Star-Lord in the next DDQ. Who's he going to face?

Comments

• Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2015
    125 starlord, at 5/2/3 and i'm 0-15 so far. will update on this horseshit 4* ddq.

the most i can get her to is half her health. then i get skull cracked. or slashed. or a combination of those.

EDIT: I F*(*&(^ BEAT IT!!!!! All it took was 27 tries, leveling up my 100 starlord to 150, countless iso pumped into boosts, opened about a dozen ddq vault tokens for health packs, and most importantly, INCREDIBLE **** LUCK with my board. this was the worst 4* DDQ ever.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    mmrosek wrote:
    Ditto to what everyone else has said. But the Jean TU is really a kick in the crotch that isn't needed.

Are we all excited yet for the Prof X battle next week against Old Man Logan and his Deadpool Whales TU? icon_eek.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    mmrosek wrote:
    Ditto to what everyone else has said. But the Jean TU is really a kick in the crotch that isn't needed.
    At least it didn't erase countdown tiles.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 4/2/1 SL has no chance against her, really. 7955 HP, so she just needs 15 red to kill me, whereas I need 40 purple and the hope that the countdowns aren't matched. Tried 4 times and I'm not going to waste more health packs on it.

Hell, as soon as she got Bad Reputation off once her attacks were doing 2,300 damage.

The characters I managed to win with were all level 166 (or later 170). Star Lord is my next one down at 152 and it's all down hill from there. Not even going to bother with this node now until it rolls around again, there's literally no point any more for me. Just a waste of health packs.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    5/0/0 lvl 172, I'm 0 for 4 so far and 3 times have had the winning countdown on the board. Once she got a cascade into a 5-way that erased my cd, and the other two she got just enough match damage to down me. Frustrating.

Edit: And then the very next try I got so much purple I got off 3 SoH to her one Razor's Edge. Three yellow or blue 4-ways that I left for her slowed her down a lot.

ProfX blue with the token. Timely!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    mmrosek wrote:

Yeah, that was the only thing good about it. The first time the AI fired it and I had my purple countdown on the board and I thought "man she just erased it" but then I saw it was still there. This was the only thing good about this fight...
    Cylaali wrote:
    125 starlord, at 5/2/3 and i'm 0-15 so far. will update on this tinykitty 4* ddq.

the most i can get her to is half her health. then i get skull cracked. or slashed. or a combination of those.

My star lord was 5/2/2 and I did it, so you can too. Just wait until you have a good board (well and I leveled my Starlord a little bit more, to 150).
  • 3/4/2 166 using boosts. 0 for 12 so far. Once I got her down to 4k and would have won in another two turns, but most of the time she smokes me with ~80% health left. By far the cheapest matchup yet.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    mmrosek wrote:

Yeah, that was the only thing good about it. The first time the AI fired it and I had my purple countdown on the board and I thought "man she just erased it" but then I saw it was still there. This was the only thing good about this fight...
    Cylaali wrote:
    125 starlord, at 5/2/3 and i'm 0-15 so far. will update on this tinykitty 4* ddq.

My star lord was 5/2/2 and I did it, so you can too. Just wait until you have a good board (well and I leveled my Starlord a little bit more, to 150).

I was thinking the same thing when she fired that tu - damn there goes my cd tile but nope, it was still there. I also took my sl to 150 just for the extra health
  • This node is an example of what makes me really not want d3 to handle the magic:tg puzzle quest.

I enjoy about half of the way this game is designed, but the way d3 demands you to schedule your life around a match-3 game to make any kind of progress, and never going back to rebalance characters, really turns me off.

If you play casually, only a few of your characters, of the billion covers you have, will be usable and everything will revolve around the same few characters and repetitive strategies. I just look at my extensive 1-5 cover 4* collection, that I will never use and shake my head.

I do deadpool dailies now but will never pay again. I have since moved onto final fantasy record keeper. While not perfect, it does a way better job of letting you play on your own schedule, character usage variety and they put a floor on how bad draw rng can screw you, by giving login items that at least lets you beat current content and progress. What a joke mpq daily resupply has become.

Hopefully my gut feeling is wrong and d3 will create an amazing mtg game, which I have great nostalgia for, and something I can feel good dropping cash on.
  • Kriegerbot wrote:
    This node is an example of what makes me really not want d3 to handle the magic:tg puzzle quest.

I enjoy about half of the way this game is designed, but the way d3 demands you to schedule your life around a match-3 game to make any kind of progress, and never going back to rebalance characters, really turns me off.

If you play casually, only a few of your characters, of the billion covers you have, will be usable and everything will revolve around the same few characters and repetitive strategies. I just look at my extensive 1-5 cover 4* collection, that I will never use and shake my head.

I do deadpool dailies now but will never pay again. I have since moved onto final fantasy record keeper. While not perfect, it does a way better job of letting you play on your own schedule, character usage variety and they put a floor on how bad draw rng can screw you, by giving login items that at least lets you beat current content and progress. What a joke mpq daily resupply has become.

Hopefully my gut feeling is wrong and d3 will create an amazing mtg game, which I have great nostalgia for, and something I can feel good dropping cash on.

Yeah but who cares about MTG?

Marvel Overpower was better anyway
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've heard a lot of frustration on this one in several Line chats as well.

I beat it first time with 5/3/5 (max damage boost) level 172 SL - though it was a bit close when she hit green ability followed by the TU (that we -STILL- can't use for this "one-on-one".....) Red priority, then black denial and ignore your own yellow.

