Star-Lord in the next DDQ. Who's he going to face?

Comments

• rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Took my 4/1/5 icon_starlord.png from 150 to 180...

Took 3 tries; on 3rd try I boosted match damage 100%, All Color Boost x2, yellowflag.pngredflag.png boost x2 and crushed her with a red heavy board that she decided not to match before I could. Very polite of her icon_e_biggrin.gif

Pulled an unneeded yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png (have 5 already), but it's all good - my Legendary Token luck has been pretty darn good lately.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    My 041 lvl111 SL was trying to pet her to death, before a bloody red slap put paid to that. I can lvl him to 131... i'm sure that will help in no way whatsoever.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/1/4, 140 took 6 attempts and a purple heavy board, was able to get purple off 2x and red off once

+r/y, +p/b, +all
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    The enemy still gets a TU. A teamup that does a fair bit of damage.

Against Devil Dino, the enemy wasn't fully leveled to 270.

This is worse than the wolverine vs cyclops.

Forgot to say that I beat the node.

This is a game, it's supposed to be fun. It is owned by Sega, not Nintendo. It should be beatable by the majority, not the elite.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one is again very tough. I have tried and lost 3 times with my 5/2/2 - 152 StarLord, all times I have been 'close', and every time she has betten in a different way (when in the third time I have seen a JG team up, and just after that she has cast her black I got really pissed).

The problem is that purple at 5 does so little damage (around 4000), so I need to cast it twice, and at least once for red, so I need to get 27 seven AP without Gamora casting her red twice or her red and green. And deny all red is almost impossible so she is going to fire her red at least once. Green is specially deadly because it stuns you for 2 turns, so she can get all the red she wants. So if the board is full of greens and reds you are done.

I guess this fight is going to be more or less easy if you have 4-5 in red...

I think lately devs are starting to kill DDQ4 fun with these unfair fights. You need more than 6 covers to have any chance, and in some, even with 9 covers you still need to get lucky to win.

PS: And it is not fair either that these opponents are 5/5/5 for a solo fight
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    My SL is lvl 94, 1/2/1 and I got my butt handed to me first time. I will give it another try, but as usual I think 5-6 covers is the tipping point, and 4 is not enough health or covers to really do the job. Ah well!
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    This matchup isn't challenging, it's just cheap.
  • 150 4/2/2, not gonna pass this one, it just total boost burn-out(wiped all time)

(5/5/5 cover, over-capped level, tu's, cheating cascade. . . .ouch)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    This was a thing that a horse leaves behind after it goes through it's digestive system.

4/2/2 Starlord at lvl 168, have run through all my health packs and still haven't been beat her using a variety of boost combos. All ten boards started with at 9-12 tiles of black and green each, and they kept coming with every drop. Random number generator my (please refer to the last part of the horse's digestive system used in the process above.)

With only one color match between them, you spend the whole match trying to deny 3 colors AND the team up tiles, because if she gets any of them off, the match has started to end.

There's no puzzle aspect to this fight. I would say its luck of the board draw but after those ten attempts, it's clearly not.

I feel like I had more of shot with my 2 cover Xpool on his challenge.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I leveled my 3/2/0 SL up to 127. Didn't make much of a difference, should have saved the ISO =)

I tried to deny red as much as possible. On my second try I managed to get her down to about halfway before she got a cascade into red, and her red power off for a 2nd (and final) time.
  • leeleeshine
    leeleeshine Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    That was brutal. My Starlord is 5/3/5 180 and even i had hard time beating this. I respecced him recently thanks to **** Legendary token pulls from 5 yellowflag.png to 5 redflag.png. I think redflag.png is definitely the key to winning this fight, as that is the color you need to deny the most to survive.
  • 5/4/0 151 with no chance in hell so far. Came within 3k once but I had 78 health left so yeah...think I'm calling it quits on this one!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    6 tries with lvl 140 2/0/4.. didn't get close , not even 50% .. may try later, but not wasting another boost.. possibly the hardest one yet.. even my 1/3/0(at the time) IW almost won..
  • Malcrof wrote:
    6 tries with lvl 140 2/0/4.. didn't get close , not even 50% .. may try later, but not wasting another boost.. possibly the hardest one yet.. even my 1/3/0(at the time) IW almost won..

Making me rethink why I have this bum on my roster
  • Polares
    And I got her at my 4th try. It seems after I come here to rant a little bit, RNG god is good with me and gives me a good board to beat the DDQ4 (it is the third time now that I beat the node on my first try after posting here icon_razz.gif)

As I said before I have needed two purples and one red to beat her and of course, I ate one of her reds. But the board was not very full with greens and reds so I had the time to get my 20 purples and beat her before she could use anything else (well se used JG teamup also).
    Malcrof wrote:

Everytime I play with him I am more convinced that yellow is the only thing that makes this guy special. Purple is not bad (it would be perfect if it costed 8AP), but it is his yellow the one power you can exploit the most.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    And I got her at my 4th try. It seems after I come here to rant a little bit, RNG god is good with me and gives me a good board to beat the DDQ4 (it is the third time now that I beat the node on my first try after posting here icon_razz.gif)

As I said before I have needed two purples and one red to beat her and of course, I ate one of her reds. But the board was not very full with greens and reds so I had the time to get my 20 purples and beat her before she could use anything else (well se used JG teamup also).
    Malcrof wrote:

Everytime I play with him I am more convinced that yellow is the only thing that makes this guy special. Purple is not bad (it would be perfect if it costed 8AP), but it is his yellow the one power you can exploit the most.

They need to make the red placeable, and not put it directly into the only red match 3 available on the board every single time it is cast.

Or give it a double whammy like the Grow or Punch a snowman has.. he is way overdue for a re-tune, especially with the 2nd movie coming.
  • 535 level 168 Star Lord. I boosted +2all, RY, BP.

Took Gamora out on the first try. Got Red & Purple off 2 times each, got yellow off 1 time.

And a Black Elektra cover for my troubles...

icon_e_sad.gif

easy...marc
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This battle is a great example of getting severely penalized for having the best build.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    5/2/3 SL leveled to 155 and I got whupped 10 times. Closest I got was getting her down to ~500 health. Got a decent cascade, got off 2 purple and she managed to go from 2 black to 16 black with 1 cascade. I lasted 1 more turn after she got bad attitude out.
  • Polares
    simonsez wrote:
    This battle is a great example of getting severely penalized for having the best build.

Yeah, for DDQ4 you need to maximize the damage output, everything else is not important. So if the best build is for utility, you are going to be screwed here (3/5/5 Xpool or 3/5/5 cyclops are the worst offenders that come into my mind).
    woopie wrote:
    5/2/3 SL leveled to 155 and I got whupped 10 times. Closest I got was getting her down to ~500 health. Got a decent cascade, got off 2 purple and she managed to go from 2 black to 16 black with 1 cascade. I lasted 1 more turn after she got bad attitude out.

Bad attitude at 5 covers, level 270, and playing alone (so she can claim all tiles) is OP.