Lightning Round Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• and it continues...how much longer can it go!
  • so i assume this tournament is gonna go on all the way to the next day considering there's another one in 30 minutes. the hoods and dr doom's will be everywhere
  • I decided to chill on the last tournament and beat up on some guy who kept hitting me the the tournament before. I hit him about 5-6 times and his points never went down. Some times his points even went up. He was in the top 1/2 spot every time i checked the rankings. Each time I beat him I got 40+ points because I was chillin at the bottom of the ranks. What gives? Am I the only one who loses points when I get attacked or what?
  • that's strange, when i lose to someone with 0 points at around 250, i drop like 15-20 points
  • forgrim wrote:
    that's strange, when i lose to someone with 0 points at around 250, i drop like 15-20 points

I had less than 100 points when I started attacking him, while he had 400+. I got up to 200+ points from solely beating him icon_twisted.gif and somehow he got to 450+.
  • note to self: don't piss off zzzwolph.

participating in every tournament has led me to the dreaded i feel burned out feeling. i haven't felt this way since i started playing religiously since the game came out.

i don't particularly like these series of tournament ssimply because the top 50 will always be generally filled by the same 100 ppl out of thousands.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i don't particularly like these series of tournament ssimply because the top 50 will always be generally filled by the same 100 ppl out of thousands.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't even place in the top 100 unless I play for the whole 90 minutes straight, even then it depends on how many people want to repeatedly attack me icon_cry.gif

The strong are only getting stronger icon_lol.gif and all I wanted was that darned yellow The Hood cover

Edit:
    forgrim wrote:
    note to self: don't piss off zzzwolph.

I was just particularly annoyed at this one person because I held top 2 for the whole tournament and they kept attacking me. Just as the tournament was about to end, I got hit by two other people as well and dropped to under the top 10
  • why you gotta attack me ladder icon_e_sad.gif
  • Damn 2 attacks in last sec booted me out top 50...
  • this tournment is boring.... and i cant find any weaker ppl to kill lol! All the same level as me 15 85 85
  • anyone find that a player by Hutty will always attack you at last 10 mins for like 2-3 times.
  • anyone find that a player by Hutty will always attack you at last 10 mins for like 2-3 times.

Sorry, I'm just attacking whatever that comes up in the last 5-10 mins as I'm scrambling for points. For some reason it's usually the same 6-10 people as I'm skipping for optimal matches. I noticed a couple people attack me multiple times as well. icon_cry.gif not much you can do with the way it pairs you up with others.
  • Damn Hutty you dropped me from top 8 in the previous Doom tournament icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • yea sorry, i was so close to top 10 as well and on the last min got dropped to top 25 icon_e_sad.gif
  • That's the problem with the matchups. It keeps giving you the same 5-8 people and you're forced to attack them even if they give **** points.

The matchup system needs to be more varied in selections.
  • Ugh why does this tourney have to happen on a day I'm extremely busy!
  • Won 4 of these now. Think I need to take a break and let someone else have some of the spoils. icon_eek.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Won 4 of these now. Think I need to take a break and let someone else have some of the spoils. icon_eek.gif

I hate you. The last twenty or so minutes I always get a slew of people attacking me icon_evil.gif and when I attack back I get **** points

My Dr. Doom is almost maxed but I can never seem to get the darn yellow The Hood cover
  • icon_e_sad.gif damn, saw it was close between you and someone else for 2nd just now. You'll get there, I'll steer clear of the main race on the next few, just rack up some easy iso I think. Need to continue grinding to 3000 on the red iso missions.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    :( damn, saw it was close between you and someone else for 2nd just now. You'll get there, I'll steer clear of the main race on the next few, just rack up some easy iso I think. Need to continue grinding to 3000 on the red iso missions.

Thanks, I'm out for now though. I appreciate you not attacking me all the time icon_e_biggrin.gif I think you only attacked me 1-2 times in those tournaments so far. I tend to skip names I recognize from the forums, but sometimes I have no choice due to the limited selection in matchmaking. I got top two twice only, and both were for Dr. Doom. I think you got first place both times I was up there. Do people attack you or are they too scared? icon_lol.gif