***** Wolverine (Old Man Logan) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited June 2016 in Character Details
Wolverine (Old Man Logan) icon_wolverine.png
5 Star Rarity (Epic) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 42480 Tile Damage: 554/485/67/73/79/624/314/4.0x

Living Legend - 9 blacktile.png AP
Logan keeps his anger in check, letting his reputation strike fear into his enemies. Create 2 strength 272 Black Strike tiles and end the turn.

If the team has 12 or more Yellow AP, also replace all of Wolverine's powers with new powers.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates 3 strength 207 Black Strike tiles. Level 3: Creates 3 strength 233 Black Strike tiles. Level 4: Creates 3 strength 259 Black Strike tiles. Level 5: Creates 4 strength 207 Black Strike tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: Creates 3 strength 937 Black Strike tiles. Level 4: Creates 3 strength 1041 Black Strike tiles. Level 5: Creates 4 strength 833 Black Strike tiles.

ALT: Still Sharp - 7 blacktile.png AP
Wolverine unleashes his pent-up anger, giving up any strategic advantages in favor of a direct assault. Deals 2486 damage to the target and destroys 2 friendly Special tiles, dealing 660 damage for each tile destroyed (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP.)
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 2983 damage + 2 Special tiles for 792 damage each Level 3: Deals 3480 damage + 3 Special tiles for 924 damage each Level 4: Deals 3978 damage + 3 Special tiles for 1056 damage each Level 5: Deals 4475 damage + 4 Special tiles for 1188 damage each
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 13992 damage + 3 Special tiles for 3717 damage each Level 4: Deals 15990 damage + 3 Special tiles for 4248 damage each Level 5: Deals 17989 damage + 4 Special tiles for 4779 damage each

Die Hard - yellowtile.png Passive
(PASSIVE) Logan's healing factor keeps him standing, but ain't quite what it used to be. At the start of the turn, Wolverine restores 219 health for each team member still in the fight.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 263 for each team member. Level 3: 307 for each team member. Level 4: 350 for each team member. Level 5: 394 for each team member.
Max Level
    Level 3: 1233 for each team member. Level 4: 1410 for each team member. Level 5: 1586 for each team member.

ALT: Old Habits - 8 yellowtile.png AP
Wolverine takes on all his enemies at once, his berserker rage fueled by the chaos of the brawl. Wolverine deals 440 damage to the enemy team, plus an additional 311 damage for each enemy still in the fight.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 440 + 373 for each team member. Level 3: 610 + 373 for each team member. Level 4: 610 + 477 for each team member. Level 5: 781 + 477 for each team member.
Max Level
    Level 3: 2455 + 1499 for each team member. Level 4: 2455 + 1915 for each team member. Level 5: 3140 + 1915 for each team member.

Reluctant Hero - redtile.png Passive
(PASSIVE) Logan does his best to avoid a fight, but can't help getting pulled in by the people he cares about. When an ally fires a power, if there are fewer than 5 friendly Strike tiles, Logan loses 725 health and creates 2 strength 78 Red Strike tiles.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 78 Red Strike tiles. Level 3: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 85 Red Strike tiles. Level 4: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 91 Red Strike tiles. Level 5: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 98 Red Strike tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: Logan loses 2499 health and creates 2 strength 338 Red Strike tiles. Level 4: Logan loses 2499 health and creates 2 strength 364 Red Strike tiles. Level 5: Logan loses 2499 health and creates 2 strength 390 Red Strike tiles.
ALT: Finish the Fight - 8 redtile.png AP
Battered and beaten, Wolverine moves to put an end to the battle, mercilessly plunging his claws into the opponent. Deals 2176 damage. If Wolverine has less than 40% health, deal an additional 1813 damage.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 2642 damage + 2072 if under 40% health Level 3: Deals 3110 damage + 2332 if under 40% health Level 4: Deals 3238 damage + 2848 if under 50% health Level 5: Deals 3368 damage + 3107 if under 60% health
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 12497 damage + 9371 if under 40% health Level 4: Deals 13013 damage + 11448 if under 50% health Level 5: Deals 13537 damage + 12490 if under 60% health

Dev note: Once the character goes into their alt abilities, they can't return to the original set for the rest of that battle. So make sure you've got in all the healing you want to pack in before you fire off that Black ability.
Dev note 2: Changes from preview version (here for reference)
    - Switched Logan to Assault tier, giving his color strengths a boost. - Changed base Red to add Strike tiles on ability use instead of direct damage. - Updated base Black for better Strike tile gen balance.

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Boo.

I wish it could've been Elixir icon_e_sad.gif
    You let me down iceman...

Makes me just wanna icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png if I already had an existing blue countdown tile of the same type before.
  • I am in LOVE with the powers. Adding alt abilities like this gives characters a new dimension.
    This is what a 5 star should look like.

Let's hope the next one is either Phoenix or AoE heavy dealing Odin. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I have to say, the design of a "true" switch of personality is super cool to me. I'm quite intrigued, and looking forward to the art.
  • guib
    guib Posts: 83 Match Maker
    The choice of character is so lame icon_e_sad.gif

'This marks the first time ever that we’ve introduced a new rarity in Marvel Puzzle Quest' .... yeah, to get this, it was reaaaally needed icon_e_sad.gif
  • Cskellz
    Cskellz Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    With the ability to basically switch to an entirely different set of powers, it definitely adds a new aspect to the game.
  • Read OML's story. It's pretty cool (also it's part of the next wolverine movie I believe, so I am sure that is part of it).
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    So winning against old man Logan means denying yellow at all costs, and she-hulking it down whenever possible.

