Happy 2-Yr. Anniversary, MPQ!

Comments

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Any way to get a bigger version of the infographic? The text is a bit small at that size.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    As somebody who has a very limited amount of time to play video games I would like to also emphasise the issues regarding server loads.

What assurances are you able to give us that we will not be met with hours, possibly days of "Please check your connection" screens?

Harumph, grumble grumble. Not even one positive in this?

Maybe a valid question but man, the ink is barely dry on the announcement.

And really, servers have been pretty solid in the last few months post Ultron. Even the repeat of that saw minimal interruption.

I trust that they do actually learn from experience and work to mitigate outages. I'm not sure what "assurances" they could give you that would actually "assure" you.

1. Not really been any events of this magnitude since the Ultron event so there has not been any major test on them.

2. Having been burnt numerous times in the past by server outages when any major events start evidence would suggest they don't learn from experience.

3. I am not here to blow smoke up anyone's ****. I get paid to do a job that I try to do well. I expect them to do the same. I make a balls of things I get my boss breathing down my neck and riding my back. I expect the same standards from others.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Linkster79 wrote:
    1. Not really been any events of this magnitude since the Ultron event so there has not been any major test on them.

2. Having been burnt numerous times in the past by server outages when any major events start evidence would suggest they don't learn from experience.

3. I am not here to blow smoke up anyone's ****. I get paid to do a job that I try to do well. I expect them to do the same. I make a balls of things I get my boss breathing down my neck and riding my back. I expect the same standards from others.
    1) True, this is our first big new event since Ultron.
    2) Every time the servers have gone down, it's been for an entirely different reason. We most certainly do learn, but the hamsters seem to get ill with a different disease every event season.
    3) We're definitely planning to be staffed up when the events hit to make sure things are as smooth as possible.

In short, as stated above, I don't think there's anything that we could say to assure you. We've run every test we can think of to make sure that the ways that the servers came to their knees before will be non issues. But there's no way to say for sure (other than being psychic) that the servers won't explode spectacularly in an all new way that we didn't envision.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    So will devil Dino be in the anniversary tokens and will he have the same crazy drop rate he did last year?
  • IceIX
    So will devil Dino be in the anniversary tokens and will he have the same crazy drop rate he did last year?
    That's the plan, yep. Not so sure about the crazy drop rate, but most definitely higher than a normal featured 4*.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    That's the plan, yep. Not so sure about the crazy drop rate, but most definitely higher than a normal featured 4*.

I think as long as anything but his purple is the progression reward at 1k in his pvp event, many of us will be happy.
  • IceIX
    slidecage wrote:
    should of started today... 5 days after the party to start boooooo icon_e_smile.gif

nothing starts till next thursday right (no packs on sale ect)
    Needs R85 which is still shaking out at first party. We've had to shift things a little to make sure that we make dates. Wouldn't be cool to start the party for Android/PC and leave everyone else out!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

1) True, this is our first big new event since Ultron.
    2) Every time the servers have gone down, it's been for an entirely different reason. We most certainly do learn, but the hamsters seem to get ill with a different disease every event season.
    3) We're definitely planning to be staffed up when the events hit to make sure things are as smooth as possible.

In short, as stated above, I don't think there's anything that we could say to assure you. We've run every test we can think of to make sure that the ways that the servers came to their knees before will be non issues. But there's no way to say for sure (other than being psychic) that the servers won't explode spectacularly in an all new way that we didn't envision.

Point 3 is really what assures me the most. Any issues tend to happen on POETS day so to know that there will be staff on hand to react if the midden impacts the windmill puts my mind at ease a little. I understand that some times **** happens so please if things go belly up ensure folks are on hand to update the forums asap, even if it is just to say sorry and we are working on it. Most of the frustration in the past has been due to lack of communication.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX, do the alliances lock-in, like they did with Ultron?

