No Holds Barred - Elite

Options

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    I'm not convinced it did start working again. It was only in the last few hours that we are able to move. I think this is because those below the top 10 unshielded and made extraordinary pushes, pushing them into our "zero zone" and allowing a point attack. Whoever was first to drop shield and go for it started a chain reaction all down the line.

I was on my way home, considering taking a 2-point I'd saved from my thousands of earlier skips then BAM -- it opened up and the carnage ensued.

I wonder if they have deliberately programmed a hysteresis into the system to allow players to unshield.

Without that, as soon as anyone unshielded they would appear on everyone's skip rotation at once and be targeted by 30-50 players. It would render it theoretically impossible to unshield and hit one target without getting hammered 40 times.

So maybe when a top 10 unshielded and people couldn't find him in their lists, that was by design to keep the game moving. Over time they would start showing up in target rotations.

It would also explain why the list shuffled so much, because everyone wasn't able to target #1 on the list, and so victims were better distributed. Yo9u weren't safe to unshield at #8 because everyone didn't have someone beginning with 'N" in their arena targets.

Or it could just be dumb luck and erroneous code.
  • I'm not convinced it did start working again. It was only in the last few hours that we are able to move. I think this is because those below the top 10 unshielded and made extraordinary pushes, pushing them into our "zero zone" and allowing a point attack. Whoever was first to drop shield and go for it started a chain reaction all down the line.

I was on my way home, considering taking a 2-point I'd saved from my thousands of earlier skips then BAM -- it opened up and the carnage ensued.

There's only one person who could break the zero/shield stalemate. Ladies and gentlemen... JOSE!!!! [slow clap into thunderous applause]

My theory on zero pt hell: Koolbiird hacked into the server and rigged the matchmaking, then got ban hammered. icon_e_surprised.gif

I have this image in my head of Jose being an 8-year kid that played sick to get out of school and hammered away all day with his dad's credit card and a case of Mountain Dew at his side. I know this is probably way off target, but it makes me laugh to think that the cause of so much grief and bewilderment would be someone like that. icon_e_biggrin.gif

[@Jose: If you are indeed lurking these forums, I mean no offense. Your performance last night was a tribute to your tenacity and skill]
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    I'm not convinced it did start working again. It was only in the last few hours that we are able to move. I think this is because those below the top 10 unshielded and made extraordinary pushes, pushing them into our "zero zone" and allowing a point attack. Whoever was first to drop shield and go for it started a chain reaction all down the line.

I wonder if they have deliberately programmed a hysteresis into the system to allow players to unshield.

Without that, as soon as anyone unshielded they would appear on everyone's skip rotation at once and be targeted by 30-50 players. It would render it theoretically impossible to unshield and hit one target without getting hammered 40 times.

So maybe when a top 10 unshielded and people couldn't find him in their lists, that was by design to keep the game moving. Over time they would start showing up in target rotations.

It would also explain why the list shuffled so much, because everyone wasn't able to target #1 on the list, and so victims were better distributed. Yo9u weren't safe to unshield at #8 because everyone didn't have someone beginning with 'N" in their arena targets.

Or it could just be dumb luck and erroneous code.

I'm going with the Koolbird theory. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nick-Fury wrote:
    Which team is yours AlienInvasion?
    Brady28

I didn't realize that was gonna be my gamertag, thought it would use my GC Id "A5ianInva5ion"

Wish I could change it for consistency's sake.
    I got lucky, my MPQ name is the same as my GameCenter ID: Dayv.
  • cleptomaniac
    cleptomaniac Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I noticed that even after I took down my shield the leaderboard still showed me having a shield. Don't know if it was just a glitch on my end or if the was a bigger problem going on.
  • I'm anxious for the LR's to start this week. I need my ISO fix. That should get me through to this Friday when hopefully there's more PVE.
  • I noticed that even after I took down my shield the leaderboard still showed me having a shield. Don't know if it was just a glitch on my end or if the was a bigger problem going on.

