on 2.5 hours for full points... And no, I did not wake up in the middle of the night or play in my sleep (i think) so is is this a new feature or just a software error? Not helping with getting the LT, still need about 6k points which should be about 1 clear minus that last node. So still doable, but if I had wanted to get top 20 that would have been a real blow to my chances, even top 50 is looking a little grim I think. Might be that some people stop when they get the LT, but I expect not in a new character release.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i made a topic here as well

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36028

might want to post in this as well

also pts did not move up in the 3rd stage also what was with ALL GOONS stage 1 and 2 and then stage 3 jack up the AI super high
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    StevO-J wrote:

Anyone else having weird stuff happen to the timer of The Rider Awakens? Cleared mine the first time about 13 hours ago and the timer is still on 2.5 hours for full points... And no, I did not wake up in the middle of the night or play in my sleep (i think) so is is this a new feature or just a software error? Not helping with getting the LT, still need about 6k points which should be about 1 clear minus that last node. So still doable, but if I had wanted to get top 20 that would have been a real blow to my chances, even top 50 is looking a little grim I think. Might be that some people stop when they get the LT, but I expect not in a new character release.
    How many attempts did it take you to complete the rider node? I'm guessing 2, on survival nodes you push the refresh timer 8 hours if you complete it or not
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fattyt wrote:
    I've tried everything I have in my arsenal and cannot get past Rider Awakens... So frustrating! icon_e_sad.gif

I was able to do it a few times with Psylocke, OBW, and a 134 5/3/3 Falcon before it scaled beyond my reach.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Anyone else in the situation where the rider noder is clearly impossible or even rigged....

I cant even fire ONE ability before dying to match damage. The luck clearly favore them as during my 5 useless try the board was filled with green that daken use as strike tiles generator while ghost rider can create attack tiles. Results: me dying in about 3-4 turns (of course lady luck is not on my side as almost no usable matches are available to me)........
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So my DD, Blade, SG team fared worse than Cyc, Steve, KK. I got nuked in round 2. Stinking Sentry & Magneto. If Magneto gets 10 blue it's lights out time. He takes 5K off someone outright plus whatever cascade it generates. And considering he comes in after an entire wave has gathered AP for him, he's likely sitting at nearly 5 AP to start (wave 1 Daken ensures it won't be higher than that), so 2 match-3s and sayonara.

I got nothing. I guess I'm like an earlier poster; the portal collapsed and my heroes were all trapped in the underworld to be tormented by Mephisto for eternity, the end.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I used 2*Thor, OBW, CStorm, and a whole lot of ap boosts to finish this one. Yeesh, those waves can be rough.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have two hours left. Currently on just over 62k points, 60th in my bracket, 82nd overall. I've calculated the available points in each node; excluding the death survival node against Ghost Rider, right now i can hit over 66k. I'm planning to wait one more hour, which hopefully should be enough to hit 67k, as well as Ghost Rider's redflag.png

As a bonus (or not), I'm currently on 24 CP, and haven't managed to get either of the 2 CP in the final Sub. If everything goes well, I might just get three 4* (or perhaps better!) in one day
  • Glad I checked the forum. It's not just me that gave up on the Rider Awakens.

Seems like most of us should just wait for the second time any new content is run before bothering with it. It's like they aren't testing anything before they put it out. Or they're treating the first run as a beta test.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fattyt wrote:
    I've tried everything I have in my arsenal and cannot get past Rider Awakens... So frustrating! icon_e_sad.gif

Remember... You're not supposed to win...
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When my fully levelled team of Blade, Cyclops and Daredevil, boosted, can't hold their own against three level 190s then why even bother?
    UGH and I was praising the devs for finally giving us a new PvE, and then we get this god awful node. I tried twice and got stomped on in the first round only to crawl into the second and get buried.
    I find it refreshing when a PvE node outside of the Gauntlet offers a challenge (excluding that one Mags+Hood node - that one sucks). Maybe I'm weird.

