Anniversary tokens have GREATLY REDUCED 4* odds - not cool!

Comments

• Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I spent my 50HP today before checking the odds....won't be making THAT mistake for the rest of the week.

Did exactly the same thing just under an hour ago. Pulled a icon_squirrelgirl.png. I admit, I was rather excited when I saw cardpack.png, but now knowing the odds in getting a pulsating one being reduced, I'm not taking any chances of risking my hard earned imcoin.png
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the pricing on these being so high its a really really really weird choice.
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Here is the wiki with last year's odds. Much lower this year http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Anniversary
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, it's an even bigger gap than I thought. The odds of pulling Invisible Woman last year were higher than the chances of every 4* combined this year.
  • ** Thor and Johnny Storm ** are the major odds and I pulled a collective 9 out of 11.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I spent my 50HP today before checking the odds....won't be making THAT mistake for the rest of the week.
    I might keep buying 50HP tokens to spin the wheel and hope for one of the big ISO or HP prizes, but buying a pack of these is just throwing money into a bonfire.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    This is a much bigger disappointment than the crashed servers. I saved up to buy a stark salary JUST to splurge on anniversary tokens. Well that's out. I only need 4* at this point. Ugh.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Based on my numbers the odds of getting a 3* or better are reduced by almost a third this year for anniversary 36.4 percent last year vs around 26 percent this year.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    This is a much bigger disappointment than the crashed servers. I saved up to buy a stark salary JUST to splurge on anniversary tokens. Well that's out. I only need 4* at this point. Ugh.

Same here!

I'm almost completely maxed on 3 and trying to get my 4 star roster going, I have 1-2 of each 4 star.. but none of them are usable.

I hoarded Google play cards for the last 2 months for a stark salary, my plan was to get 1-2 of my 4 stars to a usable level cover wise but this is awful!

At less than 1 percent chance I'm insulted lol
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously - how are players supposed to get DD?

Last year you had mini-season (with DD rewards), daily drops on anniversary, and huge % for Dino in anniversary tokens. NONE of those options this year it seems.

It's time to put Dino in regular rotation of 4*'s if they aren't going to give a decent opportunity to get him. He's available -ONE WEEK- a year, this should be a good chance to get him, not a terrible vegas-odds style chance.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Stopping the release of 3 stars and pushing everyone to 4 stars is fine, but then don't cut the rates and make it HARDER to get them!

#cashgrab
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Yep, spent $20 to get ready for tokens. Haven't spent real $$$ in a while but with this disappointment, it will be a long while again. I'll just save my hp hoard for shields towards guaranteed 4* covers from PVP. This reminds of bad commercials on TV. Do you blame the marketing company that came up with the ad or the executive who signed off on the ad as being good for the company/product.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    Who are these 20K HP 40-packs supposed to be for? If your goal is to finish covering Devil Dino, that's the cost of buying 8 covers outright, versus the odds of getting 3.32 covers from a 40-pack (that number should be adjusted to account for the Legendary, the amount of HP you might get returned to you, plus the slim odds of getting another decent prize, but that's more math than I'm willing to do just to quantify exactly how disappointed I am). If your goal is anything else, you're better off buying a generic old Heroic 40-pack. And you're even better off waiting until they increase the odds again.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Here is the wiki with last year's odds. Much lower this year http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Anniversary

so a total of 18.5% for a 4* last year.. with many more 4*'s this year, what is the total ?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    This is totally unexpected (not irony), I thought the anniversary tokens were going to be really good, a good chance of getting DIno but also all the other 4s, HP, etc and even maybe a small chance of getting a 5.

What we have? Really not worthy. All 4s smaller chance than normal, Dino less chance than last year, and the HP and Iso is nothing special. I was saving HP to but a 40 pack, but now? Not in their wildest dreams. And 20000 for the first 40 pack? 5000 for the 10 pack? That is almost stealing...

So please DONT BUY these tokens, devs need to realize that these tokens are much worse than the ones last year. icon_e_sad.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just amazed at the fact that there is never a budge to lower 2 stars. artificial scarcity is one thing but this is sorta funny.

with 40 3 stars and 20 and growing 4 stars.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:

so a total of 18.5% for a 4* last year.. with many more 4*'s this year, what is the total ?

Hard to say. The listed odds are 0.1% for each non-DD character and 3% for the big red guy. But bear in mind that 0.1% is literally the lowest number the token odds screen can display, so all that tells us is that the actual figure is more than zero and less than 0.2%. Could be anywhere from .0000000000000000000(etc)1% per character to .19% per character.
  • I've been saving up iso and hp for weeks in anticipation. This continues to make me realize that they just don't care especially after last year's drop rates. I'm maxed on almost every 3* and I had some hopes of grabbing a 4* from the tokens but pretty unlikely. Sad that this anniversary is turning out way less fun
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Polares wrote:
    This is totally unexpected (not irony), I thought the anniversary tokens were going to be really good, a good chance of getting DIno but also all the other 4s, HP, etc and even maybe a small chance of getting a 5.

What we have? Really not worthy. All 4s smaller chance than normal, Dino less chance than last year, and the HP and Iso is nothing special. I was saving HP to but a 40 pack, but now? Not in their wildest dreams. And 20000 for the first 40 pack? 5000 for the 10 pack? That is almost stealing...

So please DONT BUY these tokens, devs need to realize that these tokens are much worse than the ones last year. icon_e_sad.gif

Yeah.... not even a daily sale rate on the 10 and 40 packs? Sure, 2nd+ packs, charge 20K for them, but make the first one you buy each day actually anniversary worthy.

This is pathetic. Galactus event not unlocking, terrible draw rates, overpriced packs... sounds like the devs are looking to celebrate anniversary with divorce papers.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    I too am far more disappointed by this than any server issues. They just don't get it or they just don't care.

Anyway, their loss I suppose. Was prepared to drop a stark on tokens. But, not for that. Not a chance.