PX next then folks might have KP/Carnage/JG a bit covered/leveled....after that I bet the failure rate for these goes way, WAY up as we get to characters very few have covered (Thing, Falcap, Rhulk, IceMan, Cyc, MrF). Still don't understand why these aren't against a 166 or 200 instead of 270 - or why there isn't an easy "gateway" requiring the essential to -get- the essential, just like 3* works (successfully) in DDQ.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    This fight is a classic example of the developers not playing their own game. My starlord is 544, level 180 and getting steamrolled. Gamora always gets her red no matter how much I red deny, on top of cascades that match away every cd tile I do. I'm 0/16, this should not be happening.

Fix your useless broken characters, demi!
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    She gets Black off, you're done.

She gets Green off, you're done.

You try to deny those (and TUs), you get a mountain of AP that you can't use.

I know the match up makes "sense" but it doesn't make game sense. A Falcon match would have mechanically made sense, but may have been too easy.
  • Isay_Isay wrote:
    She gets Black off, you're done.

A Falcon match would have mechanically made sense, but may have been too easy.

And in the 10 seconds that you took to write that sentence Isay, you have demonstrated that you have given MPQ WAY more thought that the devs today.

I personally didn't have any trouble beating her with my 535 level 168 (+2all, +RY, +BP), but i know that this match is giving a ton of folks fits.

Best of luck to all still slogging through this.

easy...marc
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Denial is more important than anything in this one. Prioritize red first. Then deny green/black, prioritizing whichever she has more of. Luckily, her green/black are expensive, so you get a buffer. After you've denied all matches, don't make any matches that have a chance of leaving red/black/green when tiles fall from the top. Taking blue is better than letting her have a chance at red/black/green.

After all that's done, THEN, you can look for purple if yours is high level. If you have a high level red, you should be ok. Wait until there are no red or purple matches available before you cast, and preferably for when you have yellow so you can make your damage cheaper.

EDIT:
    PS, I know it's hard. It took me 6 tries and I had to bring my Starlord to leve 124 (5/5/3). You can't win every time, but you only need to win once, so give yourself the best odds of winning each match.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    scottee wrote:
    Denial is more important than anything in this one. Prioritize red first. Then deny green/black, prioritizing whichever she has more of. Luckily, her green/black are expensive, so you get a buffer. After you've denied all matches, don't make any matches that have a chance of leaving red/black/green when tiles fall from the top. Taking blue is better than letting her have a chance at red/black/green.

After all that's done, THEN, you can look for purple if yours is high level. If you have a high level red, you should be ok. Wait until there are no red or purple matches available before you cast, and preferably for when you have yellow so you can make your damage cheaper.

EDIT:
    PS, I know it's hard. It took me 6 tries and I had to bring my Starlord to leve 124 (5/5/3). You can't win every time, but you only need to win once, so give yourself the best odds of winning each match.

You have a maxed covered starlord which is far more valuable that levels when it comes to 4*s. usually someone with about 6 covers at level 130 could keep fighting and luckily win. This time 10 sounds like the minimum. This is a stupid match up beyond belief.

This rhetoric that people who say its too hard want to win every match is garbage. people wipe out all the time on these events, I lost like 20 in a row for the invisible woman, yet there was light at the end of that tunnel and you didn't see the level of complaints that you see this time.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Over 20 health packs used and not even close. 4-4-2 lvl 170. My red doesn't do enough damage and no matter what I do to deny AI gets cascades to pop off something. I thought I had her when I started with a pink and red board but I couldn't match away All of the red. I got off pink twice and thought maybe a chance, but cascade gave her a load of black. There were 13 yellow tiles on the board. Don't know how many strikes she put out but it was a lot and enough to finish me with two more match 3s. I've hit the point where the lottery ticket I might get if I beat her isn't worth anymore further aggravation or health packs.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:

EDIT:

You have a maxed covered starlord which is far more valuable that levels when it comes to 4*s. usually someone with about 6 covers at level 130 could keep fighting and luckily win. This time 10 sounds like the minimum. This is a stupid match up beyond belief.

This rhetoric that people who say its too hard want to win every match is garbage. people wipe out all the time on these events, I lost like 20 in a row for the invisible woman, yet there was light at the end of that tunnel and you didn't see the level of complaints that you see this time.

I'm not sure what rhetoric in my post you're referring to. I'm saying that every little bit of advantage adds up to give you better odds, and hopefully that helps more people win that wouldn't have otherwise.

EDIT: And I agree covers are really important in this one. You basically need at least 4 covers in either purple or red. I can't see this being won with less than that.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    2/1/2, max level (111). It's not happening. Yellow is close to worthless and the others don't do much damage. I give up after 5 attempts.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Would love to know what the completion percentages are for this one compared to the others.
    I can't give you anything official but from my personal experience I can say that it's much less than the previous two. For both the Elektra and Antman I beat the 4* node as soon as i woke up. I then didn't touch the rest of the nodes for at least 12 hours. After beating all of them I noted my rank. For the previous two I was ranked in the mid-50s which means a little over 5% of the player base was able to beat the 4* node. I did the same thing for Starlord and my rank was 16 meaning less than 2% of the player base has beaten the 4* node this time.

I fully realize that a bracket that starts early in the day probably isn't the same as a bracket that starts mid-day or late in the day but since I always join at the same time my experience is probably fairly representative of the overall player base--the overall completion percentages might be higher in my brackets that those that start later but relatively speaking the difference between Elektra/Antman and Starlord is probably close enough to draw some meaningful observations.