Happy 2-Yr. Anniversary, MPQ!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest fans - the celebration is about to begin!

10_1_15_Happy_Anniversary.jpg

On Saturday, October 3rd, Marvel Puzzle Quest will celebrate its 2-year anniversary! Can you believe it’s been two whole years since the game’s worldwide launch on the App Store™ and Google Play™? (The game arrived for Steam about two months later.) To celebrate this momentous occasion, we will be featuring brand new events, introducing new Super Heroes and Super Villains, offering up some special promotions, and…Devil Dinosaur will make his triumphant return starting on October 8th!

The upcoming Anniversary events begin with a brand new Galactus Boss Battle event (did you guess what was being teased?), a “Class of 2015” Tournament and a Devil Dinosaur Tournament. Players looking to add some brand new characters to their roster during the festivities will be pleased to note that Red Hulk and Cyclops (Classic) are coming to MPQ this month. As an extra bonus, EVERYONE will receive a special in-game token, be able to grab Double-Iso in Versus and story events (not including prologue), find attractive deals on Anniversary character packs, and more.

To read up on the anniversary, and check out an awesome new infographic, you’ll want to check in with Polygon RIGHT AWAY!

More news and fun reveals will be arriving in the coming days, so check in with the forum regularly. Thanks so much for playing MPQ and helping to make this one of the best game communities in the known universe. Have fun out there!

Galactus_Character_Art.jpg

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    So I finally have a use for my devil Dino? Wooooooohooooooo
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dance, Devil Dino, dance!
  • Finally I can use my DD, KK, PX dream team. Here's hoping they make DD a bit more useful, or at least put a dress on him or something.

Let the games begin!

And many thanks to the D3 team! Congrats on making it an epic 2 years!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happy Anniversary MPQ! I can't wait for the events!!!!
  • So excited to earn my bonus rewards! Hopefully, 4* drop rate is high.

I want to complete my 1/3/2 Devil Dinosaur!!! icon_devildino.png
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Happy Anniversary MPQ! I can't wait for the events!!!!

Me neither!

29082493.jpg

I kid, I kid... A little server lag is to be expected at the beginning of events such as these. icon_e_smile.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    The article in the beginning had an error about the start date, you might want to adjust the original post to correctly reflect the 8th as the start of the anniversary event.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    A little late posting this news but glad it's properly confirmed on the forums! I am very excited for this! icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]...be able to grab Double-Iso in Versus and story events (not including prologue)...

Is there anyone who would really farm the prologue if rewards doubled to 40 iso8.png?

That said, sounds like a fun time. Happy anniversary, MPQ.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    ZootSax wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]...be able to grab Double-Iso in Versus and story events (not including prologue)...

Is there anyone who would really farm the prologue if rewards doubled to 40 iso8.png?

The prologue actually has quite a few nodes with high ISO rewards.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    As somebody who has a very limited amount of time to play video games I would like to also emphasise the issues regarding server loads.

What assurances are you able to give us that we will not be met with hours, possibly days of "Please check your connection" screens?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]a Devil Dinosaur Tournament

If I need a top 5 placement to get my last green cover my 4/5/4 Devil Dino will not be happy. icon_twisted.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    vudu3 wrote:
    "David wrote:

If I need a top 5 placement to get my last green cover my 4/5/4 Devil Dino will not be happy. icon_twisted.gif

They could make a tournament where every 100 points was another Devil Dino cover. Build as you climb!

Probably not the best idea for Devil Dino, but it would be a fun idea if they ever released a novelty 1* character. Hit 1300 and you've got them fully covered.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    class of 2015 tourney
    super hero event
    super villain event

man I'd love to hear more about these. also if the alliances will lock in like ultron and it will be a similar mechanic. looking forward to it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to see how 1* Spidey scales!
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Linkster79 wrote:
    As somebody who has a very limited amount of time to play video games I would like to also emphasise the issues regarding server loads.

What assurances are you able to give us that we will not be met with hours, possibly days of "Please check your connection" screens?

Harumph, grumble grumble. Not even one positive in this?

Maybe a valid question but man, the ink is barely dry on the announcement.

And really, servers have been pretty solid in the last few months post Ultron. Even the repeat of that saw minimal interruption.

I trust that they do actually learn from experience and work to mitigate outages. I'm not sure what "assurances" they could give you that would actually "assure" you.
  • Please just give us something that non-maxed teams have a reasonable chance of enjoying... Please? icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    "David wrote:

I think you mean your last "Purple" cover! Why bite your opponent when you can just frail your arms around! icon_devildino.png
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    xequalsy wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    "David wrote:

The prologue actually has quite a few nodes with high ISO rewards.
    Last anniversary event they were double iso in the prologue, I farmed a bunch of nodes I had not completed to get them at double iso. It was nice.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    should of started today... 5 days after the party to start boooooo icon_e_smile.gif

nothing starts till next thursday right (no packs on sale ect)