Lightning Round Tournament Discussion

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
Providing a place for discussion about our newest tourney type, the Lightning Round Tournaments!

From the Patch Notes:
New Tournament Type - Lightning Rounds
    These Tournaments are very quick time limited rounds of 90 minutes. Each Tournament has a particular Hero or Villain featured. These Tournaments will be somewhat randomly available, so you never know exactly when one may pop up! S.H.I.E.L.D. administrators tend to send out Notifications when these Tournaments become available, so Agents are advised to make use of their Notification functions on their devices. These Tournaments are unbracketed, so pit your skills against all other Agents and their teams!

Comments

• no one's posting cuz everyone's busy beating on each other lol.

i must say, having it during the middle of the work day is really cumbersome!
  • Heh, I tried my best in all other tournaments, but this one I pass. I will be only going for 100pts and that's all. By the time I got 100 in this one, top players had well over 200, so I highly doubt to get in top 100 icon_e_confused.gif
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Shikao wrote:
    Heh, I tried my best in all other tournaments, but this one I pass. I will be only going for 100pts and that's all. By the time I got 100 in this one, top players had well over 200, so I highly doubt to get in top 100 icon_e_confused.gif

The people I'm getting matched against in this are absurd lol. I agree with you I'm pretty much sitting this one out.
  • I'd rather place 26-50 and get two 2* tokens than get a Hood =/
  • just got attacked, dropped me to 50-100, so i miss out on the two tokens and less than one minute haha
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone gotten the reward? I should have placed 26-50 but nothings popped up yet.
    EDIT: I did get it, guess it's delayed a minute or two.
  • yeah, just got a captain america
  • Yes, just got a couple copies of The Hood.

I found it frustrating trying to find a worthwhile matchup. So many that were just worth 4-5 points.
  • Agreed with others that the matching is really rough. Wish it was in fairly small brackets or prize pool was much larger.
  • by far the 'hardest' tourney simply bc ppl with good teams starting the tournament late would blast you and knock you from 350 to 310 in one hit, which since the pool is everyone, is good for a 50 rank drop
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    ccseifert wrote:
    Yes, just got a couple copies of The Hood.

I found it frustrating trying to find a worthwhile matchup. So many that were just worth 4-5 points.

There were so many 85 Thor's, 85, Storms', 100+ Ragnarok's lol
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    yeah, it was just out of control with thor's and storms almost every match. i also assume because of that rapid fire deathmatch tournament, we won't have updates on the episode....prove me wrooooooong
  • ccseifert wrote:
    Yes, just got a couple copies of The Hood.

Same. Noticed you were up there, I managed top 8. Not bad considering I missed the first 30 mins and was halfway through making my dinner. Some serious multi-tasking going on!
  • what covers do you run to be at that high ranking out of curiosity? i only have a high level storm and thor for that event since hood took up a spot
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Just so everyone knows, that was only the first one. There are more coming. We pretty well expected the first to be blasted by everyone, their mothers, dogs, cats, and chameleons. As they get to be more common we're expecting players to play when it advantages them, not every single Lightning Tournament that ever pops up.
  • wth, ten minutes later i get a pop up notification.

YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED IN THE LIGHTNING ROUND.
  • Classic Spider-Man and Ragnarok, both Lv100+. Didn't get attacked once icon_eek.gif

Default Hood, he was just tagging along for the ride lol.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Just so everyone knows, that was only the first one. There are more coming. We pretty well expected the first to be blasted by everyone, their mothers, dogs, cats, and chameleons. As they get to be more common we're expecting players to play when it advantages them, not every single Lightning Tournament that ever pops up.

there are more coming today? or just sparsed throughout the months and weeks?
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Classic Spider-Man and Ragnarok, both Lv100+. Didn't get attacked once icon_eek.gif

Default Hood, he was just tagging along for the ride lol.

i can tell why you weren't attacked. not worth the time.
  • Getting 10-15 points a match. Get pounded for 30 twice....barely made top 100...got a cap..