Legendary token pulls with Command Points

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Pulled a Starlord Yellow. He's 0.4.0 now...

Feel your pain.
    Sounds like my now oh so useful 0 3 0 Falcap...
  • OML black cover... the problem is.. I have nobody at 166.

I want to sell him icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    UncleSmed wrote:
    OML black cover... the problem is.. I have nobody at 166.

I want to sell him icon_e_sad.gif
    Ouch. Just 2000 ISO is a slap in the face. They should give some command points when a five-star cover is sold at least. icon_e_smile.gif
    Though if you don't have anyone at 166 yet you are probably better off hoarding your legendaries until your three-star roster is more mature.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it makes y'all feel better I rostered OML amongst my squad of lvl 94 2* characters and a couple of lvl 90 3* characters and it made no difference to the majority of PVE or PVP. Only thing it affected is my shield sim which is now unplayable as all my oppoenents are running at least 2 maxed 4*'s.
  • OneLastGambit
    Also... am I missing something here? Do command points give you a greater chance of 5* pulls? I was under the impression all it gives you is a legendary token with the same odds as the ones you win elsewhere
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    First CP token and I get a red OML !!! Great! Mine is now 1/0/3. I just a yellow cover and he will start to be a killing machine icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also... am I missing something here? Do command points give you a greater chance of 5* pulls? I was under the impression all it gives you is a legendary token with the same odds as the ones you win elsewhere

Nobody's expecting more or fewers 5*s, just sharing our pulls so we can kvetch, brag, envy, pity etc as usual. It takes a lot of doing to get cp! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Ouch. Just 2000 ISO is a slap in the face. They should give some command points when a five-star cover is sold at least. icon_e_smile.gif
    Though if you don't have anyone at 166 yet you are probably better off hoarding your legendaries until your three-star roster is more mature.

Decided to hold onto him.. got 6 at 150, all bar 3 of the 3*'s at 140 for boost to 200.
    Going to slot him but not use and see how it affects pvp

If they've fixed matchmaking, should be able to be worked around.

It's a **** position, because I have most of the 4* roster to at least a cover and keep them to do essentials for iso and placement and the best way to cover them is legendary tokens
  • OneLastGambit

Nobody's expecting more or fewers 5*s, just sharing our pulls so we can kvetch, brag, envy, pity etc as usual. It takes a lot of doing to get cp! icon_e_smile.gif

Ah right good, was just making sure there wasn't something I didn't know. I'm at 24CP I thought there would be at least 2 CP in the next PVE sub like all the previous...but only 1. Dang
  • Got a red OML, a black SS and 4 x 1000 ISO from CP draws. The amount of old 4*'s in LT is too damn high!
  • Quebbster
    Got a red OML, a black SS and 4 x 1000 ISO from CP draws. The amount of old 4*'s in LT is too damn high!
    You've gotten 150 Command Points already? Impressive.
    I think your problem is that your roster may be a bit too strong though - after all, all 4* covers have an equal draw chance. I did an off-the-cuff calculation and realized I don't need 45% of the available four-star covers, so approximately two out of five Legendary tokens are going to be useless to me and it's only going to get worse as my roster becomes stronger.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Just did my first cp pull. Antman yellow putting him at 3/0/1
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Pulled a Starlord Yellow. He's 0.4.0 now...

I have a 5/0/4. Now I know where all my covers keep going.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I think your problem is that your roster may be a bit too strong though - after all, all 4* covers have an equal draw chance. I did an off-the-cuff calculation and realized I don't need 45% of the available four-star covers, so approximately two out of five Legendary tokens are going to be useless to me and it's only going to get worse as my roster becomes stronger.

Yeah thanks to some very friendly Alliance mates icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah I understand my roster is probably better developed than average and there is always the RNGesus. So my chances pulling something I actually need are smaller than someone in 3* land. But still the negative feeling surrounding the highest possible reward in this game is frustrating. A week long PVE grind resulting in a baglady isn't pleasant.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

Yeah thanks to some very friendly Alliance mates icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah I understand my roster is probably better developed than average and there is always the RNGesus. So my chances pulling something I actually need are smaller than someone in 3* land. But still the negative feeling surrounding the highest possible reward in this game is frustrating. A week long PVE grind resulting in a baglady isn't pleasant.
    Yeah, I know that feeling well. I believe that exact scenario happened to me during the last run of Enemy of the State, in fact.
  • Had 25 CP. Just received the 5 from placing above 300 in Track And Slash. Went to trade in a got rewarded with icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png !! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    KP black, the day before KP was needed. Not bad!
    (Used KP to get an Elektra I sold....so I guess that makes us even RNG?)
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Just got my bonus CP. cashed it in.......IW yellow icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    finally got enough to use my shiny new CP and get my first legendary 'pack' (anyone know why its called a pack when you only get 1?) and pulled....aw man... bag lady icon_e_sad.gif What's more annoying is I just threw two bag lady covers away icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    4th Thor Yellow. Which is okay for now since this is her 12th cover.