Happy 2-Yr. Anniversary, MPQ!

Comments

• GurlBYE wrote:
    Some people have had **** luck with tacos, and then some don't even need them at all. Tacos have the most value to a new player.

and 250 iso isn't really too much to be honest for the rarity of tacos vs the rarity of standard tokens.

Thankful still, doesn't hurt to have positive and negative feedback though.

... and as we know, the vast majority of the game base are newer players.

The plan was to just stockpile tacos until I could entirely clean out a vault (yep, I know, its a year or so), which also means being able to clean out two vaults... then waiting for a 4* I needed to grace a particular vault, and then in turn to spend tacos until gaining said 4*. Instead, more often than not, I end up spending several of them to get healthpacks, cause climbing to 1k has turned into a bit of a nightmare with a 3* team vs all these max'd-buff'd 3*, and then same for 4* over 800. A few tacos less in the bank somehow feels better than dropping 200 hp, since I'm always short on that commodity with the 1k roster slots and furious character release rate.

I spent the 200 on health packs a few times, and when I realized this need had become a new norm, realized it would cripple my HP economy.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    A free token is a free token, at minimum, 250 iso.. a chance at more, some hp, a 3*, 4*, leg token.. this is a no lose freebie.. and it is Taco day.. tacos IRL are like 75cents... were you expecting a HUGE gift for that??

though taco day was always on tuesday.. Taco tuesday.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, the anniversary is today ... so Happy 2nd, MPQ!

Party is off to a quiet start icon_lol.gif

I will celebrate for everyone tonight, 3 haunted houses tonight!
  • slidecage

party tomorrow..took 4 advils and crashing hopefully not getting another kidney stone
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:

party tomorrow..took 4 advils and crashing hopefully not getting another kidney stone

The anniversary doesn't start for another few couple of days.
  • ScrawL
    ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    notamutant wrote:
    The article in the beginning had an error about the start date, you might want to adjust the original post to correctly reflect the 8th as the start of the anniversary event.

I don't believe it was an error. I believe October 3rd is the actual anniversary date. But it has confused a lot of people so they may want to reword it or something.
  • ScrawL
    ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Will we be getting a Galactus preview video like we got for Ultron? Is this going to be an all new event, or just a Ultron foreskin?
    Phrasing!

It's similar in structure to Ultron, just refined and more up front about how everything works.

Omg phrasing! I just had to tell you, this made my day.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    didn't it run 3 times
    Cant remember who was the first was sort of easy
    I think hulkbuster was the 2nd run and was very very hard think only a few teams made it
    3rd run had ms marvel as prizes and who really cared that time icon_e_smile.gif

I dont think they ever did a 2nd run after hulkbuster, did they
    Correct. This last run worked really well for completion percentages for the Alliances that actually did it.

Emphasis on "for those who actually did it", since most people scoffed at the prize being 3*Carol. Hopefully, a large amount of successes for of a small amount of participants did not make anyone proud or anything......
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Emphasis on "for those who actually did it", since most people scoffed at the prize being 3*Carol. Hopefully, a large amount of successes for of a small amount of participants did not make anyone proud or anything......
    I needed her covers then to complete her.. i still need her covers now, actually, to re-spec again.. icon_e_smile.gif

Our alliance members weren't particularly proud of our achievement, we have yet to beat round 7.. but, we did better than the first 2 runs.. got more rewards and improved our team spirit and general involvement.. it's quite nice to be able to see the improvement in everyone's rosters..

We're shaking with excitement, waiting to see what the anniversary event brings us.

In some ways, events like this are more likely to pull alliances apart. It is very easy to compare teammates in this event compared to others, since there are no slices and the points are predictable in how many you can have with optimal clears. And since you can't shuffle your alliance around near the end, it creates resentment for alliance members that aren't pulling their weight.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    There are two runs, some organising before the first run. Drop those not pulling their weight for the second run.....

That's if scrollable alliance boards are up....otherwise you need a snitch in the bottom half
  • How and when we get free tacos?
    Prologue?
    Story?
    Pvp?

I played several games in all modes and got only one taco token. For first game a day. Then big zero.

How it works???
  • FOADakaSquirrelBoy
    FOADakaSquirrelBoy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    That IS how it works. One (1) entire Taco for you.
  • So that really sucks...
  • yup one step above a standard token one step below almost anything else they could have thought of.

let the festivities begin iso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.pngspideycoin.pngspideycoin.pngspideycoin.png

2 star ares
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Note that the taco token is to celebrate National Taco Day in the US, not part of the anniversary.

It's an extra intangible item of only entertainment value, no cost involved beyond electricity and an internet connection. Someone giving away free stuff is generally good, unless it involves a subsequent doctor visit.

It is also one of the better zeitgeist synergies - I am not aware of a National Legendary Day anywhere, for example (although, perhaps October 13th would be appropriate). However, giving out Wolverine or Nick Fury covers on September 19th could also work.
  • slidecage
    Kojubat wrote:
    Note that the taco token is to celebrate National Taco Day in the US, not part of the anniversary.

It's an extra intangible item of only entertainment value, no cost involved beyond electricity and an internet connection. Someone giving away free stuff is generally good, unless it involves a subsequent doctor visit.

It is also one of the better zeitgeist synergies - I am not aware of a National Legendary Day anywhere, for example (although, perhaps October 13th would be appropriate). However, giving out Wolverine or Nick Fury covers on September 19th could also work.

dont think this is one of the surprizes either since they already said we will get a token by just signing in. got 2 star moon
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    In some ways, events like this are more likely to pull alliances apart. It is very easy to compare teammates in this event compared to others, since there are no slices and the points are predictable in how many you can have with optimal clears. And since you can't shuffle your alliance around near the end, it creates resentment for alliance members that aren't pulling their weight.

As a group, our commanders have spent some time setting expectations already, and will continue to do so leading up to the event. Really no different than how we treat each season.

Yes, there's still room for hard feelings, and no, there's not a lot that can be done during the event. But extra communication and knowing who can/cannot perform during one of these now can help commanders make the necessary changes now, before you're doomed.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    didn't it run 3 times
    Cant remember who was the first was sort of easy
    I think hulkbuster was the 2nd run and was very very hard think only a few teams made it
    3rd run had ms marvel as prizes and who really cared that time icon_e_smile.gif

I dont think they ever did a 2nd run after hulkbuster, did they
    Correct. This last run worked really well for completion percentages for the Alliances that actually did it.

Your point is very strong. When you come out with a challenging event like Ultron, or the gauntlet the prize has to be worth the pain. When you are offering a 3* character who is not considered game changing a lot of alliances who could beat it might pass or call it early.
    For the super tough events like this if you can win 3 covers of a new 4* you will get a lot of alliances jumping in.

It comes down to how much gain is worth the pain of these events
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    October 3rd this game came out, I still can't believe almost a whole month went by before I discovered it.

I played the first two Puzzle Quest games so when I learned of another game had come out with a Marvel license to boot I wasted no time in signing up to the forums, I've been here ever since (I did take a ~4 month break), but am back and enjoying the game!

Congratulations Demiurge on your Marvel Puzzle Quest 2-Year Anniversary!
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I've only been playing for 245 days and I feel like the game has changed drastically in that time. I can't imagine the changes the vets have seen that have been around since the beginning.

Happy anniversary d3! Looking forward to the celebration! icon_mrgreen.gif