(Also there is the fact that my LThor, MMags, CStorm team has failed that node only once)
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ended up superwhaling the last wave of Rider Awakens. Pretty ridiculous node, although the Prof X/Cyke/Iceman node is pretty frustrating as well.

Overal pretty meh event. Two lackluster subs full of goon nodes that drive up scaling, and then some nasty non-goon nodes in the final sub. Legendary progression score needed was out of whack, leading to me still having to do more grinding than I would have liked to (I went into this intending to settle for top 100, busy weekend and not too impressed by GR). Plus no new demon goons, no Mephisto boss fight (and pretty bad cutscene art for him as well), just a lot of wasted opportunities.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    StevO-J wrote:

How many attempts did it take you to complete the rider node? I'm guessing 2, on survival nodes you push the refresh timer 8 hours if you complete it or not
    Ah, of course... Sorry, I spoke too soon, thanks for correcting me, did not take that into account. I think I lost on the first wave on the very first attempt but didn't think about that when looking at the timer.

So a 'brain-software' error on my part, sorry again... icon_redface.gif
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think I would have less of a problem with the Rider node being massively unfair if it was actually labeled as "Hard" on the map. I assume this is tied directly to scaling (XFW is my highest level by about 20), but even if I use a team of nothing but powered-up characters with boosts, I can barely scrape past the first wave.

Out of several attempts, the only one to make it past wave 1 was XFW + Classic Storm + MN Magneto. Wolverine actually limped alone into wave 3 with a sliver of health before getting executed on the enemies' first turn (They made sure not to let any of their AP go to waste, casting 5 powers after my team was already completely wiped).

It's interesting, because I've been holding off on getting invested in many of the PVE events because I haven't had the featured characters, but I finally get one where I have everybody and it's still punishing me for trying.

Oh well, I'll just let the HP drip in from resupply, and forget about ranking rewards.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was really disappointed by getting that final node done - it's quite deflating
    I know it's a puzzle but when you try so many different combos and keep losing!!
    Sadly I think I have learnt a tough lesson - when I first played the node it was against 179 to 198 level enemies... When taking a break and repeating some levels to get to the legendary token (failed) the node jumped to 198 - 199.
    So ghost rider had 8,000ish health first attempt and over 11,000 in my final attempt - which seems like a huge jump for 20 levels!
    So for me the ghost rider can stay in the underworld
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd just like to add that I also am having difficulty getting the Legendary Token. I've made 3 runs plus a partial run before sub reset on every sub, and I'm still well shy of the points needed. Normally doing just 3 on each sub is enough to grab the LT and 3+ means I usually get it just after the final sub starts.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PS - I should edit my previous but am really P'd Off
    Ghost rider is an essential for the current run meet Rocket & Groot!!
    Sick of this happening after every character introduction they are an essential in the following event...
    Makes the event useless
    I'm off to play Srar Trek wrath of gems for 4 days!
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    PS - I should edit my previous but am really P'd Off
    Ghost rider is an essential for the current run meet Rocket & Groot!!
    Sick of this happening after every character introduction they are an essential in the following event...
    Makes the event useless
    I'm off to play Srar Trek wrath of gems for 4 days!

You must be new around here because the placement rewards for the current event are always the essentials for the following event.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to the people that posted their teams for the Rider Awakens node. Failed a couple of times until i used the following team:
    130 Hood 5/5/3
    140 Cap 3/5/5
    270 XFW 5/5/3

Built up a ton of blue in the first wave, plus black and green for XFW and just stun locked wave two and three. When I finally won, Hood had less then 500 health and the other two were barely touched. Ares only got a single attack off, rampage before he died. Kept the other two stun locked and just beat them down. Currently sitting in 44th place with 61,047 points with 8hrs left. Top 10 ranges from 75.6k 1st - 70.5k 10th.
  • dan54321
    dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Man, that Iceman, Classic Cyc, Prof X node was rough. Seemed to get the best results with Fistbuster, focusing on Iceman first, in case that helps anybody.