• XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Can anyone check my math?

According to the thread

Sub 1 = 3362 points
    Sub 2 = 6300 points

My full clear of Sub 3 (no problems with final node, so optimal clear) gave me 6952 points.

So, Sub 1 is worth 10086, Sub 2 is worth 18,900, and Sub 3 will give 20856, for a total of 49842.

Unless I've missed something, three full clears of all three subs will give you about 75% of the points you need for a Legendary progression, which is madness. It's like they calibrated the progression for a four-day run, changed it to three at the last minute, and didn't adjust the numbers.

I cleared every node, but only got 1 wave in on the Rider Awakens. I've got 6168 points so around 7K seems about right for the whole wave to me.

I'm about 43K currently, and I did 3 full clears plus grinding for CP on the first two subs. First PvE I've actually done in a long time, and between several crashes, terrible cascade matches, and then giving me an 8 hour refresh timer on a wave node after I beat only 1 wave it will probably be my last for a long time. If I had to guess, I'm not getting the LToken. Top in my bracket already has 65K though.
  • Vinmarc43
    Options
    This was suppose to be a NEW EVENT....looks like the same **** to me, same progression reward, same enemies , so basically it's the same...boring.... icon_e_confused.gif
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The waves need to be broadcast in advance, especially if passing the first wave then losing starts the 8H timer (as I also lost my first survival node today). AI cascaded a bunch, but I managed to clear the round with my team still kicking and some AP saved up only to essentially lose as soon as Sentry dropped in with a supernova. If I had known Sentry was going to be there (and I was going to lose), I'd have just backed out in round 1.

At least give us the option when we wipe of not collecting any points / rewards so we can retry the node.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LThor, 2Storm, 2Mags - like everything else in this game that doesn't kill you super fast, that team will win. Once you have amassed enough Green (24+), the enemy will never get another turn. And amassing that Green isn't as daunting as it would seem since Red feeds into Yellow which feeds into Green. And Purple feeds into Red plus it can be used to snipe Green if the tiles align. With Boosts the enemy likely won't be able to fire off a single power unless they get really lucky.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Joined slice 4 as soon as it started. A full clear netted 3362, so with the 100 from the opening node, that's 3462. The leader in the bracket has already pushed himself up to 5122.

Are there honestly still people out there who don't know the optimal way to play subs? Even if you're not on the forums, it's pretty easy to figure out that you should let the points refresh fully before hitting them again.

Some people just need to be on top I guess, it's pretty funny.

You're definitely right about the eager beavers double-tapping right out of the gate, but one thing I've been starting to experiment with is a bit of overlap. Unless I'm hitting each node EXACTLY eight hours after the last time, some of my nodes are gonna have a fallow period anyway, which means there's gaps in which points are being missed. There's hardcores that are hitting those exacts every time AND grinding completely down in the last 1-2 hours, but me, I've got a wife, kid, job, and, well, life (I know, I know). Plus, after the first pass through I hit the nodes in reverse to keep final node scaling lower, so THAT'S a whole thing.

Lately I'm kicking around hitting the nodes after 7 or even 6 hours, and the results have been decent. The fall-off in points is pretty slight, and it makes grinding down in the last hours more manageable, with finishes at least top 50 (hasn't been anything really worth fighting for, but I'll be pushing harder for GR). If anything, I think I might be scoring better because I'm earning the Legendary Token well before the last 12 hours now. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary, but I've gotten curious if the conventional wisdom is really as optimal in practice as it is on the spreadsheet.

I guess I must be one of the "on top people"!

Usually I repeat a node 3 or 4 times to collect as many rewards as possible then have a break - ie: my life - then I do that again then gave a break and then again... Rarely have I ever let the points full recharge - top 50's and a few top 10's

However in saying that since daylight saving hit - the night time start/finish has slid to 11pm (DPD is 10pm) if I'm awake I do a first run and then a second in the morning
  • Starsaber
    Options
    Yeah, I think they miscalculated a bit on something. With 15 hours left, only 7 people in my bracket have the Legendary yet. I'm still roughly 15k away from it and I'm in the top 50.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Options
    67k was ridiculous for this event being only 3 days and the nodes having the values they did. Typically it's 11-10k per day to hit legendary....this time it was double that. I don't know what the devs were thinking.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bloodbath.... And I'm covered in the blood!!!

The rider awakens node first few times didn't get past second wave..

Just got through to third and In 2 moves wiped out!!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Annoying that if you fail, you'll still have to wait 8 hours to try again for a full refresh

*Reads this*

*Looks at timer on last node that was failed on 1st attempt*

SON OF THE TINIEST OF KITTIES
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can anyone check my math?