Often when I was spamming skip. The moment someone in the top 10 showed up shortly after they unshielded. I noticed that the leaderboard was slow to register this change.
  • I forgot to ask, was there a lot of people running with Magneto at the top?

Before the tourney everyone predicted he would be one of the top characters.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I forgot to ask, was there a lot of people running with Magneto at the top?

Actually no. I think maybe two people? The top 3 teams all ran GSBW/Hulk/Spidey.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Actually no. I think maybe two people? The top 3 teams all ran GSBW/Hulk/Spidey.

Why GSBW ? Just because of her green? I don't think she is so good but there is a lot of people playing with her. (IM 40 has very similar power, has more HP and is a battery too). Of course she has synergy with Hulk but I don't think she is that good (I think Magneto is far superior to her)
  • I run with GSBW, Spidey, Hulk (all in their 90's). It's just safer and I can still get wins in about 4 minutes.

(even quicker if the desert level is available. icon_e_wink.gif )

People forget that GSBW has three seperate powers that can cause cascades (all three can be targeted, too). That's a huge benefit that people often overlook when they just look at her raw damage numbers/AP costs.
  • LOL. the guy I knocked out of 10th place last night, just jacked me for -46 in LR. I was just about to throw up a shield and go back to work... Hope 313 is enough for diabloical.
  • Polares wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Why GSBW ? Just because of her green? I don't think she is so good but there is a lot of people playing with her. (IM 40 has very similar power, has more HP and is a battery too). Of course she has synergy with Hulk but I don't think she is that good (I think Magneto is far superior to her)
    Also, purple. Arguably powers her green faster, more dependably (no countdown tiles), and does decent damage in its own right. Also, GSBW has good synergy with Hulk's Anger and some synergy w/ Spidey (get protect tiles while charging up her purple).
  • Thank you D3 for responding to my ticket on a Wednesday to an event that happened 3 days ago. Thanks.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Koolbiirddd, what did they say? Did you get compensation? icon_e_sad.gif
  • Twysta wrote:

Marvel Puzzle Quest (D3 Publisher)

Feb 11 14:08

Hello!

When you say you are disappearing from matchmaking, what exactly do you mean?
    Are there no battles, or can you not access the event at all?
    If you could, please send us a screenshot of what you are seeing.
    Please also send us a copy of your DXDiag.
    Press the windows key + r to launch the run window.
    Type in dxdiag.exe
    Once that has loaded please click "Save All Information"
    Send that information back to us as a response to this ticket and we will look in to this!

D3Publisher Support Team

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us, visit our website at http://www.d3p.us/, or stop by our forums at www.d3pforums.com for more information.

That's the response I get. 72 hours later.
  • Could you still see yourself in the table Koolbiird, what rewards/placement did you get in the end? Hope this all gets sorted out for you.
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    Could you still see yourself in the table Koolbiird, what rewards/placement did you get in the end? Hope this all gets sorted out for you.

I uninstalled the app in anger. I just re-installed it. Top 10 finisher.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah after not seeing you for a few days I felt you might have raged at the game and took a break from it xD
    Not so helpful for them to run an elite event on when there's no admins on when it's on at all.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Marvel Puzzle Quest (D3 Publisher)

Feb 11 14:08

Hello!

When you say you are disappearing from matchmaking, what exactly do you mean?
    Are there no battles, or can you not access the event at all?
    If you could, please send us a screenshot of what you are seeing.
    Please also send us a copy of your DXDiag.
    Press the windows key + r to launch the run window.
    Type in dxdiag.exe
    Once that has loaded please click "Save All Information"
    Send that information back to us as a response to this ticket and we will look in to this!

D3Publisher Support Team

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us, visit our website at http://www.d3p.us/, or stop by our forums at http://www.d3pforums.com for more information.

That's the response I get. 72 hours later.

I posted my support request about my bugged shield immediately after it happened, so around 2pm EST on Monday, and got an email back about 24 hours later... an email requesting that I include my PVP name and player ID. In my rush I had forgotten, and now I haven't heard back since then, I'm afraid I got moved to the back of the queue. icon_e_sad.gif