Lightning Round Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Top 8 - not bad. I have noticed that my timer in tablet was 3 minutes late.
    Next one - Doctor doom

IceIX - How many of them you plan start today?
  • Got to 1st place somehow and won the Hood! This was the best tourney ever! Almost got knocked out after losing 40 points in one match... I've always wanted the Hood. That was fun. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wow, that was intense, first time I've ever seen the end of a tournament as the normal ones end well past my bedtime. I managed to place top 2 for the big prize but it went right to the wire, I think I was 8th going into the last match.

A big thank you to the devs and admins for giving people in other time zones something to play for.

Going to get my caffeine fix before the next tournament, could be a late night tonight if there's another one afterwards!
  • Well done guys icon_e_smile.gif
  • Damn you. Got me to activate push notifications......
  • gonna be really hard to compete for top ten with such crazy **** teams up there haha
  • AND GAME ON
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    New Lightning Rounds start every two hours while we have them running. So 90 minutes on, 30 minutes off.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    IceIX, are these going to become a regular thing or limited time only? I'm sadly missing out on these because of my work hours so I hope theres a chance later on.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    They'll be somewhat random as to when we'll push them out, but they'll be regular "events" for what they are.
  • Great job xD
  • these forums literally die during the lightning event haha.

i achieved my goal of 250 lp and got my reward and since my team isn't strong enough to compete for 1-50 (and i don't need captain america's at 50-110), i'll sit this one out. every lightning event will be the same til i get a team strong enough not to get picked on (i can make 1-50 but i drop so much after ppl attack me)
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I peaked at it briefly earlier. I'd really love to get a Doctor Doom cover to spruce up the one I already have, but alas icon_e_sad.gif I'll just troll these forums alone.
  • zzzwolph and theladder with a comfortable lead over third place with 5 minutes to go. COLOR COMMENTARY TIME
  • finite closes the gap to 15 with 2 more minutes to go!
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I can tell you one thing...don't buy any of those overpriced Lightning packs. 500 tokens each, really? That said, stupid me decided to buy some because of supposed 50% chance at Dr. Doom...one of the few characters I don't have. Bought five packs (2500 tokens, yes, I'm stupid) and got five 2* cards. VERRRRRY upset about that and will not be buying any more tokens as a result.

Odds of not getting a Dr. Doom in five packs? I think 3.125% Either I have VERY bad luck or the drop rate is not 50% as advertised.
  • just got a notification that the hood tournament is about to start in 30 minutes. again?
  • With about 4 minutes left to go I got attacked by three different people, but still managed to squeeze two more wins in

This one guy attacked me like 4 times in a row early on in the tournament.. so I spent most of the tournament seeking him out and stealing his points icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Aaaaand... Waiting for the scores to come in!

Edit, ouch. Top 25, which is about the worst of the top spots (one cover, no heroics). Was still really fun though.
  • Was 31 before last fight. Ended top 50. Bag man and magneto now. Man this is brutal !