Star-Lord in the next DDQ. Who's he going to face?

123457»

Comments

• I've been down to just doing the DDQ for a while now.

Thanks to this, thanks to how frustrating, how annoying, how fundamentally anti-player this was, I'm quitting completely.

Congratulations. This was a jerk move.

I quit.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only four in my bracket have beat it.

My 4/0/1 got within 2 turns. Just needed to stall til the cd resolved and I'd have won, but she got me first w red. Haven't even come close since.

I just need 30 purple ap, shouldn't be too hard. icon_cool.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the top 10 fastest to complete the full ddq in my bracket were two players with a 501 and 512 Starlords.

All the ddq 4*s take a certain amount of luck and dogged determination.

I felt like this was one of the easier matches... if you have a covered starlord. Mine is 535. Got it on 2nd try after she got bad reputation off on the first attempt. Took a red and green hit on second attempt, but still made it through barely.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    "Frustrating" is the friendliest way I can describe this matchup.

My true feelings, however, would get me banned. This is awful.
  • 16th time's the charm!

Elektra red icon_rolleyes.gif
  • 2/0/2 lvl106. Boosted 50% r/y and 50% b/p AND 100% power boost. I got lucky with a board that gave me an opening match 5 red and match 5 purple. Managed to fire off 1red and 1 purple power, and denied all her attacks except for one mind over matter. Finished with just over 1k hp. Couldn't have done it without board luck and boost deliberation.
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    My Starlord is 2/2/2 lvl 127. Today's matchup against Gamora is impossible for me. I've been playing this game for nearly 2 years. I don't understand who's supposed to benefit from these 4* DDQs.

(Edit) I actually DO understand who's supposed to benefit. It's the people that spend $$$ on covers.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I actually got it on the first try, with a level 109 (highest level I could take him with the ISO I had at the time) with 5/3/4 build. I boosted +2 Red, Yellow, Blue and Purple AP and +100% rainbow match damage. I guess I was lucky since a lot of people with fully-covered Star-Lords with higher levels than me were struggling with it.

I think having either the full covers for either purple or red was pretty crucial, since he has pretty low health and goes down real quick, so you gotta get as much damage in as possible. Without good coverage in purple and red, you could be killed by her just from match damage.
  • Took me 8 tries but I finally got it with 30 minutes left. I have a 5/3/2 lvl. 160 SL. Boosted all AP, r/y, and p/b. Denied red religiously and went for purple when safe. I was a race to getting purple off twice before she got off Bad Reputation. I had 400 HP left when I won. Really tough battle, but pulled my first OML with the token so that made it worthwhile.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put my insomnia to a somewhat constructive use and loaded up the game about 15 minutes before yesterday's DDQ closed to check the leaderboard in my bracket. I fought Gamora right after the fight opened yesterday, so I was grouped with 1,000 of the earliest of birds, and 24 hours later only 37 had scores above 15,000. Yikes.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I put my insomnia to a somewhat constructive use and loaded up the game about 15 minutes before yesterday's DDQ closed to check the leaderboard in my bracket. I fought Gamora right after the fight opened yesterday, so I was grouped with 1,000 of the earliest of birds, and 24 hours later only 37 had scores above 15,000. Yikes.

I think the word we're looking for is "abysmal". icon_neutral.gif
  • kewlguirarist
    kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Beat it with my 3/3/2 SL at Lvl 168. No boosts. It was tough to say the least. Maybe 12th attempt. JG Blue out of it
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    In summary, uneccessary stress inducer. Not only the board are unfavourable but the AI luck is ridiculous to the point of being bias. Denying Green + Red leads to their turn with fortutious cascades matching the ones you denied. The real kicker when I do have enough AP, I have to wait further turns to actually do any damage without destroying your own timer. icon_starlord.png Lvl159, 5/3/2 KO'd 10x So demoralising.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I tried it exactly one time with my 1/2/1 SL. It was so laughingly awful, I just pretended there wasn't a 4* node the rest of the day.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed it on first try with my level 145 5/1/2. I was rather surprised about how actually powerful his purple is. From my 15th Legendary token, I got my first 5*, OML.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    had to go up to level 168 (maybe could of have done it at 150 or so, but the margin for error was very small, and the marginal iso cost minimal), but I finally got it done after 13 tries.

My starlord 5/0/2, so the match was a tricky one. I had to collect 20 purple ap minimum to have a shot at winning (that would be about 11k damage) and then hope that one or two reds and match damage would do the rest. And of course I had to prevent her from getting 12 black, or 12 green (both of which are basically game over buttons). I could take one red, but two was also basically game over.

Took a very long time to get the right board. And twice I placed my purple countdown, only to see the next move launch a stunning, improbable cascade that wiped out my bomb and gave her 6 red or 12 black to end the match. ugh. a frustrating fight that really reinforced two facts for me: starlord is weak, and gamora is slow but powerful when she tanks enough tiles.