MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2015 (Updated 10/21/15)

Options

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No Balance of Power or Women of Marvel-esque off-season events? /sadface
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    please tell me you guys are NOT planning on running the anniversary event alongside Season 20

tell me you ARE going to postpone Season 20 until AFTER anniversary is over
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    please tell me you guys are NOT planning on running the anniversary event alongside Season 20

They did make Season 19 shorter to accommodate the Anniversary Week, so I don't see why they would ruin it by running Season 20 before Anniversary Week ends.
  • I am new to MPQ, So this is my first anniversary. I joined a month after the ultron event so I don't know what to expect, but I am excited! Cyclops <3icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    mjh wrote:

They did make Season 19 shorter to accommodate the Anniversary Week, so I don't see why they would ruin it by running Season 20 before Anniversary Week ends.

Didn't they have an anniversary season last year? A week long season complete with rewards? Or am I remembering that wrong?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:
    mjh wrote:

Didn't they have an anniversary season last year? A week long season complete with rewards? Or am I remembering that wrong?
    Oh yeah I remember now that you mention it. The background pic of the event was a party with a bunch of characters like Devil Dino "dancing" in the background.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:
    mjh wrote:

They did, 3 events, 3000 points for an Anniversary 10-pack, 2400 for Dino. Alliance rewards were also 10-packs.

The Anniversary PvE though starts on a Thursday, so unless it's a 3-day event, it's going to go into the following week. Which hopefully is the normal 'off-season', and season 20 will start up Oct 16th.
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Question:

Is Iceman being added to the Legendary packs for the Anniversary, or do we have to wait until Season 20?
    Any comment on this?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Question:

Is Iceman being added to the Legendary packs for the Anniversary, or do we have to wait until Season 20?
    Any comment on this?
    The 4*s will be added as of Season 20. The Anniversary is a "season", but we're not counting it as one for purposes of token housekeeping. Also, to answer another question above, we're not going to be running the 20 person leaderboard LRs this time around.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Question:

Any comment on this?
    The 4*s will be added as of Season 20. The Anniversary is a "season", but we're not counting it as one for purposes of token housekeeping. Also, to answer another question above, we're not going to be running the 20 person leaderboard LRs this time around.

Will he be in the Anniversary tokens?
  • IceIX
    Options
    He's currently planned to be packed into the packs for Season 20.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    He's currently planned to be packed into the packs for Season 20.

If I continue to phrase it differently will somehow the answer change?
  • IceIX
    Options
    If I continue to phrase it differently will somehow the answer change?
    Oh, all right. Iceman will be placed in packs with the Anniversary start.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

we're not going to be running the 20 person leaderboard LRs this time around.

Sooooo.. 50 person? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so for season 20, getting added to all token chances are iceman, 4cyc, and rulk and to the legs, the new 5* as well. wow, that's a lot of adding. have to wait 2 weeks....man this is hard lol
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So the 5* won't be available in Legendarys until season 20? Such a long wait icon_e_sad.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    so for season 20, getting added to all token chances are iceman, 4cyc, and rulk and to the legs, the new 5* as well. wow, that's a lot of adding. have to wait 2 weeks....man this is hard lol
    Current plans:
    Monday - New 5* (post daily patch/R85 going required) goes into Legendaries
    Anniversary - Iceman goes into packs
    Season 20 - Cyclops/Red Hulk go into packs

I'm not 100% on Red Hulk for Season 20 due to the way events overlap.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Current plans:

Sorry to be that guy, but yeah I will be that guy. Does that mean you aren't going to announce the new 5*?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Current plans:

ok, that is much better - as much as I'd love to hold off for cyc and rulk, sounds like Monday is party day for my legs lol. 13 of them. will be a huge boost to my 4*s.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Sorry to be that guy, but yeah I will be that guy. Does that mean you aren't going to announce the new 5*?
    Monday morning, a couple hours before they release. Wacky PR embargoes. icon_razz.gif