Because once he gets AP, he is nuts.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Wow, his red passive got hit hard with the pre-release nerf bat.

Compare the original ability:
    IceIX wrote:
    Damage + Self damage on ability use - redtile.png Passive
    Whenever an ally fires a power, deals 1217 damage to the target and 907 damage to themself.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1460 damage to the target and 907 damage to themself. Level 3: Deals 1704 damage to the target and 907 damage to themself. Level 4: Deals 1947 damage to the target and 907 damage to themself. Level 5: Deals 2191 damage to the target and 907 damage to themself.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 6850 damage to the target and 3644 damage to themself. Level 4: Deals 7829 damage to the target and 3644 damage to themself. Level 5: Deals 8807 damage to the target and 3644 damage to themself.
    With the current version:
    IceIX wrote:
    Reluctant Hero - redtile.png Passive
    (PASSIVE) Logan does his best to avoid a fight, but can't help getting pulled in by the people he cares about. When an ally fires a power, if there are fewer than 5 friendly Strike tiles, Logan loses 725 health and creates 2 strength 78 Red Strike tiles.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 78 Red Strike tiles. Level 3: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 85 Red Strike tiles. Level 4: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 91 Red Strike tiles. Level 5: Logan loses 621 health and creates 2 strength 98 Red Strike tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Logan loses 2499 health and creates 2 strength 338 Red Strike tiles. Level 4: Logan loses 2499 health and creates 2 strength 364 Red Strike tiles. Level 5: Logan loses 2499 health and creates 2 strength 390 Red Strike tiles.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... but to be fair, the original red passive was completely ridiculous, even without Starlord abuse.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    So winning against old man Logan means denying yellow at all costs, and she-hulking it down whenever possible.

Because once he gets AP, he is nuts.

Sounds like his comic... you can be a jerk to him but don't make him go over the edge (don't mess with his family) or he is going to lose it.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    It a not a nerf if it didn't make to release, one of many drafts that got close to final, version X.YZ, while it was making its way to release. Calling it a "nerf" is just reactionary and part of the forumite panic that happens every release. So basically, can we stop with that term when it doesn't apply? We hear it enough as it is.

Or we could put it more places and invent new uses. I'm in nerf with you.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadsider wrote:
    It a not a nerf if it didn't make to release, one of many drafts that got close to final, version X.YZ, while it was making its way to release. Calling it a "nerf" is just reactionary and part of the forumite panic that happens every release. So basically, can we stop with that term when it doesn't apply? We hear it enough as it is.

Or we could put it more places and invent new uses. I'm in nerf with you.
    But what about all those poor people who spent time and effort... wait, he wasn't released yet...
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Deadsider wrote:
    Calling it a "nerf" is just reactionary and part of the forumite panic that happens every release. So basically, can we stop with that term when it doesn't apply? We hear it enough as it is
    It's a nerf. It's a change to previously-released information and most would consider this change makes the character weaker than before. Maybe it's slightly different because the ability was updated before the release but there's no short-hand for that. I use the term nerf and everyone knows what I'm talking about.

I didn't get mad. I didn't threaten to delete my roster and quit the game. I merely stated a fact. The ability was nerfed pre-release; end of story.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    If there are 5 or more friendly strike tiles, then the passive redflag.png just does nothing, am I reading that right?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    So no questions this is an easy 5/5/3. With those numbers 16 Black and 12 Yellow will deal around 51k damage to the target and 15k to everybody else, downing almost any team, including one with a maxed 5*. Red is basically superfluous. If you bring around Iron Fist or Kingpin + Scarlet Witch, you should be going off reliably around turn 5.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    udonomefoo wrote:
    If there are 5 or more friendly strike tiles, then the passive redflag.png just does nothing, am I reading that right?
    Correct.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    So no questions this is an easy 5/5/3. With those numbers 16 Black and 12 Yellow will deal around 51k damage to the target and 15k to everybody else, downing almost any team, including one with a maxed 5*. Red is basically superfluous. If you bring around Iron Fist or Kingpin + Scarlet Witch, you should be going off reliably around turn 5.
    The red damage difference between 3 covers and 5 isn't that severe, either. However, the 40% health instead of 60% threshold for maximum effect is a bit of a bummer.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    At first read I would say 5/5/3. The boost from 3 to 5 red doesn't seem worth dropping either other power. . .
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    vudu3 wrote:
    Wow, his red passive got hit hard with the pre-release nerf bat.
    It's not even a nerf when the character hasn't been released yet but I agree the skill is quite a bit weaker than the original tested version that we were privey to.

That said, nearly 800 strike tile for FREE on skill activation is a complete and total win.
    I'm still seeing OLM as a 5/3/5 build for now.

As for the character itself he seems like a fun character to play albeit a slow one. OML will likely fall under Fury levels of play for 5* tier since you'll spend most of the matches just building up for the onslaught. Having to get a minimum of 9 black and 12 yellow to unleash him takes a lot of time especially without the support of characters like Loki or Hood. That being said, OML is clearly the superior 5* at the moment since Silver Surfers damage is pathetic when compared to 5* tier healthpools and character healing.

On a conceptual note I find it kind of hilarious that the beaten down passed his prime Logan is the 5* wolverine.
    You'd think OML would below in 2* land but since when has this game equated character power in Lore with star tier?
  • RIP RED.

Could have just reduced the damage by half on both sides (enemy and self) and call a day.