I'm curious as I'd like to know whether my team needs to begin the good ol' fashioned team shuffle, or if this is a more "individual" (aka merc possible) sort of event.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for providing a game that has supplied me with an endless supply of fun, friends and frustration! Can't wait to see where it goes from here!
  • IceIX
    san-mpq wrote:

I'm curious as I'd like to know whether my team needs to begin the good ol' fashioned team shuffle, or if this is a more "individual" (aka merc possible) sort of event.
    Yep, same kind of Alliance lock as Ultron.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]The upcoming Anniversary events begin with a brand new Galactus Boss Battle event (did you guess what was being teased?), a “Class of 2015” Tournament and a Devil Dinosaur Tournament. Players looking to add some brand new characters to their roster during the festivities will be pleased to note that Red Hulk and Cyclops (Classic) are coming to MPQ this month. As an extra bonus, EVERYONE will receive a special in-game token, be able to grab Double-Iso in Versus and story events (not including prologue), find attractive deals on Anniversary character packs, and more.

I'm truly hyped up about this upcoming anniversary week - last year was such a blast (even if it totally screwed my sleep pattern icon_lol.gif ).....

One thing I noticed (or didn't notice as it were) was a lack of mentioning if there would be a sale on HP/ISO....does this mean there won't be, or it can't be mentioned for whatever reason?
  • IceIX
    rbdragon wrote:
    I'm truly hyped up about this upcoming anniversary week - last year was such a blast (even if it totally screwed my sleep pattern icon_lol.gif ).....

One thing I noticed (or didn't notice as it were) was a lack of mentioning if there would be a sale on HP/ISO....does this mean there won't be, or it can't be mentioned for whatever reason?
    That last one. I'm not allowed to confirm or deny the existence of an anniversary sale.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    The graphic mentions " greentile.png Special Sales"
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    san-mpq wrote:

And, IceIX, to add to this - can you at least tell us that you'll give us a preview of the rules surrounding the Galactus boss fight a day or two ahead of time? If by Tuesday you can tell us about the Alliance rules, expectations around max points and sub-shutdown once final boss is downed (remember the problems with the first Ultron), etc. it would be super helpful.

Giving us 1-2 days notice for the structure and known rules/limitations will really help the Alliances plan a strategy that allows us maximum enjoyment of the event.
  • IceIX
    san-mpq wrote:

And, IceIX, to add to this - can you at least tell us that you'll give us a preview of the rules surrounding the Galactus boss fight a day or two ahead of time? If by Tuesday you can tell us about the Alliance rules, expectations around max points and sub-shutdown once final boss is downed (remember the problems with the first Ultron), etc. it would be super helpful.

Giving us 1-2 days notice for the structure and known rules/limitations will really help the Alliances plan a strategy that allows us maximum enjoyment of the event.
    Galactus works a bit differently in that there are score targets for the Alliance and personal progression. As opposed to Galactus which has multiple rounds, Galactus runs in one unbroken but changing single sub. So think of it like the old school Unstable Iso-8, except that instead of time based flips of nodes, it's round based takedowns of Galactus's health instead. If it works out (and we're expecting it to) this will probably be backported to any future Ultron runs as well. When an Alliance score target is reached, that prize is given to the Alliance. When a personal progression is reached, that player gets their progression.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Will we be getting a Galactus preview video like we got for Ultron? Is this going to be an all new event, or just a Ultron reskin?
  • IceIX
    fmftint wrote:
    Will we be getting a Galactus preview video like we got for Ultron? Is this going to be an all new event, or just a Ultron foreskin?
    Phrasing!

It's similar in structure to Ultron, just refined and more up front about how everything works.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Will we be getting a Galactus preview video like we got for Ultron? Is this going to be an all new event, or just a Ultron foreskin?
    Phrasing!

It's similar in structure to Ultron, just refined and more up front about how everything works.
    Auto correct fail, I manually entered reskin
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Will we be seeing anniversary style lightning rounds this year too? 20 man brackets were great!