Upcoming Patch Preview - R48 Discussion

Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    After all the hell we gave them, rightfully, about making major changes to characters in the last days of a major event, I'm pretty sure that they are at least waiting for Simulator to finish before releasing the new patch- which is almost certainly going to Funbalance Classic Spiderman. I don't think they'll be as fussed about funbalancing Mags in the middle of the Mags tournament- if that change has made it into R48- because everyone's in the same boat, but suddenly taking away broken Spidey stunlock with a handful of hours left on an 8 day event just as people are jockeying for position in the top 10 or top 50, man, the complaints would be LOUD.

It's kind of weird that IceIX has gone radio silent, though. Maybe he's sick or something, but the inconsistent communication from the devs is kind of annoying and doesn't make me confident about putting more money into the game at this stage.

Like I said earlier, this line of reasoning doesn't make sense. Balance updates don't need to be turned on right as a Patch hits: I believe that they have a switch that they can flip after the patch goes live to enable/disable the balance updates specifically after a client patch has been released to us. My guess is just that they're still working on testing the patch, and that Demiurge (IceIX included) is working in overdrive trying to get the patch out on time.
  • Zhirrzh wrote:
    After all the hell we gave them, rightfully, about making major changes to characters in the last days of a major event, I'm pretty sure that they are at least waiting for Simulator to finish before releasing the new patch- which is almost certainly going to Funbalance Classic Spiderman. I don't think they'll be as fussed about funbalancing Mags in the middle of the Mags tournament- if that change has made it into R48- because everyone's in the same boat, but suddenly taking away broken Spidey stunlock with a handful of hours left on an 8 day event just as people are jockeying for position in the top 10 or top 50, man, the complaints would be LOUD.

It's kind of weird that IceIX has gone radio silent, though. Maybe he's sick or something, but the inconsistent communication from the devs is kind of annoying and doesn't make me confident about putting more money into the game at this stage.

Like I said earlier, this line of reasoning doesn't make sense. Balance updates don't need to be turned on right as a Patch hits: I believe that they have a switch that they can flip after the patch goes live to enable/disable the balance updates specifically after a client patch has been released to us. My guess is just that they're still working on testing the patch, and that Demiurge (IceIX included) is working in overdrive trying to get the patch out on time.

I have to agree with this. I don't see how the upcoming rebalances and R48 are anyhow related. There is no mention of character changes in the release notes, unless I missed it in the fluff somewhere.

Demiurge has been making an increasing effort to be more transparent with their changes. After the Rags debacle, we received over a weeks notification on the Thorverine rebalance, including in-game pop-ups. Since then, they've promised to be even more communicative about future updates. I would be amazed if they dropped the Spidey/Mags changes with R48, especially considering Spidey's importance to the meta right now.

I suspect they are dogfooding R48 right now to ensure it's not going to implode when put into production. Besides, it makes much more sense for them to get the respec system out prior to any more funbalancing. I think they learned their lesson with that! Imagine the time that was wasted addressing all of the Thorverine complaints -- even with advanced notice. They likely reallocated their dev time away from balancing and put it towards the respec module. This would also explain the silence on the rebalance front so shortly after completing the first items on the list.
  • Sorry if I missed this, but did they announce what, if anything, a respec would cost?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forge wrote:
    Sorry if I missed this, but did they announce what, if anything, a respec would cost?

Respec will cost you a cover or HP. Say you have your 5/5/3 Thor. You want him to be 3/5/5. If you have a green cover, you will be able to upgrade Green if you choose, but you will have to remove a cover from another color. If you don't have the cover but want to spend the HP, you do the same thing.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Forge wrote:
    Sorry if I missed this, but did they announce what, if anything, a respec would cost?

It's free, but you need to use the cover that you want to respec into.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forge wrote:

From the first post:
    IceIX wrote:
      o Using an ability comic (or paying the Hero Point cost) for the power desired, an Agent may choose to add a point to that power while reducing one of the other powers by one point.
  • I have a great idea for r48, one that will make people actually want to play again, and I think you may have heard it. Get rid of scaling!
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    I have a great idea for r48, one that will make people actually want to play again, and I think you may have heard it. Get rid of scaling!
    Twysta wrote:
    I got my main ones just not my subs.
    A lot more people on here seem to be waiting more than usual.
    Probably just the servers I assume... I hope.

Yep! The job is running healthily. We had exceptionally high participation in this event, so the rewards will take a little longer than usual to be dished out to everyone.

Pretty sure Demiurge isn't worried about the amount of people playing at this point in time.
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    Forge wrote:

From the first post:
    IceIX wrote:
      o Using an ability comic (or paying the Hero Point cost) for the power desired, an Agent may choose to add a point to that power while reducing one of the other powers by one point.
    And they're definitely not going to attach an ISO or HP fee to do it?
  • KidInsomnia
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    I have a great idea for r48, one that will make people actually want to play again, and I think you may have heard it. Get rid of scaling!
    Twysta wrote:
    I got my main ones just not my subs.
    A lot more people on here seem to be waiting more than usual.
    Probably just the servers I assume... I hope.

Yep! The job is running healthily. We had exceptionally high participation in this event, so the rewards will take a little longer than usual to be dished out to everyone.

Pretty sure Demiurge isn't worried about the amount of people playing at this point in time.

I think it became clear that one time there was a poll on the forum and we could compare it to the number of the people participating in the event at the time that it consisted of like .05% (maybe even .005?) of the total player population so icon_question.gif
  • Forge wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Forge wrote:

From the first post:
    IceIX wrote:

It will not cost iso or HP if you have a cover of the character you want to respec. But if you do not have an ability comic then it will cost HP (the same amount as if you were to level up a power once).
  • Forge wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Forge wrote:

From the first post:
    IceIX wrote:

It will not cost iso or HP if you have a cover of the character you want to respec. But if you do not have an ability comic then it will cost HP (the same amount as if you were to level up a power once).
    Ah, great news. Thanks, pandaberry6!
  • Forgive me for not reading through all ten pages. Is there any estimate of when this patch will drop? I've got a green Thor cover rotting in my roster... >.>
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    pumkin wrote:
    Forgive me for not reading through all ten pages. Is there any estimate of when this patch will drop? I've got a green Thor cover rotting in my roster... >.>

IceIX said Monday barring some unforeseen circumstance.
  • Typhon13 wrote:

They succeeded in making their game unplayable, so be it, let's play another better and certainly funnier game !

This game needs no R48's makeshift's job, it needs real and huge mechanic update, oh and devs who cares !
  • IceIX wrote:
    Also IceIX, any news on R48? My green hulks with 2 days left in the stash are going to be sad if it's not coming out today...
    Most likely Monday, barring major disasters, acts of God, hamsters powering the servers overeating, etc.

Who is excited?! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Also IceIX, any news on R48? My green hulks with 2 days left in the stash are going to be sad if it's not coming out today...
    Most likely Monday, barring major disasters, acts of God, hamsters powering the servers overeating, etc.

Who is excited?! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Me since I have a yellow hood cover expiring in 40 hrs.
  • Ship that Hood yellow over here, I will put it to good use.

Moved up to 5th in shield training, lack of exciting things to do atm :p Do not really feel like grinding to 1550 for my lowest unlocked reward.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Ship that Hood yellow over here, I will put it to good use.

Moved up to 5th in shield training, lack of exciting things to do atm :p Do not really feel like grinding to 1550 for my lowest unlocked reward.

lol...it will finish him off by respec of 5/5/3 once u get rid of that extra black. Now I just gotta level him since he's only lvl 40. Come on update
  • Heads up, all.

R48 is up in the Google Play store.