4* DDQ, a debate

1234568»

Comments

• Dauthi wrote:
    Since luck is a factor with legendaries, this isn't necessarily true. Thanks to the bottleneck unlucky players could easily get stuck there while 3* players easily catch up thanks to the accelerated progress. 4* DDQs is a solution to this "bottleneck". With 3* rosters it wouldn't help with a bottleneck, but allow a fast progression.

In short, the better your 4* roster the worse legendary tokens are for you. So D3 created a reverse situation where the better your 4* roster, the more 4* tokens you can gain hopefully evening it out.
    Again, this argument is not one I can get behind. Yes, luck is a factor. That does not change the argument. As any player progresses into the 4* transition, the odds will get worse for them to get a 4* they need. In the meantime, your developed 4* roster will likely have improved. Given that the PVP legendaries are already a target for the elite, rather than the early transitioner, you will already be getting more opportunities, anyway.
    I would love to see a DDQ node that offered a specific 4* cover, like the 3*. If that were offered to help transitioner and elite alike, the current 4* node could remain for the elite and people would be more open to it. As it stands, the early transition is rough. It's better than it was, but could absolutely be improved.
    I think you and I are probably never going to completely agree on this, though.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dauthi wrote:
    Do you believe 3* transitioners can easily get 1 cover per pvp (occasionally 2)? That's guaranteed progress every pvp. You don't get that at higher rosters.
    I haven't cracked T100 in any in-season PVP event since I left the newbie brackets. T25 for 2 covers? Don't make me laugh. I'd be beaten to pieces like a cheap pinata.

I think you are seriously underestimating just how dominant the 166-270 crowd is in PVP these days. If you're a 3* transitioner, T100 is a reach, and T25 all but impossible. Even if you've got the boosted 166 teams, you're still just a big fat juicy target to the 270s.

And to reiterate something I said earlier, "guaranteed progress every PVP" - but it's still very slow progress. Any one of the 40 3* characters will only appear in PVP on average, what, every 1.5 - 2 months if that? Do the math. That's still a long, long time to 13 covers. Then you need the ISO to max them.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    by Punisher5784 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:32 pm
    My only big complaint with 4* DDQ is that it's only for one day. It really should be open for the entire 5-days DDQ cycle.

This, please. I see no ingame backdraw on it, and would grant us playing quality.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    IMO, DPD 4* is not for 3->4 transitioners; probably most of the fuss on this comes from the fact that we were told that it would.

DPD4* is there to reinforce 4* rosters, the same way the daily covers reforces 3* rosters: for daily, you need required char plus two more chars to fight along, for weekly you have a requirement too.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    Do you believe 3* transitioners can easily get 1 cover per pvp (occasionally 2)? That's guaranteed progress every pvp. You don't get that at higher rosters.
    I haven't cracked T100 in any in-season PVP event since I left the newbie brackets. T25 for 2 covers? Don't make me laugh. I'd be beaten to pieces like a cheap pinata.

I think you are seriously underestimating just how dominant the 166-270 crowd is in PVP these days. If you're a 3* transitioner, T100 is a reach, and T25 all but impossible. Even if you've got the boosted 166 teams, you're still just a big fat juicy target to the 270s.

And to reiterate something I said earlier, "guaranteed progress every PVP" - but it's still very slow progress. Any one of the 40 3* characters will only appear in PVP on average, what, every 1.5 - 2 months if that? Do the math. That's still a long, long time to 13 covers. Then you need the ISO to max them.
    Are you in a T100 alliance? I'm sure you aren't doing well enough for a T100 season finish, but you might be able to find your way into a T100 alliance to grab an extra cover each event.

If not, I used to just wait and join PvP events in the last couple hours. Every once in a while I would get a relatively fresh bracket and grind out a T100 finish with 600 points or so.

Also, focus on hitting that 800 progression early rather than trying to finish there.