MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2015 (Updated 10/21/15)

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Jathro wrote:
    When can we expect Iceman to be added to tokens? Considering it's been almost a week since we were told he would be
    With Season 20. He was fully intended to be added to Anniversary tokens, but we got hit by the server issues. By the time everything was stable again and the engineers that would have done the work were available, it was at the point that changing the tokens wasn't feasible since quite a few players had bought packs that would be (rightfully) angry if they missed out on a character who wasn't there before. Think the changed odds for the Anniversary packs, but across the entire game.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    Isn't that AFTER the event is suppose to start?
    I'm certainly intending to get things up earlier than that, but I'd rather allow for acts of god and pad myself a little.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    So the Galactus event will begin as scheduled which would be in something like 13 hours from now or something?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    No confirmation of Devil Dino DDQ node? Free Legendary (you know for the Anniversary) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
      Daken (Classic) - Purple Squirrel Girl - Yellow Doctor Doom - Black Mystique - Purple
    Hulk - Green
    Crash of the Titans Required: Elektra

LOL... greenflag.png Hulk??

seriously.. nobody need that
  • ashmanic
    ashmanic Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Red Hulk-been waiting ages for this
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if I'm reading this correctly, both the Cyke and Grocket pvp's will be offseason, right?

Damn, another week's wait to open up my Legendary token stockpile.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    So if I'm reading this correctly, both the Cyke and Grocket pvp's will be offseason, right?

Damn, another week's wait to open up my Legendary token stockpile.
    Sounds about right. Bet they'll start the season with a Red Hulk PvP...
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated this thread with pretty much all completely new information. I apologize for letting this get out of date.

More Galactus info tomorrow, testing went well today, just waiting on some final stability tests once it's patched in to make sure we've got accurate stuff for you all. So expect that before noon PST!

Apology and ownership go a long way in my book. Thanks for the updates IceIX. I apologize if I came off as extra snarky or impatient, but was just trying to keep the thread updated and moved to the first page in case it wasn't, so it could be updated.
  • so three hours into the event we will get specifics about the event. this just gave me the best laugh ive had in a while. thanks Ice. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    That should be before anybody starts fighting Galactus anyway, because if you sign up for a second round of that #$!@show without a detailed explanation of why it sucks less this time around you have only yourself to blame.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated this thread with pretty much all completely new information. I apologize for letting this get out of date.

More Galactus info tomorrow, testing went well today, just waiting on some final stability tests once it's patched in to make sure we've got accurate stuff for you all. So expect that before noon PST!
    Remember when "all events are locked in 3 weeks out"? Now it's "it might be ready by launch time"
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Remember when "all events are locked in 3 weeks out"? Now it's "it might be ready by launch time"

I will take that over "here try this rushed event and let us know whats wrong while you die" any day.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    IceIX wrote:
    Jathro wrote:
    When can we expect Iceman to be added to tokens? Considering it's been almost a week since we were told he would be
    With Season 20. He was fully intended to be added to Anniversary tokens, but we got hit by the server issues. By the time everything was stable again and the engineers that would have done the work were available, it was at the point that changing the tokens wasn't feasible since quite a few players had bought packs that would be (rightfully) angry if they missed out on a character who wasn't there before. Think the changed odds for the Anniversary packs, but across the entire game.

I appreciate the explanation. It's certain a reasonable explanation for not having Bobby added.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    thanos8587 wrote:
    so three hours into the event we will get specifics about the event. this just gave me the best laugh ive had in a while. thanks Ice. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

It's probably a left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing issue. icon_e_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I will take that over "here try this rushed event and let us know whats wrong while you die" any day.

thing is "we were supposed to fail (die)", they got the premise (goal of the event) right, but wondered why we didn't like/accept it (because buying Health packs and boosts sucks).
  • One hour remaining, if they plan on starting at the same time as Galactus 1.0.

What is taking them so long to announce their changes, if any?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Jathro wrote:
    When can we expect Iceman to be added to tokens? <snip>
    With Season 20.
    <snip>
    Please clarify if you mean the beginning of Season 20.

i.e. "He will be added on 10/22"
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Jathro wrote:
    When can we expect Iceman to be added to tokens? <snip>
    With Season 20.
    <snip>
    Please clarify if you mean the beginning of Season 20.

i.e. "He will be added on 10/22"
    Token updates always happen at the beginning of the season, not halfway through.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Token updates always happen at the beginning of the season, not halfway through.
    How is 10/22 halfway through? Looks like the beginning of Season20 to me...