Star-Lord in the next DDQ. Who's he going to face?

Comments

• Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    This battle is a good example of how bad Starlord is and how much he needs a rework on his abilities.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    5/1/2 level 171 starlord
    + all color boost,+red/yellow, + purple

Win in 2nd try, maybe a little lucky

Fire red first to slow gamora red
    Fire purple to do lots damage
    I think red is important than purple
    And deny red is more important than deny green and black
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    3/1/3 @152 has no chance. I can barely get two countdown tiles to trigger before she gets 3 abilities fired off and downs me.

I guess legendary tokens really are designed for people who have full 4* rosters... Frustrating for those of us with full 3* rosters and 7-8 covers on most 4*s.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Normally a level 131 3/1/2 covered guy like mine would have a chance in one of these fights, but I don't see how a Star-Lord with less than 9 covers beats Gamora. And even then they'd need to get lucky.
    I am in the same boat (starship?) with the exact same level/covers. I got her down to less than 1000 once using All AP, All Damage Boost, Full Critical boost, but that was by far the best attempt while I had All Damage boosts left. Might give it another shot if I get lucky boost drops during the Bullseye PVP, but otherwise I'll call it and wait for my better chances with Xavier.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 level 128, took her down on the 14th try, had to dip into the taco stash for health packs.

This node was the perfect storm of the character being lousy, countdowns being an overvalued and vulnerable mechanic, poor color overlap when any of the opponent's colors will kill you dead, and the thematically appropriate opponent actually benefitting from the lack of teammates. Brutal.

Would love to know what the completion percentages are for this one compared to the others.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Blew through 5 HPs in this one with a level 150 starlord. I could of pumped him up to about 220, but each loss was attributed to a massive cascade for gamora by turn 4. Each of her abilities is brutal, so inevitable that she's able to fire at least one off. I was determined to see if it was possible to beat her if she didn't happen upon better ap collection than me.

Its runs like that in which make people think that tile gen isn't random.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would love to know what the completion percentages are for this one compared to the others.

Yeah, I want to see the breakdown by covers. Who won and how many covers did they have? No one with less than 7 covers is winning this (unless they're 0/0/5 or something) and even the fully covered ones are having trouble. This is easily the worst of these DDQs yet.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow. I can't believe I made it 2nd try. got a board filled with purple. took no abilities from gamora, but did take the jean TU - **** is that??? was all luck - I got 2 reds and 2 or 3 purple off and prevented her from red (and green and black) - at the end she was close to enough ap on all 3 of her colors. could go probably 15 more times and that not happen again.

my starlord is level 145 at 4/2/2

edit: woohoo, hb black, putting him at 5/4/4. just about ready to put more iso into him.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the info, pals. Not going to bother dumping 40k only to fail.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Worst 4 * legendary yet. I just wanted to say I think this proves the designer for this node is a jerk. They literally chose the worst possible opponent to fight 1v1 at level 270. Both a low AP requirement for a high damage attack, a 2 turn damaging stun, and a strike tile creation that pretty much means you die in one turn. And to top it off, they show just how bad Starlord is. I have a level 188 4/3/2 SL, and I used 25 +20% match damage boosts and plenty of +2 AP all and other boosts. Got her down to 330 health left once, but she matched my purple the prior turn so I died. I want a refund on all the boosts I used on this rigged node.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    He slipped off his (fetching) red leather jacket rolled up his sleeves and grabbed his 2 purpleflag.png covers, ready to take on the deadliest woman in the galaxy (why is she called that? she's not a woman right?). With his headphones on he battled away playing his usual game of frustration - denying all opponent colours and trying to match damage Gamorra back to nowhere. The match was but just 4 minutes old when Gamorra swung her sword crippling the Star-Lord...but not defeating him. He checked the AP collection, he had enough to fire off 2 purpleflag.png powers and launched them both knowing he had only 4 turns at best before she would down him despite his insanely brilliant evasive tactics.

He denied like a cheating partner until his timers went off and BOOM!... when the dust cleared... she bashed his skull and knocked him out laughing at his ineptitude and wandering off into the distance happy in her victory.

For the record my Star-Lord is LVL 83 with 2 purple covers and I got Gamorra down to about 1 third health before being defeated. As always I'm pretty confident that with 2 or even maybe 1 more cover in red I would've beaten this.
  • I was able to make it on the first try with a level 130 511 Starlord. I boosted blue/purp + All AP, +100% Match damage. I *aggressively* matched black and green (in that order) whenever I saw a match 3 available. Managed to get SL purple off twice, and red once. Gamora only fired Razor's edge once (and her JG team up), but it only did ~5k damage and I had only taken match damage to that point.

Seemed like a pretty lucky board, and I was rewarded with a green Invisible Woman for my troubles. Groan.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Esheris wrote:
    This battle is a good example of how bad Starlord is and how much he needs a rework on his abilities.
    I kinda thought that too, but really, Gamora in a 1-on-1 isn't fair against anyone, because her green will stunlock you and her black is completely overpowered. The very least they could've done was save her for the Carnage battle, so at least the colors matched. This battle forced you to keep matching colors you didn't need and provided no match damage.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Tried 10 times in a row with a level 145 4/2/0 Starlord. Lost every single time, and got her nowhere near half health. I'm giving up on this one. This is the only time I've ever used Starlord, and won't use him again....
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it on the 6th try with my 5/5/3. Eventually had to bring him up to 124, but was trying not to put iso in him. (Tried the first 3 times at 72!)
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    My Starlord (3 covers) has no chance, but now I'm wondering if he'll be ready even a year from now! This is by far the most lopsided 1v1 battle to date. It reminds me why I don't fret over 4* characters. Gamora is far more fun (and effective) than Starlord and she's not even among my favorite 3* characters. The few OP 4*s are surely just whale-bait nerfs waiting to happen.

On another note, can anyone explain the thought behind the opponent TU choice here? I wish they would replace Jean Grey's art with Dark Phoenix, because I really hate her in this game. Her TU was modest damage in this case, but just seeing that JG TU pissed me off! Its fun to hate Loki, he's a villain after all.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    2 tries @ level 172, with 5 purple covers, got it off twice. *BOOM*

and my first SS after ~20 Legendary Tokens
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Got her on 4th try with my 325, I took him from 130 to 140 after the first 2 wipes then to 150 after the 3rd. Boosted y/r ap, y/r & p/b damage, was able to fire red twice and purple once thanks to the yellow cost decrease. Not that it wasn't tough but you really have to pay attention to the board as to deny her colors - she was able to fire red once, her bull$h!t TU, and green once which I thought would be game over but she made a useless blue match while I was stunned for very little damage and the next turn my red cd tile resolved...leaving her with about 600 health...the resolved tile went into a yellow 4-way cascade and boom, lights out green lady.....did not cash in my token yet.....It seems I have horrible luck when I cash it in right after winning it
  • mmrosek
    mmrosek Posts: 40
    Ditto to what everyone else has said. But the Jean TU is really a kick in the crotch that isn't needed. I don't know if I could beat it with my 543 Star Lord, but now...it's bordering on impossible. Going to keep trying b/c I could always use another useless legendary token.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm kinda surprised they didn't go 3cap here. the one pure cd character in the game up against the cd king. of course the ai wouldn't play cap right, but denying 11red/12blue sure would be easier than 5red/12green/12black. putting the consensus weakest character that uses all cds against a low cost damage dealer who, if she tanks everything, 12 black is an automatic win for her. and on top of it give her a jean TU - that just seems ****.