Lightning Round Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• I was at 97th going into the last battle. I must have missed finishing on time by seconds. It's not even about the Capt. America. It's about the WIN!
  • forgrim wrote:
    zzzwolph and theladder with a comfortable lead over third place with 5 minutes to go. COLOR COMMENTARY TIME

Lol, didn't feel comfortable bashing out the wins left, right and centre. Didn't even look at the leaderboard, got the well done on a top 2 finish notification icon_e_biggrin.gif

Doom one of only 2 characters I didn't have, so very nice indeed. Talk about some serious iso boosting as well, racked up a fair few thousand there.
  • this event literally is just about gaining lp to max out a couple characters to actually have a chance in future lightning tournaments
  • Ended up just out of the top 8, lost 20 pts in the last second... really wanted that blue doom. icon_cry.gif

Guess everyone will be constantly checking for the next lightning event, lol.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    this event literally is just about gaining lp to max out a couple characters to actually have a chance in future lightning tournaments
    If what you want is the 3 Star characters, true. It's also a very good way for people that don't have that power to start being able to do so with a few pretty easy wins every couple hours and the attendant Cover Pack tokens.
  • IceIX wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    this event literally is just about gaining lp to max out a couple characters to actually have a chance in future lightning tournaments
    If what you want is the 3 Star characters, true. It's also a very good way for people that don't have that power to start being able to do so with a few pretty easy wins every couple hours and the attendant Cover Pack tokens.

exactly, for someone who doesn't have really strong characters such as myself, its about grinding low level opponents and gaining the prizes to around 250 lp. 2 tokens and a bunch of iso as rewards, as well as iso for defeating opponents.
  • this is brutal. competition seems stronger than usual. can't muster even top 100 finish, but came close.
    forgrim wrote:
    exactly, for someone who doesn't have really strong characters such as myself, its about grinding low level opponents and gaining the prizes to around 250 lp. 2 tokens and a bunch of iso as rewards, as well as iso for defeating opponents.
    yeah, i'll think i'll just do this as well.
  • its cuz the competition is also the entire player base, on top of only the top 100 getting a prize. just intense competition to get to the top 100
  • Next lightning tournament opened up, the hood is up for grabs again
  • The only change I think should be made would be giving lightning tokens to use on the lightning packs instead of standard tokens.
  • Is there something off with the search algorithm for opponents in the lightning tournament?
    I can never find anyone even remotely near my level they are all so powerful.
    I can win maybe one or two battles and then I get attacked about 15 times and all my points are gone again
  • Is there something off with the search algorithm for opponents in the lightning tournament?
    I've noticed that too, the offered opponents are much higher levelled than the ones in the other tournaments.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Is there something off with the search algorithm for opponents in the lightning tournament?
    I've noticed that too, the offered opponents are much higher levelled than the ones in the other tournaments.
    i think perhaps its just the small window of time causes top end players to be extremely active.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Is there something off with the search algorithm for opponents in the lightning tournament?
    i think perhaps its just the small window of time causes top end players to be extremely active.

That's probably it, makes sense.
    I guess the bright side is I at least get the 250 iso reward, but slow levelling doing it that way
  • Yeah, I'm no where near being able to compete for the top 100 to get a prize. So I'm looking at these as a way to get the 2* recruit tokens as the level 250 progression reward. Now I just need to get 250 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Well, that was brutal. I appear to be caught up in a retaliation war with some guy, across multiple games. He's the first guy to hit me and if I leave him alone, he hits me again... So I keep hitting him back. This is fine and all, as he usually has a higher rating than me when I hit him, but it's one extra guy gunning of me in the last few minutes... and losing an extra 25 points or so in overtime hurts.

Even so, I lucked out, got knocked down into top 50, but one of my heroic token pulls was 4* Wolverine! Although I'm a big fan of 2*star Wolvie so might be a while before I switch over.

It's late here so if the next one is Doom I might just stay long enough for the standard tokens and then bail. G'night all, it's been fun playing against you.
  • dunno how zzzwolph keeps himself motivated for these, i competed in all four, got the 250 lp prize and just to maintain and fight it out for high ranks, i'd rather eat and do miscellaneous things now...totally burned out on these lightning rounds
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    dunno how zzzwolph keeps himself motivated for these, i competed in all four, got the 250 lp prize and just to maintain and fight it out for high ranks, i'd rather eat and do miscellaneous things now...totally burned out on these lightning rounds

i just wanted The Hood, couldn't even make top 100 in that round because of three different people who kept attacking me. Dr. Doom I could care less for atm, just doing the lightning rounds instead of grinding red iso, so it's a good change of pace for me. I missed the first lightning round, got in at 4 mins left so I'm making up for it icon_e_smile.gif

and by the way, I only finished top 2 once, top 8 once, every other time I only got the 250 Iso reward (100+)
  • This game is getting too fast-paced for me lol. I hate missing out on stuff :/ How about a "how many points you can gain in an hour" tournament without having to constantly fend off attackers?

I missed the first 3, got in on the last at 30 minutes left. Got to 220 points.

Btw, are these tournaments bracketed? I'm thinking not. Didn't have time to look through the list of players so I'm not too sure.
  • No its not bracketed as the reward rank goes up to 100,000.