Merged Galactus Bugs Thread

Comments

• Mazza
    Mazza Posts: 41
    I still can't get in.
  • Coik
    Coik Posts: 19
    DFiPL wrote:
    Did my one node and one Galactus fight on round 2 and now I'm locked out for six hours because the nodes didn't refresh. Whee.

I had this same issue. I got kicked out in Round 1, my alliance got us to Round 3 before I was able to get back, but my nodes didn't refresh like they should have.
  • Really I can only see things getting better...because just a couple of hours the work and school day will be ending in the eastern US most assuredly resulting in an even larger influx of users trying to log on...
  • I made an account to just reply to this issue....
    I was in round 1 and got at least 2 battles in before everything crashed. When the game finally came back online, I was able to complete round 1 and finish all nodes. The token was given out to the alliance, and then round 2 started. Alliance mates were already starting to beat him down, and I have the cooldown timer to still wait 6h49min for Galactus and "new missions in " 5hr36min.

And I just got a token for the alliance beating round 2. I am still locked out! What am I supposed to do? I won't be able to get the points now!!!
  • Am I the only one who did NOT expect this to happen? icon_e_sad.gif
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    You Probably are
  • Tarouza wrote:
    You Probably are

Damn... lol
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    I still don't understand how exactly this event is supposed to work even! I beat galactus, clear a node, beat galactus, clear a node, etc.
    Now all my nodes are locked, I never fought Galactus in round 3 (only 1 & 2), and my score is 10,000 points behind someone else in my alliance. Can anyone explain to me what exactly SHOULD be happening?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    Deimos12 wrote:
    I still don't understand how exactly this event is supposed to work even! I beat galactus, clear a node, beat galactus, clear a node, etc.
    Now all my nodes are locked, I never fought Galactus in round 3 (only 1 & 2), and my score is 10,000 points behind someone else in my alliance. Can anyone explain to me what exactly SHOULD be happening?

We have no idea what SHOULD be happening.

I can tell you that in previous similar events that the Missions reset after each "kill" of the main boss (e.g. when his total health pool went below zero).

That is not happening in this event. The Missions appear to only unlock after the New Mission timer reaches zero.

Is that intended? We have no clue.

The boat that we are in is the same boat.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    thatguy wrote:
    I made an account to just reply to this issue....
    I was in round 1 and got at least 2 battles in before everything crashed. When the game finally came back online, I was able to complete round 1 and finish all nodes. The token was given out to the alliance, and then round 2 started. Alliance mates were already starting to beat him down, and I have the cooldown timer to still wait 6h49min for Galactus and "new missions in " 5hr36min.

And I just got a token for the alliance beating round 2. I am still locked out! What am I supposed to do? I won't be able to get the points now!!!

I've got the same issue, was working on round 1 when, when everything went full on dumpster fire, and when I was able to get back in, round 1 was over, I only had one sub-node left that I could play, and now I'm locked out. I figured there would be a reset between rounds, as that is sort of what having rounds implies.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Am I the only one who did NOT expect this to happen? icon_e_sad.gif
    IF you mean the server crashing/connection issues...then most definitely you are.

However I was not expecting any of the following:
    - Being permanently locked out of nodes after round changes
    - Repeatedly getting a message about being logged out of facebook every couple minutes in the middle of a battle
    - Galactus main node seemingly not re-locking but awarding no points , not reducing his health, and upon completion instead just crashing the app (but damage to your characters sticks at least...).
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Fair enough, thanks Orion. I'm just not sure if somethings bugged and I should be upset or if I've just reached a point where I can't do anything until timers reset icon_rolleyes.gif
    Guess I'll just screenshot things in case I need to make a support ticket later...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Underwhelmed" isn't strong enough language for how I'm feeling right now.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    55651452.jpg
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    This new snafu just showed me again how much d3 has no respect for their customers.. Period..

funny thing is i wonder how many people are going to get sandbox. they pay 99.99 to get a major deal, system goes down and they go i show them i do a chargeback. I expect them to see many with this.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    "Underwhelmed" isn't strong enough language for how I'm feeling right now.

Anybody remember last Oct. 3, when they'd been hyping up the anniversary for a while but forgot to specify that it was an anniversary week, scheduled for the next offseason, instead of a day-of bonanza, and people were mystified and annoyed when Oct. 3 had nothing special about it?

Yeah, this is more disappointing.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I'm not getting double iso, I wasn't here for last years anniversery but isn't that supposed to be happening?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I was fortunate enough to play through two rounds of Galactus. then Round 3 shows up and everything is locked.

in the meantime, I have kept an eye on his health, and it appears to be going down. this can only mean that round 3 is not locked for everyone in my alliance. what kind of sense does that make?

this is one feather plucking disaster.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Esheris wrote:
    I'm not getting double iso, I wasn't here for last years anniversery but isn't that supposed to be happening?
    well, I've played galactus 5 times and ever since the first time, its been 40 iso, so yeah, that's double...
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    Esheris wrote:
    well, I've played galactus 5 times and ever since the first time, its been 40 iso, so yeah, that's double...

Ah maybe it just doesn't work for prologue. >.<