According to the thread

Sub 1 = 3362 points
    Sub 2 = 6300 points

My full clear of Sub 3 (no problems with final node, so optimal clear) gave me 6952 points.

So, Sub 1 is worth 10086, Sub 2 is worth 18,900, and Sub 3 will give 20856, for a total of 49842.

Unless I've missed something, three full clears of all three subs will give you about 75% of the points you need for a Legendary progression, which is madness. It's like they calibrated the progression for a four-day run, changed it to three at the last minute, and didn't adjust the numbers.

See that does not even add up why would SUB 2 go up almost 50% and sub 3 is what not even a 10% jump... Someone screwed up and screwed up major. though they will never said they did
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They always adjust the legendary token on a new release event.

Edit: i got wiped again on that last survival node. Waiting another 8hrs to try again.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Annoying that if you fail, you'll still have to wait 8 hours to try again for a full refresh

*Reads this*

*Looks at timer on last node that was failed on 1st attempt*

SON OF THE TINIEST OF KITTIES

I did literally this.
    Screw that node, not even going to bother.

When my fully levelled team of Blade, Cyclops and Daredevil, boosted, can't hold their own against three level 190s then why even bother?
    UGH and I was praising the devs for finally giving us a new PvE, and then we get this god awful node. I tried twice and got stomped on in the first round only to crawl into the second and get buried.

First attempt I was doing okay but before the team even loaded I was hit with Supernova that killed one guy and reduced the others to about 2k HP. Then Loki did his board shuffle and miraculously cleared the two Keep Your Enemies Close attack tiles I'd made, so there went my only remaining DPS. After that it was a foregone conclusion, if it wasn't already.

Second time Hood got stepped on before finishing the first wave, so Patch and Grocket, who I figured could probably tank it, were treading water. And stupid me didn't check how much black AP they had before finishing Doc Oc off with Patch's green so I completely screwed myself over. And THEN I check the forum and find I lost points on those attempts. So screw it, I don't even care how the story ends now. They all got stuck in the underworld and died. The end.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LCap, SW, and Hood. Took a little damage the first wave before I had AP built up, but once I had enough purple, it was 5 turn stun, then had enough Hood yellow to one shot Daken (heal from that sucker), and enough Cap blue to stun. Just made sure I had a full purple and or blue before finishing off last enemy so I could go in with a stun right away. Loki took a SW purpleflag.png then a LCap redflag.png and didn't even see the light of day.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got through the first two waves of Rider Awakens with Cyc/Steve/KK, and then Bullseye & Mystique obliterated me with stored AP on the third wave (Bullseye green, Mystique purple, Mystique black = dead Steve, just like that). Magneto had previously destroyed both of my Steve's shield CD tiles (you sometimes forget that his blue & red can combine into nasty cascades, and his blue just plain hurts to begin with) so I was low on health and short on AP getting into that round.

And if Bullseye hadn't taken the green, Ares would've one-shot killed anyone on my team with it anyway.

I'll have to try DD, Blade, SG, next, but I'm not hopeful. Sentry in wave 2, Ares in wave 3 .. some awful heavy hitters. And Loki lurking in wave 2 to steal your specials.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie wrote:

Edit: i got wiped again on that last survival node. Waiting another 8hrs to try again.

wrong 3 full clears have been all that was needed for the past months . 3 full clears in this Will not get you the token.

if they adjusted it then you would seen this on X23 (what you did not) and all of the other new 4 stars since the LT hit... More like it was planned for 4 days and was then adjusted to 3 days.. Even when the event was first told Ice had behind it 4 DAYS
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Pongie wrote:

wrong 3 full clears have been all that was needed for the past months . 3 full clears in this Will not get you the token.

if they adjusted it then you would seen this on X23 (what you did not) and all of the other new 4 stars since the LT hit... More like it was planned for 4 days and was then adjusted to 3 days.. Even when the event was first told Ice had behind it 4 DAYS

Think he's talking about new PvE. Maybe.
    I mean, the last new PvE came out Dec 2014, so he might just be meaning the top progression is usually adjusted after the first run.

But I dunno, I'm putting words in his mouth 83
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Options
    6 hours left and only 3 people have achieved legendary token in my slice....ridiculous
  • I've tried everything I have in my arsenal and cannot get past Rider Awakens... So frustrating! icon_e_sad.gif
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bpcontra wrote:
    6 hours left and only 3 people have achieved legendary token in my slice....ridiculous

So it's not only me then...
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    herm1978 wrote:
    bpcontra wrote:

So it's not only me then...

I got my token at the start of sub 2.