Heart of Darkness Nov 29 - December 2

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Willis wrote:
    Full clear of the 2nd sub gives a tiny bit over 6300 points. Hammer goons in the mix now too.
    OK, so three clears of sub 1 gives 10,000 points, three clears of sub 2 gives 20,000 points. As long as sub 3 gives 40,000 points over three clears the legendary should be achievable.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Willis wrote:
    Full clear of the 2nd sub gives a tiny bit over 6300 points. Hammer goons in the mix now too.

Thanks for the heads up! icon_mrgreen.gif

I was wondering when Hammer boys will make an appearance. icon_lol.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 24 hour events, an initial mad rush of clearing down to 1 will score you 3.5x the core points, but the nodes will recover to only half full when you get to the final clear stage. Optimum clearing will get you 6x the core points, plus rubber-banding effects. I like it when the hares do what hares do, it makes it easier for the tortoises to get the progression rewards.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,071 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Willis wrote:

this even is so not worth it 6900 pts
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This PVE has been bizarre so far. In first day of my time slice, I do a perfect optimal clear- 3 clears every 8 hours, at full points, and grind as many nodes at the end as I can. This only got me to about rank 200 or so...

So I'm waiting for the minute to tick down to open up the next day event, and I start Dark Design 1 minute after it opens... and I'm already rank 400 before there's dozens of players over 5k points already?

How did anyone clear 5k worth of nodes in 1 minute?

Weirdest point scoring I've seen happen yet in a PVE.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    On the dot 8 hour clears and a 2h40 non-stop grind without defeat still didn't get me T10, this event is crazy. I don't know what else I could have done, people must have some insanely quick teams or be using a lot of boosts! I'm sure I was level with the eventual leader with a couple of hours to go
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a 4* release event, some brackets are death brackets where you could optimally grind everything but still rank around top 100 because every other player can do it a little better than you. Other brackets, usually later, are more pedestrian.

Would need more data but these death brackets which slice and when did you join?
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    With the way the new story is progressing and sub 2 heading towards this portal. Do you think we may see some new goon type enemies from beyond the portal? That would be a very nice surprise.

Or maybe we will see a new npc boss that is controlling the whole story. Being that it is Hood maybe Dormammu is going to be showing up in some form?

Or maybe I'm reading to much into it and getting my hopes up only to see the dark avengers show up in the last sub.
  • What is everyone using on the last node? I have tried many combos and get to the last wave but die... icon_evil.gif
  • Calabaza
    Options
    My goto for the wave nodes has been Professor X, Daken Gold, and Daredevil.

Daken makes lots of attack tiles, daredevil sets traps and gets rid of enemy tiles, and prof x sits safely behind invisibility and powers up Daken's tiles.

Get Prof X invisible as soon as possible, and by the end of the last wave the attack tiles are doing upwards of 1-2k damage each.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The answer as for any wave node is LCap and Falcon plus whoever you fancy. I'm using IF because why not?
    Falcon and LCap keep any CDs from popping and you just end every fight in full-ish health.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    It's a 4* release event, some brackets are death brackets where you could optimally grind everything but still rank around top 100 because every other player can do it a little better than you. Other brackets, usually later, are more pedestrian.

Would need more data but these death brackets which slice and when did you join?

Yeah I'm guessing it's just a bad one. Slice 3, I joined right at the start because I can't play much today so I thought I'd at least get a mad grind in the first sub, had 17 health packs stocked up. I realise T10 is out of reach anyway as I won't be grinding today, but i thought I'd at least manage it in the first sub.

Didn't get everything down to 1, which I realise is the suggestion, but I think it would have taken another hour. Had everything down to about 100 I think. Ended about 700 outside T10.

Not moaning, just find it interesting. Didn't have a choice to join late as I'm out today.
  • Starsaber
    Options
    Cartz wrote:
    With the way the new story is progressing and sub 2 heading towards this portal. Do you think we may see some new goon type enemies from beyond the portal? That would be a very nice surprise.

Or maybe we will see a new npc boss that is controlling the whole story. Being that it is Hood maybe Dormammu is going to be showing up in some form?

Or maybe I'm reading to much into it and getting my hopes up only to see the dark avengers show up in the last sub.

I was hoping for that too, but at least they made it sort of make sense in the story. And yes the Dark Avengers show up, but only in one node.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wiped on the last node in the last sub. Am I meant to try again knowing it will extend the refresh timer by another 8 hours? Or leave it be and let it refresh fully?

Unless this is a one time node and not repeatable.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I asked in the event thread too but let me repeat myself here.

Is it better to immediately attempt the node again or let it fully refresh for another 8 hrs? Or is this a one time node?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,071 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

yea i learn NEVER PREJOIN or join after an event starts. im in a mega death bracket.. cant even rank 200 and usually take top 50 easy
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I am using Squirrel/Daredevil/Hood and they work surprisingly good together. You should kill enemy's Hood ASAP, and then all you need are stunning proper goons with expiring countdowns and clearing unreachable ones with Hood guns. Cast Daredevil red and Squirrel green every time you have enough AP and there are enough empty tiles of appropriate color on the board.
  • Orti
    Orti Posts: 20
    Options
    I used black widow, blade and fist - a real killer combo icon_e_smile.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow sub 3 is ridiculous.. I am not grinding 20k out of this.. It's Healthpack city

Edit: After 4 attempts on the survivor node "The Rider Awakens" I finally beat it with LCap, Falcon and IM40. This is what the 4* DDQ should have been, a crazy hard survivor
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm finding the boosted trio of SG, DD, and Blade works surprisingly well in survival nodes, though if you get a red-dry board to start it'll be harder to get it rolling. DD blue to stunlock someone, SG green to shake up the board plus yellow for protects, and once Blade floods the board with strikes & attacks, everyone just keels over & dies for him.

EDIT: Oh, and of course, my usual go-to survival team of Cyc, Steve, and KK is phenomenal providing you've got the covers (Steve: 5B + 5R; KK at least 3Y; Cyc at least 9 total covers I'd say). The only way that team loses is with a horribly stagnant board.