***** Wolverine (Old Man Logan) *****

Options

Comments

• greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On my SANDBOX account (no one need be nervous!) I have levelled OML to 550, and here are his stats:

Health: 91833 (same as Phoenix at 550); yellowtile.png 1198 bluetile.png 144 purpletile.png 157 redtile.png 1049 greentile.png 170 blacktile.png 1348 tutile.png 678

blackflag.png lvl 3- 3 2024 strike tiles; lvl 4- 3 2249 strike tiles; lvl 5- 4 1800 strike tiles

yellowflag.png lvl 3- heals 2664 per ally; lvl 4- heals 3045 per ally; lvl 5 heals 3425 per ally

redflag.png lvl 3- 2 731 strike tiles; lvl 4- 2 788 strike tiles; lvl 5- 2 844 strike tiles

I don't have any stats on his transformed powers, though I'm sure they are insane, probably a bit more than twice as powerful as at lvl 450, if Phoenix's numbers are anything to go by. It is difficult finding a team powerful to face so that I can actually transform OML's powers.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    greenglove wrote:
    It is difficult finding a team powerful to face so that I can actually transform OML's powers.

First world problems, am I right?
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    greenglove wrote:
    It is difficult finding a team powerful to face so that I can actually transform OML's powers.

First world problems, am I right?

Rather. LOL (except that anyone can get a sandboxed account)

I did find a PVE team tough enough to last so that I could transform OML. So my 550 OML has 4/5/4, and the stats are as follows for his transformed powers: blackflag.png 34560 plus 9179 for special tile damage; yellowflag.png 6785 team damage plus 4139 ; redflag.png 28123 (and under 50% health, add 24743). It's pretty insane.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    greenglove wrote:
    On my SANDBOX account (no one need be nervous!) I have levelled OML to 550, and here are his stats:

Health: 91833 (same as Phoenix at 550); yellowtile.png 1198 bluetile.png 144 purpletile.png 157 redtile.png 1049 greentile.png 170 blacktile.png 1348 tutile.png 678

blackflag.png lvl 3- 3 2024 strike tiles; lvl 4- 3 2249 strike tiles; lvl 5- 4 1800 strike tiles

yellowflag.png lvl 3- heals 2664 per ally; lvl 4- heals 3045 per ally; lvl 5 heals 3425 per ally

redflag.png lvl 3- 2 731 strike tiles; lvl 4- 2 788 strike tiles; lvl 5- 2 844 strike tiles

I don't have any stats on his transformed powers, though I'm sure they are insane, probably a bit more than twice as powerful as at lvl 450, if Phoenix's numbers are anything to go by. It is difficult finding a team powerful to face so that I can actually transform OML's powers.
    greenglove wrote:
    I did find a PVE team tough enough to last so that I could transform OML. So my 550 OML has 4/5/4, and the stats are as follows for his transformed powers: blackflag.png 34560 plus 9179 for special tile damage; yellowflag.png 6785 team damage plus 4139 ; redflag.png 28123 (and under 50% health, add 24743). It's pretty insane.

Save me RNGebus!

So 91,833 health, healing 10,275 health per turn as a passive (so long as his friends are alive).
    A match 4 (black) doing between 5,968 and 10,184 damage (5,392 + 4,792 = 10,184 and 5,392 + 576 = 5,968).
    A crit match 4 (black) doing between 18,480 and 35,344 damage.

Who needs to transform?

Though, those strike tiles really aren't keeping up. Who cares about the free 1,688 extra damage from those two strike tiles with red covers? Especially since you can get an additional 7,200 damage from those four black strike tiles?
  • Is it worth levelling a 2/1/2 OML? Am I less likely to get jumped on in PVP than with JeanBuster?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    fickle wrote:
    Is it worth levelling a 2/1/2 OML? Am I less likely to get jumped on in PVP than with JeanBuster?

A 5 cover OML is what EVERYONE without one wants right now. Level him ASAP.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    fickle wrote:
    Is it worth levelling a 2/1/2 OML? Am I less likely to get jumped on in PVP than with JeanBuster?

JeanBuster is what mid-level 5*s are eating for breakfast.

I'm still very likely to attack a team with a five cover OML if it doesn't have a lot of support.

PoolSurfer (the name I'm giving to an attacking team of a high level surfer with good healing and a 5 black cover 4Pool) eats low Health teams for breakfast when they are paired with a mid-level OML. As soon as the first strike tiles come out, I'm tanking every hit with Surfer and delivering a 4,000 damage counter with 4Pool. So long as you can prevent the transformation (which isn't that tough, just eat all of the yellow tiles) and every 12 blue AP is going to bring Surfer back up 10,000 health (at my 9 cover level). I can just match and counter everything to death.

