Anniversary tokens have GREATLY REDUCED 4* odds - not cool!

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Instead of giving us an extra chance to grab the 4* covers people who've been around for a year so badly need, the odds of getting a non-Devil Dino character of that tier have been dropped by two thirds, down to just .1% for each! Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn last year's model featured overall boosted 4* odds even when you took DD out of the equation and this year that is decidedly not the case. Given that Devil Dino, neat though he is, remains a novelty character and not something useful for actually playing the game that means the anniversary tokens are much much much worse than a standard heroic or event token this time around.

So much for spending any HP on them. Even the daily deal is overpriced.

Comments

• I haven't seen the odds yet, but do you remember if the 3* odds are increased? I was debating a purchase of HP if so.
  • CrookedKnight
    3* odds are also reduced from the base heroic rates, from .6% per character to .5% per character - presumably to make room for the 600 HP and 3500 ISO prizes that are each categorized as 3*.

Meanwhile the 2* odds are HIGHER than the base heroics - 5.7% per character as opposed to 5.5%. You heard me, the anniversary tokens come with EXTRA MOONSTONE. Just what everybody wanted!
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    My first pull was 2900 HP, I can't complain about that lol
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    They nerfed the anniversary tokens!

Galactus eating points!

Server issues!

Yep....happy anniversary! icon_twisted.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what else is not cool?

No Iceman!

... geddit?
  • opened ares moonstone and whatever else in my 2 galactc and anniversary. disappointed I the numbers percent wise. we will see
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    I wasn't around the last anniversary event, what were the token odds like then?
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Really makes me think about whether it's worth it to buy the daily deal tokens
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got Punisher red from daily deal on mobile, but mobile roster still has a lot of 3* growth to do.

If 4* odds have been cut that drastically, I'm not sure it's worth spending the HP I bought for Steam on daily deals.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly why do this?

Was the extra 1.5% chance of players getting a 4* we can use really gonna break the game?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't remember what happened with 4* odds last year in the anniversary tokens, but at the time almost everyone still needed 3*s, and there were only 3 4*s + devil dino in the game. So it was kind of a moot point.

But now 4*s are the heart of the "elder game" (as the devs call it). Why are anniversary tokens less useful than regular heroics? And on a larger scale, why do the devs continue to insist on making 4* covers rare, special snowflakes while simultaneously releasing 4*s just as fast they used to introduce 3*s?

It's getting really irritating. (Even more so when the dev's response to that particular criticism was to release a list of improved ways to get 4*s that included three items that didn't actually increase the 4* acquisition rate because they just subbed legendary tokens for pre-existing covers, and another item that hasn't yet been introduced into the game or even explained to the player base!)
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    edited October 2015
    Everyone was saying last year had crazy odds on getting Devil Dino. Does anyone remember exactly what they were?

Edit: Found on another place. Devil Dino was 15%/15%/10% and Fury/IW were both 2%/2%/2%
  • CrookedKnight
    cyineedsn wrote:
    I wasn't around the last anniversary event, what were the token odds like then?
    I don't have this written down anywhere so it's all from memory, but I distinctly recall that the chance of a 3* or 4* pull was almost 40% combined, which was a HUGE boost compared to the base odds at that point. The tokens had HP, ISO and the dino, but their odds were taken out of the 2* pool rather than diminishing the chances of the other good stuff.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Whilst I feel your pain in only 80 days in. Lower odds on 4* I cannot roster yet isn't such bad news for me.

Still seems like a screw you to all you that have been around forever.
  • I did a 10 pack and got Dino and 3 bullseye with 6 tinykitty ** Johnny storms
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    On the plus side it looks like I won't be spending any HP this week.
  • AnonymousMPQ
    AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    They have to reduce the odds because they know all the free tokens they have to give away for all the server issues and such

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • And I still ask if the 4 star.png odds POOL is smaller then last years, because all the new 4 star.png s are kinda dilluting the percentages a bit.

Last year, the only 4*s to get were

icon_wolverine.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_nickfury.png

Now, it's like...

icon_antman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_thor.pngicon_thing.png

Even if the 4* drop pool was the same as last year, you'd expect individual percentages to be cut in thirds.

What're the odds like on these tokens, exactly?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent my 50HP today before checking the odds....won't be making THAT mistake for the rest of the week.
  • CrookedKnight
    Last year's token pool featured increased odds from what was then the base 4* chance. That base was a little over 2%.

Since then, the chances for 4*s in tokens have been boosted across the board, to over 4%. But this year's anniversary odds for a non-Dino 4* are well under 2%, at just 0.1% per character for (if I'm counting right) 14 characters. So the chance of pulling a non-novelty 4* from a 2015 anniversary token is worse than your chances from a regular Heroic last year -- chances that were so low Demiurge has doubled them in the past year just to sort of try and maybe think about keeping pace with the rate of 4* releases.