Happy 2-Yr. Anniversary, MPQ!

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Ice, will the effort needed to win characters in the Galactus event be about the same or easier than 4*s in the Ultron boss battles? I ask because the availability of 4* characters has increased significantly since the Hulkbuster release.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Hey Ice, will the effort needed to win characters in the Galactus event be about the same or easier than 4*s in the Ultron boss battles? I ask because the availability of 4* characters has increased significantly since the Hulkbuster release.
    It's about equal to last time, but the battles are against a mix of villains instead of OMG Flyers. Last time was pretty good in terms of Alliance completion rate. The time before, not so much, which was why we handed out that compensation.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    It's about equal to last time, but the battles are against a mix of villains instead of OMG Flyers. Last time was pretty good in terms of Alliance completion rate. The time before, not so much, which was why we handed out that compensation.
    Last time as in the first time the Ultron event ran or last time as in the second time when the progression requirements were turned up to eleven?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Last time as in the first time the Ultron event ran or last time as in the second time when the progression requirements were turned up to eleven?

didn't it run 3 times
    Cant remember who was the first was sort of easy
    I think hulkbuster was the 2nd run and was very very hard think only a few teams made it
    3rd run had ms marvel as prizes and who really cared that time icon_e_smile.gif

I dont think they ever did a 2nd run after hulkbuster, did they
  • IceIX
    slidecage wrote:
    didn't it run 3 times
    I think hulkbuster was the 2nd run and was very very hard think only a few teams made it

Correct. This last run worked really well for completion percentages for the Alliances that actually did it.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right, I believe the initial 2 back-to-back runs were for Scarlet Witch (3*) and Hulkbuster (4*), while the instance a few months later was for Captain Marvel (3*) but with much higher difficulty in the Tetris Ultron stages.

I ask since I am in a more casual alliance and may merc out the second Galactus run if it seems we will not hit a single cover of progression.

(And thanks for the response IceIX!)
  • IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    didn't it run 3 times

Correct. This last run worked really well for completion percentages for the Alliances that actually did it.
    Agreed, everyone being able to hit max progression worked much better.

While at it, do you consider this new event harder or just different regarding the difficulty compared to ultron bots?
  • IceIX
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Agreed, everyone being able to hit max progression worked much better.

While at it, do you consider this new event harder or just different regarding the difficulty compared to ultron bots?
    In regards to the 5 non-Galactus battles, I personally find them easier as they're more straightforward battles like in Simulator or Gauntlet (curated specific fights) instead of bots that blow up the board constantly. That being said, we aren't avoiding AP feeders this time around, so seeing Hood with a Muscle could be cause for alarm.

Galactus himself is similar to Ultron in that it's more of a puzzle than an outright battle, but it's definitely not an easy fight. Hard to say which is more difficult since the actual enemy mechanics are different.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    That being said, we aren't avoiding AP feeders this time around, so seeing Hood with a Muscle could be cause for alarm.

Hmmm. . . here I thought Galactus eating the planet might have been occasion for heroes and villains to band together against a common enemy. It's not too late to get Hood and his goons to switch sides!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

seriously the Ultron Sentries are cordially invited to go roll around in a metal compactor

such **** they are
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I rather face ultron sentries a dozen times over than fight ap fed villians
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    spectator wrote:
    I rather face ultron sentries a dozen times over than fight ap fed villians

Hear hear, Ultron sentries are fine.

Hood + Muscle
    Ares/Jugs + Goons
    Carnage + Goons

Have they done
    Kingpin + Don + Muscle
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    barrok wrote:
    lol haven't seen this posted anywhere, but love this new video they just put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJlvIkkCgU4

They're just one 5* release away from having

moUKlDU.jpg?1

in their next commercial. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    barrok wrote:
    lol haven't seen this posted anywhere, but love this new video they just put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJlvIkkCgU4

My planes never have WI-FI... icon_e_sad.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    one of the surprises free taco token... just a free 2 star
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:

Yeah, don't get why everybody is so excited. Getting 11/300 of a vault instead of 10/300 isn't anything spectacular. It'll just be healthpacks or a 2* for most.
  • Can't await it. I'm excited! icon_mrgreen.gif Great ideas for 2nd birthday!
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    JordonLee wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Yeah, don't get why everybody is so excited. Getting 11/300 of a vault instead of 10/300 isn't anything spectacular. It'll just be healthpacks or a 2* for most.

For me it will just be another token to sit around until the right featured character pops up. There aren't that many things left I need in 3* land, at least on my main account. I've got about fifty tokens saved up at the moment. D3 is bound to release a new 3* someday!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    A free token is a free token, at minimum, 250 iso.. a chance at more, some hp, a 3*, 4*, leg token.. this is a no lose freebie.. and it is Taco day.. tacos IRL are like 75cents... were you expecting a HUGE gift for that??
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some people have had **** luck with tacos, and then some don't even need them at all. Tacos have the most value to a new player.

and 250 iso isn't really too much to be honest for the rarity of tacos vs the rarity of standard tokens.

Thankful still, doesn't hurt to have positive and negative feedback though.