Merged Galactus Bugs Thread

Comments

• emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    vudu3 wrote:
    Ram51 wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    At some point it just becomes pathetic that the SAME issue occurs during every special event. Wow.

At this point I wonder if D3 even bothers to do a stress test of their servers before special events.
    I'm sure they do. And they probably know that they're going to fail for these types of events. But it probably doesn't make sense to double or triple the server capacity for what amounts for a few hours of downtime per year. Servers ain't free.

The company I work for had similar server issues and eventually decided that was unacceptable, so found a cloud server based solution. At that point, you can configure more or less servers to spin up or down based on load. That sounds like the solution needed here.
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I was 2000 points from the PVE'S legendary token. If this crash prevents me from earning those points, I'm going to be so pissed off.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Only took me 54 minutes to join....and my alliance was on to round 3 without me being able to do anything. Awesomeness!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    What went awry is presumably D3's insistence on not scaling up the server allocation for MPQ when one of these events goes live.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    They probably stopped people joining while the servers all to ****.

The annoying thing is I am loosing progress in iso8 too. Want those human torch covers, hope I'm still in 5th when I can get back on.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Got through it smoothly, but the Galactus node didn't refresh after killing the Daken node, so I'm about one node behind my alliance-mates.

I'm far more pissed off than I should be about a few thousand points.
  • weave45
    weave45 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Same problems here, why couldn't the tier the start times like other events? Legendary tokens for all.
    PS, third attempt at posting on the forms!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Kicked off for the last 30 or so minutes.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    I think I made it about 2 minutes. Managed to beat Galactus once before the servers went kablooey. Sigh.
  • I guess the 15k they made off a certain someone for the maxed SS didn't go towards hardware then -_-
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    ...and not only the game server ones but also the forum servers.

When an unnamed red voice (I'm being careful not to call out individuals here) said they were confident the servers would stand up to the load I assumed they'd stocked up on rodents. Perhaps it meant they'd made a sacrifice to RNGesus and were keeping their fingers crossed.
  • Wooodd
    weave45 wrote:
    Same problems here, why couldn't the tier the start times like other events? Legendary tokens for all.
    PS, third attempt at posting on the forms!
    Hope not. A leg tokens no good to us newer 2-3* transitioners.
  • Wooodd
    AXP_isme wrote:
    ...and not only the game server ones but also the forum servers.

When an unnamed red voice (I'm being careful not to call out individuals here) said they were confident the servers would stand up to the load I assumed they'd stocked up on rodents. Perhaps it meant they'd made a sacrifice to RNGesus and were keeping their fingers crossed.
    I think that the red names are all in giant hamster wheels trying to get us going again. Would explain their silence.
  • Bought a stark, only got 20,000
    Pulled a 10 pack got Dino
    Did 2 Galactus rounds and server crashed

Happy Anniversary MPQ
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So why is it when Galactus "places a 3-turn CD tile at the start of his turn", it enters the board as a 3 and immediately goes to 2, but when Scarlet Witch "places a 3-turn CD tile at the start of her turn", it enters the board as a 4 and immediately goes to 3? We've been arguing for a while that her description didn't match what her ability is doing, and Galactus' CD tile behavior confirms that it has nothing to do with not wanting to confuse people.

Can we please get some consistency here??
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    The sub nodes are not unlocking with each clear of Galactus as they did with Ultron.

Once you do all 5, there is nothing you can do until the "New Mission" timer completes.

I don't know if this is intended or not, but your Alliance mates can only progress so far before everyone's progress is locked/halted.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    I can't even get the game to load, haven't been able to for almost an hour. This is amazing even by Ultron standards.
  • orionpeace wrote:
    The sub nodes are not unlocking with each clear of Galactus as they did with Ultron.

Once you do all 5, there is nothing you can do until the "New Mission" timer completes.

I don't know if this is intended or not, but your Alliance mates can only progress so far before everyone's progress is locked/halted.

Yes, this is a problem. It also means, at least for the low rounds that the rest of your alliance can clear through rounds that you can't even play in. Which means you miss a shot at the tokens from the primary node for that round!

Also, why are there no event tokens this time in the sub-nodes? There's not much out there playing for it seems apart from the progression points.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    For refernece, I was able to get into the event and fight until about 12:20 eastern, but in that time my alliance dropped Galactus' HP to 0 and some people reported moving on to round 2 while I saw his life refill while remaining in round 1, and I didn't get an alliance prize. I was able to fight him and deplete his life again after this, and the node rewards did not reset. Eventually I closed and restarted the game to try and force it to match up with what my alliance-mates were seeing, and got a "check internet connection" error that has continued for the last 70 minutes.

Bang-up job, server squirrels.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Esheris wrote:
    I was going for top 2 placement in Iso Brotherhood, I worked verrrrrrry hard all week to earn a Jean cover and will probably cry if the anniversery event causes me to not get it.

Stuck on "Check Internet Connection"..really hope this gets fixed soon!
    OMG this is something I didn't realize... I am sitting at about 7,000 points from the PVE legendary token, which I was thinking I will probably get done tonight before the event ends.... I didn't think of the anniversary issues spilling over and possibly preventing me from finishing this. what a waste of a whole week of playing if that happens....