Merged Galactus Bugs Thread

12346»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Esheris wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Esheris wrote:
    I'm not getting double iso, I wasn't here for last years anniversery but isn't that supposed to be happening?
    well, I've played galactus 5 times and ever since the first time, its been 40 iso, so yeah, that's double...

Ah maybe it just doesn't work for prologue. >.<
    yes - they posted the double iso would not apply to the prologue. nice try though. worth a shot.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have just cleared round 3, but my nodes are still locked.!!! They should reset dont they?

This is a disaster icon_e_sad.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    We have just cleared round 3, but my nodes are still locked.!!! They should reset dont they?

how people are talking nodes are locked for 8 hours reset at noon 8 and 4am est
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Polares wrote:

But in Ultron event, when you cleared a round, the nodes reseted.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if I remember right, many cleared rd 4 and into rd 5 during first 8 hrs. can only do that if the entire alliance can play rd 4 and not lock the ones out that played through their nodes in rds 1 and 2. later in ultron one key was to finish a round before time reset so you could get some of the next round in before reset happened. that along with the difficulty that it looks like galactus will be in later rounds, pretty sure nobody is getting 3 covers and very few will get 2, maybe none. only the top alliances will get any cover at all, and personal progression looks out of reach too. just blegh.
  • I'm a little disappointed that we don't have any Dev replies to any of these posts yet. 4 hours into the event, and 6 pages in this thread.

Particularly the lack of node resets with the round clear. It'd be very helpful to know whether this is a bug that they're working very hard to repair, or if they actually intended to enact such a ludicrous decision that actually punishes the early players...on top of compromising the whole alliance's chances at rewards.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    At this point I wonder if D3 even bothers to do a stress test of their servers before special events.
    I'm sure they do. And they probably know that they're going to fail for these types of events. But it probably doesn't make sense to double or triple the server capacity for what amounts for a few hours of downtime per year. Servers ain't free.

Virtual servers. No hardware required. Boost your capacity for special events, then release them when the event is over. Much cheaper. But, dp3 probably doesn't even care. It's clear they don't, given yet another failed special event.
  • HossDrone
    HossDrone Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    This event is the worst gaming experience I have ever had without question.

- couldn't get in for first 2 rounds. Lagging behind in rewards

- nodes not resetting properly. More lost opportunity.

- alliance gets to rd 3 and now big g is nigh unbeatable for the majority of players most of the time unless you get lucky. So no more puzzle.....Just marvels luck quest.

Every dev should be fired for how bad this is......So much for it being a celebration and "thank you" to the many customers who have paid money.

Thank you devs for giving us this opportunity to try out your new game: "Marvels repeated **** punch quest"
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Polares wrote:

But in Ultron event, when you cleared a round, the nodes reseted.

i know and if they keep it this way many will just skip red hulk not worth the hassle