No Holds Barred - Elite

Options

Comments

• Very entertaining commentary.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nick at 1753, and Neil just 3 points behind!
    Nemek has breached the top 3 with 1723, and peanut now seems an eternity away with 1675!
    Heh, the Triple N Threat.
  • Couple comments: If Nick wins, it would be so funny to have "Previous Winner: Nick Fury" on the next Elite.
    And two? SHIELD BUGPOP SHIELD

I had an unfortunate encounter with a spider man and infinite blue
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Looks like somebody lost to Neil.
  • DirigiblePilot
    Options

Neil is at 1760! For the first time in what seems like forever, Nick Fury has been taken down from his position as king! It seems now that the three N's are going to battle it out for first, while everyone else tries to sneak into that magical top 3.
    1 hour left. Here we go.
  • Ouch. That hurt.
  • Gotta be tense for you guys in the top 9. Good luck all but I wanna know if the top 3 will still be smiling as they get the popup for about 90 rewards in a row icon_e_wink.gif
  • DirigiblePilot
    Options
    4-8 have all unshielded! To make a coordinated push for top 3? Or to tear each other down? Let's find out!
  • Nemek
    Options
    5 people unshielded. Somebody is likely to get hurt.
  • Just queued nick fury up. Hehe. I won't snipe at ya :p
    How the hell are you getting matched with the top 10?

I unshielded for one battle with stocky102000 when he got to a point where the battle was worth 40 points. Seemed like a good idea to jump out, fight one battle, an re-shield. Somehow, during the time I was unshielded, I got hit by BlueVortex for -46. His retaliation value to me is 5. Within minutes of shielding, I got hit by three other players for what would have been -37, -28, and -35. I give up. I'll just stay shielded since I'm in 55th place and should remain top-100.

But, seriously, what is the point to this system? I'm sure glad the Devs have come up with an incentive NOT to play the game. I guess they must be making a mint from the shields.

Right behind you. Hopefully enough to stay top 100. Would come out ahead by 50hp + other rewards. Not bad for a first paid event for me. Wanted to see how it was. Looks like top 10 is costly with shielding.

Btw I have 3 of the top 15 in my queue now if I need to make a last minute push. Just had to skip a bunch when you see them un shield.

Nice commentary D
  • Nemek
    Options
    Not as bad as I thought. Looks like bugpop got hit, though.
  • I'd love to hear the shield hp expenditure of whomever gets 4th. Lick those tears off your face like cartman lol. De-lish.

I also love how nemek and fury both have basically only 2-3 covers they can even use out of the rewards lol.
  • I keep breaking even icon_cry.gif
  • DirigiblePilot
    Options
    Peanut has gained a few points towards threatening Nemek, while Neil has unshielded to widen the gap between him and Fury! What will happen?
  • DirigiblePilot
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Morphy has bounded into 4th, while Nemek is now just 7 points behind Fury and 25 behind Neil. Anything could happen!
    And down at the lower end of the leaderboard, Jose is still unshielded, and is only 43 points away from dropping off the map altogether! I still don't know how he's been in this long...
  • wow, top 3 hit me at the same time. sad day
  • Nemek
    Options
    Peanut has gained a few points towards threatening Nemek, while Neil has unshielded to widen the gap between him and Fury! What will happen?

Whew, I hit Peanut juuuuuust in time.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd love to hear the shield hp expenditure of whomever gets 4th. Lick those tears off your face like cartman lol. De-lish.

I also love how nemek and fury both have basically only 2-3 covers they can even use out of the rewards lol.

It's not about the covers, its about the glory of getting your name in the next elite event, of course.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Morphy is hit!
  • Nemek
    Options
    I'd love to hear the shield hp expenditure of whomever gets 4th. Lick those tears off your face like cartman lol. De-lish.

It's not about the covers, its about the glory of getting your name in the next elite event, of course.

Those 3 covers are worth a lot to me! (IW blue, Xforce yellow, Hood yellow)