Lightning Round Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Yeah, I do try to avoid forum goers if I can, but the limited matchups dont help. Your lineup is one of the better ones, there's much softer options to go for as well!

I was attacked once in the last event, they ended up yielding 5 points to me lol. The ones before that, I was victim of multiple attackers, but got the better of them. Usually Classic Storm combos, so I can only surmise that the Tempest exploit is in play there. Either that, or they are genius players icon_twisted.gif
  • Hutty wrote:
    anyone find that a player by Hutty will always attack you at last 10 mins for like 2-3 times.

Sorry, I'm just attacking whatever that comes up in the last 5-10 mins as I'm scrambling for points. For some reason it's usually the same 6-10 people as I'm skipping for optimal matches. I noticed a couple people attack me multiple times as well. icon_cry.gif not much you can do with the way it pairs you up with others.

icon_e_sad.gif do i seem like easy target
  • anyone know how long will this event last ? dam tired. lol
  • I won or went 2nd in the last Lightning Tourney I believe icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I was attacked once in the last event, they ended up yielding 5 points to me lol. The ones before that, I was victim of multiple attackers, but got the better of them. Usually Classic Storm combos, so I can only surmise that the Tempest exploit is in play there. Either that, or they are genius players icon_twisted.gif

Tbh attacking you or ZzzWolf is good thing to do when you are in similar points range when around 400+. I lost only like 10 points on your retaliation and was getting 30-20+ on each win. Still sadly my team of L70 storm and L50 Raganarok didn't look so intimidating like yours so I got dropped to Top 8 x2 in the final moments.

Tempest was not really important but Ragnarok can help fill Wind Storm very quickly.
  • Fair dues. I noticed that with someone else who was attacking me they were nicking 10 and I was taking 25. Charity always welcome lol.

Well done on the win/2nd
  • pulled a ragnarok green and a spiderman blue on my two heroic tokens in the 26-50 bracket, the only bracket i can compete in (unlike mr 115 ragnarok and spiderman)...WHO ATTACKED POOR LITTLE ME AND MY LEVEL 50's
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I need some of the luck you guys are getting. My Mageneto Marvel Now is getting more impressive, but my PvP team is not. icon_mad.gif
  • forgrim wrote:
    pulled a ragnarok green and a spiderman blue on my two heroic tokens in the 26-50 bracket, the only bracket i can compete in (unlike mr 115 ragnarok and spiderman)...WHO ATTACKED POOR LITTLE ME AND MY LEVEL 50's

Wow. You seem to have taken that badly. Sorry.
  • dude, i'm just messing around haha. i actively root for you and zzzwolph to take brackets when you guys are up there, forum unity and all that jazz.
  • Sheesh, i keep ending up in the same bracket as TheLadder... Stop EEEET! hahaha
  • Zenaku wrote:
    Sheesh, i keep ending up in the same bracket as TheLadder... Stop EEEET! hahaha

I thought it wasn't bracketed; hence the "You made it in the top 1,000,000! Congrats!" messages I keep getting. icon_razz.gif
  • it isn't bracketed...my theory was these tournaments would end with the new red iso missions came out but clearly i'm wrong
  • I haven't bothered with the last couple, save for getting to 100 for the progression rewards. Need a break, been on this solid for 3 days now lol.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I haven't bothered with the last couple, save for getting to 100 for the progression rewards. Need a break, been on this solid for 3 days now lol.
    Yeah that's all I've been doing is getting to 100 points for the two Iso and one 1 star reward, too. Maybe once the tournaments calm down I'll make a push for the top 1 or 2 tiers but not yet.
  • will the event ever end ?
  • will the event ever end ?

Hope not but I'd imagine (hope) that it won't always be Dr. Doom & The Hood as top rewards.
  • It's hard to be critical of events which have more than likely boosted everyone's card collection and iso stacks considerably, but I reckon it would be better for these to run 2 or 3 times a day. One to suit each timezone. Maybe that will happen, once the initial rollout is out of the way.

Serious burnout is going to affect some players. I'm starting to tire mentally from the constant playing this game.
  • i'm with theladder. i think mine (and his and other's personalities) are highly competitive so we competed like crazy the first couple and it led to some mental burn out. i just get the 100 or 250 prize and call it quits now, mericfully
  • The Ladder wrote:
    It's hard to be critical of events which have more than likely boosted everyone's card collection and iso stacks considerably, but I reckon it would be better for these to run 2 or 3 times a day. One to suit each timezone. Maybe that will happen, once the initial rollout is out of the way.

Serious burnout is going to affect some players. I'm starting to tire mentally from the constant playing this game.

I think that's the point of the lightning rounds: both the frequency and the low-ish level rewards are designed so that the uber players lose interest after awhile (and go back to the more rewarding and less frequent tournaments), leaving room for the mid level players to win some and stay engaged in the game. Basically, these tournaments are for me, not you. icon_e_wink.gif