Upcoming Patch Preview - R48 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish the devs would come out of hiding. The long silence is getting worrisome.
  • I wish the devs would come out of hiding. The long silence is getting worrisome.

I was just thinking the same thing.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes no news is good news. Last second bugs, glitches, etc. I'm hoping thought that once Respec goes live and the the bugs get worked out, we start seeing our favorite 2 ability characters, get 3 abilities, Rag's, Loki, Daken, Bullseye I'm rooting for you.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dun dun dun - 4 hours to cover expiry! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Must remember to sell before expire, if no update in sight.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    Dun dun dun - 4 hours to cover expiry! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Must remember to sell before expire, if no update in sight.

I still have 47 hours left on a Patch cover I want to use.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think either they release the patch in the next couple of hours or its not coming out this week, which means bye bye to my hulk greens in my stash...
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I suppose they'll wait for the Simulation tourney to finish before pushing R48, so that people won't complain about the change in the last hours of the tournament.

Or maybe they'll wait 8 hours later for magnetic Mayhem to finish. That might mean the Magneto nerf is part of R48, and they don't want to change him in the last hours of a tournament.

Or perhaps they're waiting 4 days for the Elite tournament to finish, before introducing the new changes.
  • I suppose they'll wait for the Simulation tourney to finish before pushing R48, so that people won't complain about the change in the last hours of the tournament.

Or maybe they'll wait 8 hours later for magnetic Mayhem to finish. That might mean the Magneto nerf is part of R48, and they don't want to change him in the last hours of a tournament.

Or perhaps they're waiting 4 days for the Elite tournament to finish, before introducing the new changes.

Well, the tradition is certainly to dump such patches in the middle of a pay-up tournament, but they might have actually learned from the uproar...

They might even learned importance of ahead notice, if so the coming will be announced at least 24 (preferably more) hours before deployment.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suppose they'll wait for the Simulation tourney to finish before pushing R48, so that people won't complain about the change in the last hours of the tournament.

I don't think this is the case. If you look at the changelog, there aren't any balance changes directly associated with the patch. I could see some people being angry about the victory bonus thing, but they have switches to dynamically enable/disable the feature (as shown by the skip tax feature being included in the last patch but disabled). My guess is that they simply are still working/testing the patch and trying to finish it on time. You guys need to remember that balance updates can be included in a patch, but aren't necessarily enabled as soon as the patch comes out.
  • pasa_ wrote:

Well, the tradition is certainly to dump such patches in the middle of a pay-up tournament, but they might have actually learned from the uproar...

They might even learned importance of ahead notice, if so the coming will be announced at least 24 (preferably more) hours before deployment.

I don't know for certain that they will give us much of a heads up before a nerf but Ice did say that they would consider the timing more carefully.
  • Guys, you need to show the Steam version some love.

Now I'm learning that you can win 500/250 extra ISO everyday by sharing a post in Facebook, and that's it besides daily rewards. It's really unfair for us people without an expensive device icon_evil.gif

And besides, they're getting achievements. I hope those achievements reach Steam quickly... we're being continuously left behind in all fronts.

You even removed one of my favorite features, XBOX controller support icon_mad.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

I don't see as much uproar in this one even if they did do it mid event, the reason is that it doesn't effect a specific character or person, it hits everyone. If you can respec how does that effect you over someone else. I think they introduce when they are ready regardless, then give them a week or two to get the bugs out, then the incoming spidey and Mags nerfs now that people can respec it won't cause as much of an issue. My predictions

Phase I -- Respec
    Phase II-- funbalancing Spidey and Classic Mags as well as others
    Phase III -- upgrade 2* and 3* 2 ability champions to 3 ability champions, Daken, Bullseye, Rags, Loki
  • If anyone lives in cambridge, mass

Go check to see if they are fortifying their office with sandbags and boarding the windows. That ought to give us an indication of what they are up to.
  • Where is steam backup with facebook????

I want to play on android and steam, but with the same profile.
  • Since this update is taking so long it BETTER include:

Fixed mmr
    Fixed Scaling
    Buffed moonstone
    Buffed Captian America
    Doctor doom gets another cover
    Bullseye gets another cover
    Respec
    Boost fix
    Hawkeye avoid gets changed
    Increase storms health
    Tweaking to mags
    Alliances
    Only letting enimes have 13 powers
    Better graphics
    More hero points rewards
    Not letting 1* rosters dominate tournaments and events
    And anything else i did not mention.
  • Unity wrote:
    Since this update is taking so long it BETTER include:

Fixed mmr
    Fixed Scaling
    Buffed moonstone
    Buffed Captian America
    Respec
    Boost fix
    Increase storms health
    Tweaking to mags
    Alliances
    Better graphics
    More hero points rewards

Rags gets his third cover?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unity wrote:

Fixed mmr
    Fixed Scaling
    Buffed moonstone
    Buffed Captian America
    Respec
    Boost fix
    Increase storms health
    Tweaking to mags
    Alliances
    Better graphics
    More hero points rewards

Also, I want a pony.
  • I would love to see them spend a few weeks and 'go back' and fix some of those small things. Certain characters getting third abilities, buffing certain underused characters, more 'in-game' information for the user to digest.

I guess it's more exciting to work on the new stuff, then going back and reworking the old.
  • Unity wrote:

Fixed mmr
    Fixed Scaling
    Buffed moonstone
    Buffed Captian America
    Respec
    Boost fix
    Increase storms health
    Tweaking to mags
    Alliances
    Better graphics
    More hero points rewards

World peace would be nice as well. Oh and the power of teleportation.
  • After all the hell we gave them, rightfully, about making major changes to characters in the last days of a major event, I'm pretty sure that they are at least waiting for Simulator to finish before releasing the new patch- which is almost certainly going to Funbalance Classic Spiderman. I don't think they'll be as fussed about funbalancing Mags in the middle of the Mags tournament- if that change has made it into R48- because everyone's in the same boat, but suddenly taking away broken Spidey stunlock with a handful of hours left on an 8 day event just as people are jockeying for position in the top 10 or top 50, man, the complaints would be LOUD.

It's kind of weird that IceIX has gone radio silent, though. Maybe he's sick or something, but the inconsistent communication from the devs is kind of annoying and doesn't make me confident about putting more money into the game at this stage.