4* DDQ: Professer X vs Carnage Edition

Options

Comments

• Tanarus
    Options
    Just beat it with my 1/1/1 Lv 78 Prof X. The only boost I used was Team Up Damage +50% because why not.

Match Purple, then Green, then whatever else.

Got a Nick Fury purple. Handy!
  • darkshifter
    Options
    Fourth try of the day with my 0/1/0 Professor X. Beat him AND got a Old Man Logan Black. Not a bad day so far.
  • Articyular
    Articyular Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Does anyone know what the record is for lowest levelled and covered 4* DDQ win is?

I mean, I did it with a 0/1/0 level 70 PX, so it doesn't get any lower than that.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Professor X was 0/1/1 and with boosts and about 4 tries, I finally pulled off Blind Spot and (slowly) beat Carnage to get Master Plan for Professor X.
  • Took about 7 tries, but managed to pull off the 0/1/0 win.

Was just a matter of getting a friendly, very purple board to begin the match. Then once invisible it was all about denying green and stocking up on purples in case my invisibility tile got matched away.

Definitely cringed any time Carnage managed to get off his green skill icon_eek.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was going to have a go with my 0/0/1 Prof but then decided to shut my wedding tackle in a car door instead. Less painful.

Why couldn't my only cover be Purple dagnabbit!
  • thesamuraipig
    thesamuraipig Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The only thing invisible to me was a purple cover to go invisible. I gave it the old college try though with my 2/0/3 Prof hoping for some crit cascades. I boosted blue and purple...red and yellow and crits...got close once 1 of 12 times. It's been fun to try. But ending the misery.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat it on the first try with a level 86 0/3/1. icon_cool.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    there were multiple people in my DDQ bracket that only had a 0/1/0 PX, this i can guarantee you that it's the only one where that's possible.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hel must have frozen over this day, because I finally won! 2nd try. Hide and let the attack tiles do the work.

Afraid to open the token, tho. I have gotten only IW or Starlord from my previous tokens.
  • 0/1/0, won on my first try, no boosts. Kept my invisibility tile out and just won with match damage and his attack tiles. Easiest one of these yet, if you have the right cover.
  • jvasses
    Options
    I must have the worst luck imaginable. I've played this roughly 25x. I either lose in 1-2 moves from the dreaded match 5 cascades right to symbiote scythes. Or I widdle his life down to 1000-2000 and he finally fires a carnage rules.(EVERY single time he fires this, it hits my invis. tile.) then he follows up with symbiote scythe for the kill. I've exhausted 20 healthpacks, and so many match/ap boosts I can't count that high! This is easily the most frustrating 4star DDQ to date! so annoyed! icon_mad.gif
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 4 purple covers for Xavier only and won this. Pretty easy as long as you get invisible and manage to stay that way. Now I have my first legendary token that is going to sit there for a very long time since I am early in my 3* transition
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it third try with my 2/1/1 level 94 Prof. Boosted Stockpile x 3, b/p x 3, and +20% match damage x 5. Took some luck but I pulled a blue Jean Grey to bring her to 0/2/1 so it was worth it. Thus begins a long drought for me as the only other 4* I have left that I have a chance with is Falcon America. Got my day 610 black Elektra to bring her to 2/4/2 today too.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Very easy fight today. My PX is 552, level 166 and win handily. Even pulled a DPX purple from the token. Very good day. Thanks for a fun fight, guys!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Inverse PX (3/5/3) level 172 that I've hardly used - was surprised just how fast it took Carnage down first try. I expected to hide and win, but it went really quickly.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Whooooo beat it with my 1 purple cover only Prof X!

Took like 5-6 tries though...

L3TRBjs.jpg
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just wondering, though, why the attack tiles Carnage generated for me did no damage to him at the end of each turn?

They did, but the latest update shuffled things around. Watch when you do a match-3, and you'll see the attack tile damage added on to it immediately after. Then there's a pause, and then the attack tile pulses but doesn't display damage. It's confusing, and they'll be fixing it in four weeks, but the damage really IS getting done.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Finally beat it on my alt with a 0/1/0 level 70 PX. Took forever, but Carnage died.
  • Rousing success, promotions all round. Made the memory of SL a distant..ughh...memory