Star-Lord in the next DDQ. Who's he going to face?

Options
Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So it looks like everyone's least favorite 4* is next in the DDQ. This might be the first one I have trouble with because my Star-Lord is only 3/2/1 level 131. And oh yeah, he's bad. So who will be the opponent? I'm not too familiar with their comic, but there aren't any really GotG villains in the game yet, are there? Although they haven't really cared about movie or comic accurate fights lately.

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe Grocket or Gamora, if there's any thematic element to the fight at all?

Possibly an anti-countdown character, although we just had Jean and Falcon would be a long and boring fight.
  • teknofyl
    Options
    OBW with a strike-tile team up of some sort.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Well I wouldn't call Jean Gray a comic-inspired Ant Man villain so I think they're going more for similar colour characters than they are comic/film inspiration, which is a shame in my eyes.

If we were going for the second I'd say Gamora, and have it start playing Hooked on a Feeling every time you fight. icon_e_smile.gif
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess Gamora.

Only starlord red power could slow down gamora red and green power
    But starlord can not slow down gamora black power
    Once gamora collect 12 black ap--> GG
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Expect two of yellow/red/purple on whoever it is.

Falcon would be super annoying for someone powered by countdown tiles, but again, long lasting battle, not necessarily hard.

Deadpool would hurt. Probably too mean.

I'm gonna go with Sentry. Yeah his powers do AoE, but Supernova removes red making him a pain, and you'd have to fight for yellow to deal with Sacrifice. Also, CDs everywhere!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Maybe Grocket or Gamora
    If we were going for the second I'd say Gamora
    CCW1208 wrote:
    I guess Gamora.
    Bullseye.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Star-Lord is level 209, I'm quite looking forward to this battle. From a comic accuracy perspective I think Gamora could be a good challenge - he can slow down her black and green, but the red is too fast.
    I suppose Iron Man or Captain Marvel would work out too and match colors better...
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    So it looks like everyone's least favorite 4* is next in the DDQ. This might be the first one I have trouble with because my Star-Lord is only 3/2/1 level 131. And oh yeah, he's bad. So who will be the opponent? I'm not too familiar with their comic, but there aren't any really GotG villains in the game yet, are there? Although they haven't really cared about movie or comic accurate fights lately.

Least favorite? I'm not saying StarLord is the second coming, and he does need some tweaks, most needed are to his red and yellow, but a well played SL in PvE is amazing. Try XFW/Thoress/SL or Jean Grey/SL and behold the power. In fact I'm actually building a second SL "i know what you may be thinking" but a 3/5/5 SL when paired with Iceman or Jean Grey is scary
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gamora would be an ugly fight. 5 red would be what, almost 3k damage? Green stuns for 2 turns and black turns every yellow tile into a strike tile. Yeah, only the best covered Star-Lords would even have a chance against that.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Try XFW/Thoress/SL
    I agree that Starlord gets more **** than he deserves, but aren't you way, way better off using Loki as the 3rd with those two?
  • Thanos.

Next 5* is intro'd via annihilation of star Lord in ddq.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vs PX would be interesting. PX would get a team up, so you would have to deny it, or he gets his tiles to hide and buff.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Let's hope for px or some support character.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Try XFW/Thoress/SL
    I agree that Starlord gets more tinykitty than he deserves, but aren't you way, way better off using Loki as the 3rd with those two?

Loki is great too, but StarLord's 8K more hitpoints is nice, and his purple is lethal. The key to StarLord I have found out is to just try to get Thoress and X-Force ready to go off and hopefully you have 7 yellow, once you do, you can just go through the motions and pretty much take everyone down. Lately I have been running SL with Jean Grey, oh my. 8 AP AoE is insane, in that situation I find I never use SL's yellow hence going for a 3/5/5 build, but while my Iceman isn't super useful, an 8 AP death ray with Iceman's blue via SL's yellow is scary good.

However, SL is really easy to fix if they are looking for balance. I would basically just add destruction penalties/bonuses to all of SL's CD's.
    Purple--If AI matches 2-3 Purple returned or 1K AoE to all
    Yellow--Refund AP
    Red--Either have it do 1/2 dmg on use and 1/2 dmg on resolve or just do X-Force like penalty, if resolves massive dmg, if matched 1/2 dmg.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Star-Lord has powers that reduce the cost of your powers and increase the cost of enemy powers. The Hood would be interesting since he would leech your AP which compliments those two. Not sure they would necessarily do that one, though, especially after Ant-Man vs. Jean.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm actually looking forward to a fight I don't have a remote chance of winning. Between leveling characters I otherwise wouldn't have (Invisible Woman, Ant Man), and using masses of boosts over multiple attempts with severely under-covered characters (4pool, Dino), the big surprise of 4* DDQ is that it's an iso hog!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I find I never use SL's yellow hence going for a 3/5/5 build

I believe you mean SL's purple there? (Regarding not using it, vs. Jean's purple)

Anyway, thanks for being one of the few defenders of the overly-maligned Star-Lord in this and his character thread, Phaser -- he definitely fills a unique niche and I'm interested enough now to devote a chunk of ISO into him vs a few more-obvious A-listers. (also: What build are you aiming for on your 2nd Star-Lord?)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Think a 5/0/0 level 147 will stand a chance? He can't slow down anybody but can erase a problem tile and deal 5100 damage.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Least favorite? I'm not saying StarLord is the second coming, and he does need some tweaks, most needed are to his red and yellow, but a well played SL in PvE is amazing. Try XFW/Thoress/SL or Jean Grey/SL and behold the power. In fact I'm actually building a second SL "i know what you may be thinking" but a 3/5/5 SL when paired with Iceman or Jean Grey is scary

PX and Dino. 1 Purple dancing into a board full of special tiles.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Think a 5/0/0 level 147 will stand a chance? He can't slow down anybody but can erase a problem tile and deal 5100 damage.
    Don't know about your chances but if you do win, I know which cover the Legendary Token will yield.