Heart of Darkness Nov 29 - December 2

Options

Comments

• mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Some other info people might find useful is the survival nodes in the 1st sub are goon only. There are no active enemies popping up mid or end wave.

The points seem low though. A full clear of sub 1 gives 3362 and the survival node points aren't significantly higher than the normal nodes (as is the case in Enemy of the State).
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Options
    3 hours and already complaining about points?? Jeez that didn't take long
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lots of survival nodes already in the first sub. Those tend to drive up point totals pretty quickly.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any command point nodes? It'd be awesome to see them in a survival node (and thus guaranteed upon full completion).
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crucially, is the story any good?
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Any command point nodes? It'd be awesome to see them in a survival node (and thus guaranteed upon full completion).
    The command point nodes are the same as for previous PVEs. In the final main path node (in this case it's Target-Rich Environment: Hood + Konran + Don), and the 4* essential node (X-Force: Kishu + Kishu + Muscle).

So neither of the command point nodes are survival nodes for the first sub.
  • The Bob The
    Options
    mrcheddar wrote:
    The command point nodes are the same as for previous PVEs. In the final main path node (in this case it's Target-Rich Environment: Hood + Konran + Don), and the 4* essential node (X-Force: Kishu + Kishu + Muscle).

So neither of the command point nodes are survival nodes for the first sub.

weeckiR.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    bpcontra wrote:
    The Ghost Rider event seems a bit skewed. 67k seems awfully high for a 3 day event. Typically it's 11-12k per day to get legendary in a pve event.

Here's to hoping that the next few rounds have some 6k wave nodes....otherwise this is gonna be a pretty big Thanksgiving kick in the nuts.

I usually hit legendary progression on day 2 for a 3 sub pve event. I plan to push for t10 in sub and overall in this event GR event, so we'll see if I need a third day to hit LT or not.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    I usually hit legendary progression on day 2 for a 3 sub pve event. I plan to push for t10 in sub and overall in this event GR event, so we'll see if I need a third day to hit LT or not.

Probably a dumb question, but then I'd rather know for sure: how do you rank that high in a sub? I assume that whatever strategy you use, your nodes are never back at full points?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:

Probably a dumb question, but then I'd rather know for sure: how do you rank that high in a sub? I assume that whatever strategy you use, your nodes are never back at full points?
    You need to let them recharge to full points (or close to full). Note that the missions will tell you how long it will take to get full points.
  • zodiac339 wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

You need to let them recharge to full points (or close to full). Note that the missions will tell you how long it will take to get full points.

Can you explain more about this strategy? I screwed up the last event where you could get a 4-star (Cyclops?) and ended just outside the top 100. So I want to make sure I don't screw up the chance to get Ghost Rider.

So you only do each battle once and then let it fully recharge? So if it says to wait 2 hours, you don't touch it again until 2 hour later? That'd drive me crazy thinking I should be playing more, so I'm curious to hear if that's the best way to do it. Obviously what I was doing last time didn't work.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So far I'm skeptical of the 67k final progression. 2 clears, and I'm still only around 6700. That's 10% of the progression, and it's only a 3 day event. There better be some serious point nodes in the next 2 days.
  • boldfacedfemme
    Options
    Furiated wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Can you explain more about this strategy? I screwed up the last event where you could get a 4-star (Cyclops?) and ended just outside the top 100. So I want to make sure I don't screw up the chance to get Ghost Rider.

So you only do each battle once and then let it fully recharge? So if it says to wait 2 hours, you don't touch it again until 2 hour later? That'd drive me crazy thinking I should be playing more, so I'm curious to hear if that's the best way to do it. Obviously what I was doing last time didn't work.

Optimal strategy is to do one battle per node once it hits full point (about 3 clears per day) and then wait as long as humanely possible and then grind down each node to 1.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Furiated wrote:
    Can you explain more about this strategy?

Basically it comes down to play through an entire sub as fast as possible, timers will be set to 8 hours. After 8 hours (or a little less, playing through takes time and time of completion is taken for point calculation) play the nodes again. For optimal points start playing nodes over and over (the 'grinding' part) around 2.5 to 2 hours from the end of the sub (bit dependent on time it takes to complete 1 clear of all nodes).

Personally, I play through all nodes 3 times during the day and 2-3 more timesduring the last hour (maybe 1.5 hours) of the sub which is enough for top 50 in the sub most of the times. And now with CP in nodes I might play such a node a few more times to try to get the CP.

This event though, first clear got me 3371 points (in the sub) which seems to be on the low side seeing as the final progression is at 67k, but I might be wrong. Maybe I was right to join sooner than I usually do, as long as I can get top 100 overall I'll not be disappointed.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AXP_isme wrote:
    Crucially, is the story any good?

I don't think it's any better or worse than any of the other PvE events, but it's only the first sub. So far it's a cartoon of **** Dastardly and Muttley, except they're after the Hood instead of a pigeon.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joined slice 4 as soon as it started. A full clear netted 3362, so with the 100 from the opening node, that's 3462. The leader in the bracket has already pushed himself up to 5122.

Are there honestly still people out there who don't know the optimal way to play subs? Even if you're not on the forums, it's pretty easy to figure out that you should let the points refresh fully before hitting them again.

Some people just need to be on top I guess, it's pretty funny.
  • The Bob The
    Options
    Joined slice 4 as soon as it started. A full clear netted 3362, so with the 100 from the opening node, that's 3462. The leader in the bracket has already pushed himself up to 5122.

Are there honestly still people out there who don't know the optimal way to play subs? Even if you're not on the forums, it's pretty easy to figure out that you should let the points refresh fully before hitting them again.

You're definitely right about the eager beavers double-tapping right out of the gate, but one thing I've been starting to experiment with is a bit of overlap. Unless I'm hitting each node EXACTLY eight hours after the last time, some of my nodes are gonna have a fallow period anyway, which means there's gaps in which points are being missed. There's hardcores that are hitting those exacts every time AND grinding completely down in the last 1-2 hours, but me, I've got a wife, kid, job, and, well, life (I know, I know). Plus, after the first pass through I hit the nodes in reverse to keep final node scaling lower, so THAT'S a whole thing.

Lately I'm kicking around hitting the nodes after 7 or even 6 hours, and the results have been decent. The fall-off in points is pretty slight, and it makes grinding down in the last hours more manageable, with finishes at least top 50 (hasn't been anything really worth fighting for, but I'll be pushing harder for GR). If anything, I think I might be scoring better because I'm earning the Legendary Token well before the last 12 hours now. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary, but I've gotten curious if the conventional wisdom is really as optimal in practice as it is on the spreadsheet.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far I'm skeptical of the 67k final progression. 2 clears, and I'm still only around 6700. That's 10% of the progression, and it's only a 3 day event. There better be some serious point nodes in the next 2 days.
    This keeps coming up and in the end, the points are there. The first sub is always worth less than the last.
  • boldfacedfemme
    Options

I'm in second slice, and there are people in top place with 15k points. 2 clears only nets about 6.7k Yeah.. They are gonna regret that, then complain when optimal players zoom past them.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Options
    Full clear of the 2nd sub gives a tiny bit over 6300 points. Hammer goons in the mix now too.