On D, PoolSurfer suffers right now, because you can target 4Pool first to kill his counter and then all you have left is the big match damage. The ideal third for that team is OML, but mine is only 1/1/1 right now, so I rotate in Thing, Jean Grey, Iceman.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    fickle wrote:

I don't think a 5 cover OML is going to stop anybody with a good 4 team. I think the point were OML becomes scary is with 7 covers. I wouldn't hesitate attacking a 330 level OML (I already have).

BUT If you decide to do so, this is iso well spent. With one cover more he starts to scare people (lvl345), and with two more as I said he is a beast (lvl 360 is were he is clearly superior to any 5).

I have 6 covers and soon I will get the 7th (resupply day 820), so as soon as I champion my JG (20k iso to go) I will start leveling him. In fact I need to start thinking who is going to be his partner icon_razz.gif (a 7 cover SS ? iceman ? JG? ). I guess nobody will attack a 360 level OML and SS ... (except of cpurse crazy people with maxed 5s icon_razz.gif)
  • Polares wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    fickle wrote:

I don't think a 5 cover OML is going to stop anybody with a good 4 team. I think the point were OML becomes scary is with 7 covers. I wouldn't hesitate attacking a 330 level OML (I already have).

BUT If you decide to do so, this is iso well spent. With one cover more he starts to scare people (lvl345), and with two more as I said he is a beast (lvl 360 is were he is clearly superior to any 5).

I have 6 covers and soon I will get the 7th (resupply day 820), so as soon as I champion my JG (20k iso to go) I will start leveling him. In fact I need to start thinking who is going to be his partner icon_razz.gif (a 7 cover SS ? iceman ? JG? ). I guess nobody will attack a 360 level OML and SS ... (except of cpurse crazy people with maxed 5s icon_razz.gif)

Yeah I've heard at 6 covers minimum is when its worth levelling, I just wonder when I'm around 900 pts if it i'll get more skips than running JeanBuster. I'll have to make more sacrifices to the rngods
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    fickle wrote:

Oooh, what color is the cover?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    fickle wrote:

Oooh, what color is the cover?
    Black according to the Daily Resupply thread...
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grrr. I need yellow gosh darn't. Some of these 5*'s are fine with only 2 covers, OML would be fine with just black and yellow, but if you have red you need yellow to offset the red.

SS you need blue and red

JG you need green and red

Spidey is about the only one who has multiple combos
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OML with yellowflag.png is pretty sweet. I had yellowflag.pngredflag.png for a few weeks and that's nice for trivial nodes and seed teams. Once I got a black cover, it's a whole new ball game.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been using 0/1/1 OML for a while (he was sitting on the bench for couple of weeks) and the first test results in PvE are awesome. At lvl 255 (my highest level so the scaling is not yet bad) he is killing the trivial nodes and essentials. Then i would go for Angels for the other nodes as it's much faster than taking OML. Still - he is no my number 1 on the wish list (black please little baby RNGesus... or any other).
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pulled my seventh black cover yesterday. My 5/2/0 OML was not amused.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    I pulled my seventh black cover yesterday. My 5/2/0 OML was not amused.
    Just hold on to that cover and work on getting him champed in the next 13 days. Easy.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    grrr. I need yellow gosh darn't. Some of these 5*'s are fine with only 2 covers, OML would be fine with just black and yellow, but if you have red you need yellow to offset the red.

SS you need blue and red

JG you need green and red

Spidey is about the only one who has multiple combos

I have been using my 1/2/0 OML for PVP lately, mostly with SW and LThor and he is great! Hoping to get his red soon so I'll at least have a three colors. Don't worry so much about collecting yellow but I keep a closer eye on it once I see his black is ready to go. Once he transforms, it's beatdown time!!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just curious, whenever I fight an OML, I usually save him for last, so that his yellow doesn't heal so much. Is this what others do as well? Or do you wait until you have a stun or mega-attack to take him down in one shot?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Just curious, whenever I fight an OML, I usually save him for last, so that his yellow doesn't heal so much. Is this what others do as well? Or do you wait until you have a stun or mega-attack to take him down in one shot?

I always take him down last because of the reason you have listed.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I always take him down last because of the reason you have listed.

I would say, that I wait until I can finish him in one turn or two but he doesn't need to be the last one, in fact, if he is well covered he probably should not be the last one to die. Thing is you should finish as soon as possible, because if he transforms you are in a world of pain. So I kill as soon as possible, but of course I don't do match damage against him (at least not until I fire Jean green or IMHB overdrive).

Remember that once he has transformed he will at least have AP for firing one yellow, but probably for a red too (specially if the team didn't had another red user), so that can easily kill at least one of your chars.

PS: I have lost just once against a OML (330 or so, I don't fight the 360+), and it was because I left him for last and he transformed, and the next turn he fired yellow and red with some very big strike tiles on the board.