Star-Lord in the next DDQ. Who's he going to face?

Comments

• Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Just a guess....but Gamora would destroy Quill. That red is too fast and her black is brutal. If it isn't a support char its gonna suck.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Here's a contrarian shot in the dark. . . Blade. Yes, he would break the match two colors "rule," but that's what makes Blade so attractive as an opponent. His green relies on presence of red tiles and bypass SL's attempts to hinder. Once strike tiles are on board, Blade can 3-match you to death. So trotting out Blade after rule breaking Jean Grey makes a lot of sense.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Here's a contrarian shot in the dark. . . Blade. Yes, he would break the match two colors "rule," but that's what makes Blade so attractive as an opponent. His green relies on presence of red tiles and bypass SL's attempts to hinder. Once strike tiles are on board, Blade can 3-match you to death. So trotting out Blade after rule breaking Jean Grey makes a lot of sense.
    He already fought Elektra though. I'd rather see a new opponent instead of a repeat.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I find I never use SL's yellow hence going for a 3/5/5 build

I believe you mean SL's purple there? (Regarding not using it, vs. Jean's purple)

Anyway, thanks for being one of the few defenders of the overly-maligned Star-Lord in this and his character thread, Phaser -- he definitely fills a unique niche and I'm interested enough now to devote a chunk of ISO into him vs a few more-obvious A-listers. (also: What build are you aiming for on your 2nd Star-Lord?)

Yes purple.

I have been running SL 5/5/3 and Jean this whole enemy of the state, and you can literally clear waves with her and SL's yellow out. His red is nice in that enviornment too as it usually goes off. I'm going for 3/5/5 as second build. I have found the yellow too good to not max, therefore the only builds then are 5/5/3 and 3/5/5 which all depends upon your team. Strong Purple, 3/5/5, strong red 5/5/3.

There are a few characters that change how they play via builds, where some are just slightly changed or not worth the change. Take Hulkbuster 5/3/5 works but you don't get that much more out of 5 blue vs 3, you could go 3/5/5 but again you don't gain much more red acceleration vs a 5/5/3. The 4 4*'s while not powerhouses but change completely on build are...

Professor Xavier--I'm looking to make a pure PvE terror of 3/5/5
    AntMan--No wrong build
    Deadpool--3/5/5 vs. 5/3/5
    StarLord--5/3/5, 5/5/3 and 3/5/5

Other than Deadpool you'll notice purple/yellow is a theme. DP as a 3/5/5 wants him not to be the tank, but to hide and hit when others get hurt, StarLord can be a God of PvE with 5/3/5 or full support 3/5/5. Antman you honestly can go either way, I'm debating once I get a full 3/5/5 SL to go 5/5/3 Antman and abuse the yellow tile, and PX, while 5/3/5 is the PvP route, with no support to abuse his blue, 3/5/5 actually makes more sense most of the time.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    OBW would be my guess. Or maybe... It's Bagman's time to shine!!!
  • Skorche
    Skorche Posts: 47
    My guess is Galactus just cause they're patching star lord to replace cosmic tiles. Which I read and was like wha??? Why???
  • Quebbster
    But the worst would be Bagman, no questions. Imagine your purple and red countdown tiles forever having thei time lengthened, never to proc! icon_cry.gif
    IceIX did mention there were fights against two-star opponents planned...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if the Devs watch these particular threads and wait until everyone talks about who they would least like to see and then chooses them as the opponent?

They do seem to always pick whomever we have all said would be the biggest pain in the tinykitty
  • Quebbster
    I wonder if the Devs watch these particular threads and wait until everyone talks about who they would least like to see and then chooses them as the opponent?

They do seem to always pick whomever we have all said would be the biggest pain in the tinykitty
    I think they are quite capable of picking the biggest pain on their own. IceIX did mention testing out the battles in advance, so I think they have the opponent picked before the featured charactr gets announced.
  • Thinking about Deadpool X.
  • OneLastGambit
    What about an under levelled Surfer since Star Lord has just been given the ability to remove cosmic tiles now....
  • Quebbster
    What about an under levelled Surfer since Star Lord has just been given the ability to remove cosmic tiles now....
    I thought that too... then I remembered that Surfer makes black holes. Galactus is the one who makes cosmic tiles. I think it's unlikely that Star-Lord will go one on one with Galactus, fortunately.
  • OneLastGambit
    Quebbster wrote:
    I thought that too... then I remembered that Surfer makes black holes. Galactus is the one who makes cosmic tiles. I think it's unlikely that Star-Lord will go one on one with Galactus, fortunately.

Darn it you're right. I'm now curious as to what the point was in giving Star Lord this ability which only makes him useful once a year (assuming galactus comes back) very strange change that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

Darn it you're right. I'm now curious as to what the point was in giving Star Lord this ability which only makes him useful once a year (assuming galactus comes back) very strange change that.
    We have a new fivestar coming soon... maybe one that also makes cosmic tiles?
    I also don't think the patch hits until next week, so too late to affect the DDQ battle.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    It is how they are planning to launch Drax the Destroyer.

No Drax, not literally launch you. As in release you as a character.
  • OneLastGambit
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

We have a new fivestar coming soon... maybe one that also makes cosmic tiles?
    I also don't think the patch hits until next week, so too late to affect the DDQ battle.

Word round the camp fire is its gonna be Phoenix (Jean Grey - as if we needed another). Nice catch on the cosmic tile thing though, I genuinely thought Star Lord would be more useful against surfer.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    It will be 4* Deadpool.

Because they don´t make opponents lore-based as promised, they choose opponents with similar colors (player denyin one color is simultaniously gaining usefull color in the process).

Star-Lord has red/yellow/ purple.
    4* Deadpool has red/black/purple.

No other 4* character they share more colors.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phillipes wrote:
    It will be 4* Deadpool.

Because they don´t make opponents lore-based as promised, they choose opponents with similar colors (player denyin one color is simultaniously gaining usefull color in the process).

We had 4* DP against XFW, so i would think the reverse would be the same.
  • Quebbster
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phillipes wrote:
    It will be 4* Deadpool.

We had 4* DP against XFW, so i would think the reverse would be the same.
    Well, XFW already fought Cyclops, soo...
    Then again, no one said it had to be a 4* fighting against Starlord, so the basic premise is still flawed.
  • It's Galactus, with a 30 cost Cosmic Wrath. Which is why they patched his CD tile to affect cosmic tiles. <_<