Anniversary tokens have GREATLY REDUCED 4* odds - not cool!

12346»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly wrote:
    Wait, there are tokens in this game that give covers that are over 2*? Wow, it's been so long I forgot that was possible

With the exception of Legendary tokens I completely agree with this, I very rarely get 3* covers from any tokens whatsoever. I have to rely on trying to place to get one.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:
    Wait, there are tokens in this game that give covers that are over 2*? Wow, it's been so long I forgot that was possible

With the exception of Legendary tokens I completely agree with this, I very rarely get 3* covers from any tokens whatsoever. I have to rely on trying to place to get one.

Which sucks for casual players. it's very rare for me to be able to place to get them. My rosters sucks way to much to defend itself to place high in PVP since I don't have the time to grind it like it's a job. It's impossible to get any placement wise in pve due to not wanting to turn a game into a job.

This is what I never got about games like this. The point is to entice people to spend money to buy this stuff. If I play with two accounts for three months on a daily basis and get a whopping 1 non 2* cover between the two accounts from non standard tokens why should I think I'll get my money's worth buying tokens? i'm not saying there should be a high pull rate, but making it so ridiculously low is a huge deterrent towards getting me to spend money. (though maybe that's just my thinking)
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Last year, even though the drop rate for the Dino was higher, we STILL had people who did some insane number of pulls from Anniversary Tokens never ever pull a single one.

I'm trying to imagine what it's been like so far for people this year with decreased odds and increased odds of potentially everything else available in the pack.
  • ive got nothing but 2 stars in my 20 anniversary tokens

and nothing but a handful of 3 stars i already have in my last 100+ event/heroic tokens.

thanks d3
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    With the exception of 1 Classic Cyclops I got from a Galactus token, all my Anniversary token and other Galactus pulls have been 2-stars so far. Needless to say I'm in an extremely celebratory mood. /s
  • I have now opened up 17 Anniversary tokens...and every single one has netted me a 2*. I understand that RNG has some play in it, but if the odds are greatly skewed against you, regardless of RNG it's not going to matter. 17 straight tokens all 2 stars. That's just pitiful.