Happy 2-Yr. Anniversary, MPQ!

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    kensterr wrote:
    "But you are asking, well that is a week away? For those of you wondering that, we have plans for a couple of surprises between now and October 8th to share"

Wonder what we will see? Maybe the off season PvP (colossus and dp) will give anniversary tokens instead of normal ones. Or maybe they will give out the free token IceIX was talking about
  • I think it's funny they will discuss the stuff farthest away from now, but won't let us know what is happening BEFORE the 8th.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:

From that link:
    Well the events kick-off on October 8th. A brand new Galactus Hunger Boss Battle event (you may have noticed event tile tease) is coming and players can compete to earn Cyclops (Classic) in the first run and then again to compete to earn Red Hulk in the second run.

Here is the schedule of the events to watch out for.

Marvel Puzzle Quest Anniversary Events:

10/8 – Galactus Hungers (NEW Boss Battle!)

10/8 – Black Vortex

10/11 – Class of 2015 (NEW Versus Event!)

10/12 – Simulator Challenge

10/13 – Women of Marvel

10/15 – Devil Dino (NEW Versus Event!)

It says two runs, but sim starts on the 12th, so it looks like sim will run at the same time as the second run of Galactus. Not a tough choice for me on which one I'll play.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    kensterr wrote:

"But you are asking, well that is a week away?"

Actually... I can't ask that... as it's a statement, not a question. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Sounds like Red-Hulk is only 4*. I don't think they will make a 5* winnable through an event.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    bigwhoop wrote:
    Sounds like Red-Hulk is only 4*. I don't think they will make a 5* winnable through an event.
    Red Hulk is a 4*, yes.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    bigwhoop wrote:

I think they are both 4*...they wouldn't have two 3* versions of the same character and Cyc classic was hinted at being only 2* so that is not much of a prize for this event, expect 4*'s for sure.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    bigwhoop wrote:
    Red Hulk is a 4*, yes.

Can you confirm Cyclops (Classic) is a 4* also?
  • IceIX
    Philly79 wrote:
    Can you confirm Cyclops (Classic) is a 4* also?
    Yep, also a 4*.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    bigwhoop wrote:
    Red Hulk is a 4*, yes.

Since we have a preview of 4* Cyclops' skills, when can we expect to see one for Red Hulk? What will his name be? Hulk (Red)?
  • lol haven't seen this posted anywhere, but love this new video they just put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJlvIkkCgU4
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    They need to make a hulk blue or yellow then be able to group them all into one battle where you could pull off a hulk super move if you have all 3 hulks on your team icon_e_smile.gif

Come back to Marvel Puzzle Quest between now and the 8th and find out what is on its way to the game, Should said come back between monday to the 8th cause i highly doubt anything new over the weekend. love to see something but doubt it.. Maybe monday and weds

Wonder if hulk red will be insane hard like the 2nd round of ultron was back in the day
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    barrok wrote:
    lol haven't seen this posted anywhere, but love this new video they just put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJlvIkkCgU4

Lou Ferigno!

And if someone bothered me while i was playing like that.. i would KO them as well.. Clever and fun ad!
  • IceIX
    IceIX wrote:
    bigwhoop wrote:
    Red Hulk is a 4*, yes.

Since we have a preview of 4* Cyclops' skills, when can we expect to see one for Red Hulk? What will his name be? Hulk (Red)?
    I'll be putting up a precis for Red Hulk similar to Cyclops in a few. Also have an update on the 5*s abilities coming. That Red Passive was too beautiful to live.

Red Hulk is named Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) and is fully playable with Banner.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Are there going to be essential characters for Galactus? If so, any idea who all it would be? Given Galactus' history with the FF, I imagine players would want to know now if they need to hold on to one of those Bagmen they usually sell off.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Red Hulk is named Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) and is fully playable with Banner.

I sense a She-Hulk, Hulk, Red Hulk Gauntlet node in our future
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    bigwhoop wrote:
    Red Hulk is a 4*, yes.

I'll be putting up a precis for Red Hulk similar to Cyclops in a few. Also have an update on the 5*s abilities coming. That Red Passive was too beautiful to live.

whos banner.. Also too bad they could not make the roaster alphabetical order

is the 5 star being added monday one of the surprises

Im still waiting to be able to pull of a supermove if you have 3 hulks on your team icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just noticed the Sulver Surfer in the daily supply on day 730! I'll get that in a month! Sweet! I haven't been able to snag too many Legendary Tokens yet.
  • IceIX
    slidecage wrote:
    whos banner.. Also too bad they could not make the roaster alphabetical order

is the 5 star being added monday one of the surprises

Im still waiting to be able to pull of a supermove if you have 3 hulks on your team icon_e_smile.gif
    Sorry. Banner = Hulk (Indestructible). Also, for the record, playable with She-Hulk (Modern).

No, the 5* being added Monday isn't really one of the surprises, just not revealed till then. So "a surprise" technically, but not part of the other surprises.