Happy 2-Yr. Anniversary, MPQ!

123457»

Comments

• wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    would it be a safe assumption to say that whoever crosses the finish line with your alliance for iso 8 brotherhood will be the group locked in for the first galactus run, or is there any buffer?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    wiz_biz wrote:
    would it be a safe assumption to say that whoever crosses the finish line with your alliance for iso 8 brotherhood will be the group locked in for the first galactus run, or is there any buffer?

the trigger is when you select the event placard and enter the event. Just like you can always preview and event's reward without actually committing to a time slice.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    wiz_biz wrote:
    If it's like Ultron, the first person in an alliance to join the event enters that alliance into the event, occupying 1 space. There are then 19 more spaces for people in that alliance to join. After joining, they can move to other alliances for other events. The alliance scores will track the players scores as a group. The danger that they warn you about with this process is that if you are jockeying members of the alliance, there is the chance that player 21 who hasn't joined the event, and is new to the alliance can join, but will be in an instance all by himself and they can do nothing about it.

Keep track of who in your alliance has joined and keep communication open about when its full.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    thank you both, JVReal and Phumade! my memory of how the alliance lock worked on ultron is foggy, and wasn't in a hardcore alliance back then so didn't pay as much attention to it. appreciate the info!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    wiz_biz wrote:
    thank you both, JVReal and Phumade! my memory of how the alliance lock worked on ultron is foggy, and wasn't in a hardcore alliance back then so didn't pay as much attention to it. appreciate the info!
    Just official confirmation: Yarp, the above is how it works.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    love to see at least a day between runs. How it is now if you get booted for some reason good luck finding a team before round 2 stars
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    love to see at least a day between runs. How it is now if you get booted for some reason good luck finding a team before round 2 stars
    Did they officially announce there would be a round 2?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes. First round will be for Cyclops (Classic) covers, the second for Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) covers.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Btw, I have to say I think this loading screen is my favorite so far. Love SS's hover and zoom.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes. First round will be for Cyclops (Classic) covers, the second for Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) covers.

But since they released Old Man Logan for October and the planned releases dates for 5*'s is once a month shouldn't Rulk be released in Nov. and that 5* were going to be in legendary packs only.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

But since they released Old Man Logan for October and the planned releases dates for 5*'s is once a month shouldn't Rulk be released in Nov. and that 5* were going to be in legendary packs only.

think red hulk is a 4 star
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

think red hulk is a 4 star
    ok my bad
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    No hints on the next 5* yet. I'm hoping they can keep it a surprise until the release.

(Seriously though, you guys are gonna love 5* Yelena)
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    wiz_biz wrote:
    Just official confirmation: Yarp, the above is how it works.

Are the alliances leaderboards scrollable this time?
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I just wanted to say thanks for scheduling the anniversary fun over Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. This Canuck will have lots of time to play.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Will we be getting a Galactus preview video like we got for Ultron? Is this going to be an all new event, or just a Ultron foreskin?
    Phrasing!

It's similar in structure to Ultron, just refined and more up front about how everything works.
    Seems the phrasing was accurate, this feels like a bit that was cut off Ultron but should've been thrown away