***** Wolverine (Old Man Logan) *****

Options

Comments

• jki_23
    jki_23 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to the forum.

Currently I have a level 352 3/2/2 OML, will level him up to 360. My other unleveled 5 star:

Phoenix 1/2/0
    BSSM 0/0/1
    SS 1/1/1

So which 4 star is the best partner for OML? Or I should wait till my other 5 star get more covers? At what level will OML intimidate people from attacking?

Thanks for your comment.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jki_23 wrote:

Currently I have a level 352 3/2/2 OML, will level him up to 360. My other unleveled 5 star:

Phoenix 1/2/0
    BSSM 0/0/1
    SS 1/1/1

So which 4 star is the best partner for OML? Or I should wait till my other 5 star get more covers? At what level will OML intimidate people from attacking?

Thanks for your comment.
    Of those, I would level SS as a partner for him, but you might be better off with a strong 4* instead. SS's stun resistance and 2 extra colors of 5* damage will be the primary benefits right now.

Of course, you'll want to avoid anyone with an active yellow skill so they don't drain the AP OML needs to go totally TinyKitty house on people -- unless your plan is just to rely on his strike tiles, healing, and match damage (there are worse plans).
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jki_23 wrote:

Phoenix 1/2/0
    BSSM 0/0/1
    SS 1/1/1

Thanks for your comment.

I've seen mention of OML/X-23/Daken. That team is a Strike Tile Machine that almost never dies

I use this all the time, and actually championed X23 ahead of Iceman and Red Hulk to strengthen it for PvE purposes. So strike. Much healing. Wow.

That said, it's not that difficult to beat in PvP because Daken is squishy and the AI won't use Tracking Prey optimally.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    jki_23 wrote:

Phoenix 1/2/0
    BSSM 0/0/1
    SS 1/1/1

Thanks for your comment.

I've seen mention of OML/X-23/Daken. That team is a Strike Tile Machine that almost never dies

I use this all the time, and actually championed X23 ahead of Iceman and Red Hulk to strengthen it for PvE purposes. So strike. Much healing. Wow.

That said, it's not that difficult to beat in PvP because Daken is squishy and the AI won't use Tracking Prey optimally.
    OML and X-23 will be great with Nova though.
  • metabelian
    Options
    Is my 0/3/3 worth leveling?

Mostly concerned with PVP. My HB is at 271 but all the rest of my 4 stars are at 166 or lower, got pretty much every 3 star at 166+.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    metabelian wrote:
    Is my 0/3/3 worth leveling?

Mostly concerned with PVP. My HB is at 271 but all the rest of my 4 stars are at 166 or lower, got pretty much every 3 star at 166+.

Without black he is still a very strong passive character, especially in pve, but he won't be much use in PvP until he has the threat of transformation/massive damage.

So I would keep him on par with your 4* roster (i.e. less than 300) until you get that black cover. But as soon as you do, I would consider pushing him to 350 for pvp purposes (both climbing and scarecrowing).

Also, for those with max or near max covers: is the consensus still 5/5/3? Seems like 5 yellow is automatic, and 5 black seems marginally better than 5 Red.
  • metabelian
    Options
    Thanks, that's more or less what I thought. Hopefully I pull a black soon, but worst case two months until I get it for daily reward.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    metabelian wrote:
    Thanks, that's more or less what I thought. Hopefully I pull a black soon, but worst case two months until I get it for daily reward.

Lucky you - I just pulled my 3rd yellow so currently 0/3/0 & about 6 months to go before a black for me! icon_cry.gif
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    Options
    I just pulled a yellow OML cover the other day to make him 1/1/2. I have around 22 3 star champs, but my only max covered 4 star is Fury at 5/3/5. Most of my other 4 stars are 8 or 9 covers or less. Is OML worth using in PVP over a champed 3 star? What about a boosted champed 3 star? Is it worth leveling OML at this point and to what degree (315 is max at the moment)?

In PVP Simulator I'm trying out IF, 3*Cyc, and OML, but I'm debating on working towards maxing out OML to make that team scarier (though possibly messing up my scaling), or just saving ISO for more 3 star champs/4 start leveling.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With all three covers and leveled up, he will be head and shoulders above boosted champ 3*s. Even if you never transform him, he'll do more for you with match damage and regeneration than the rest of your roster. He'll also be a far better scarecrow than any 3*. If you're going to put any iso into him, take him to max level. Your scaling should not be unmanageable.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so how does a 320-350 OML compare to a boosted/champed, top-tier 4*? say, the big5 - hb, jean, ice, rulk, cyke - in the 350s-360s. I know how strong the 4s are. just curious about the OML. in other words, the week that ice and cyke were boosted - did u run OML/ice or cyke/ice? would you have run hb over OML?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    so how does a 320-350 OML compare to a boosted/champed, top-tier 4*? say, the big5 - hb, jean, ice, rulk, cyke - in the 350s-360s. I know how strong the 4s are. just curious about the OML. in other words, the week that ice and cyke were boosted - did u run OML/ice or cyke/ice? would you have run hb over OML?
    You never want to give up healing...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

I have both iceman and cyclops championed, but in those events I used most of the time iceman and a 370 OML. He is not much better than iceman or cyclops at 350+, I even used them together to compare results, and both teams were great, but OML regen is too good to pass. You just need health packs for the other char, which helps you play for longer periods. Then OML black (without the yellow) is really good, those strike tiles with the massive match damage helps killing the other guys fast. But the big difference is the regen.

The only problem of using of OML is that now I can get hit after 300 points by other bigger OMLs. You don't get hit with these scores more that once or twice, but when people still didn't have OMLs and we all were playing with 4s I was never hit until 600 or more.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would you say that boosted 4*s let you win faster than a mid-level OML? Saving on health packs during a long climb makes sense, but I wonder if it makes more sense to eat a couple of health packs to finish a shield hop sooner.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing to consider is that even with 4*'s you can get hit by OML much earlier than 600's these days.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would you say that boosted 4*s let you win faster than a mid-level OML? Saving on health packs during a long climb makes sense, but I wonder if it makes more sense to eat a couple of health packs to finish a shield hop sooner.

Mmm that is hard to say both my 370 OML and buffed top5 are quite fast quilling other teams. The good thing about OML is that he can kill almost any 4 by simply matching tiles, and using his red passive to add strike tiles to the board. If he can fire black to add his super strike tiles then everything goes even faster. Probably he is faster than Jean without doubt, but probably on par with the other self-accelerated top5. Other advantage of using OML is that he doesn't need to gather AP to kill anybody, so when I used him instead of cyclops with iceman I could concentrate in iceman colors.

Then again, there is just one week where two top5 are buffed, all the other weeks you can use OML and one good buffed 4.

Maybe a better question could be, is it worth for Phoenix, Spidey or SS to substitute the buffed 4 when at 360 level? That it is a good question I still don't have an answer to.
  • Danman2008
    Options
    Is he worth leveling without a redflag.png ? I have a 4/3/0...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Danman2008 wrote:

probably worth taking up to 350 or so (assuming you have several maxed 4*s). Without red he won't accelerate your team quite as fast, but he is a still a great way to save health packs, do tons of match damage, and occasionally drop the sword of damocles by transforming.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Danman2008 wrote:
    i'll give you 2 reds for 1 of your yellows?
  • Danman2008
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    i'll give you 2 reds for 1 of your yellows?

If I could, I would for sure