MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In October, 2015 (Updated 10/21/15)

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Yep, Deadpool already. The idea here is that he's still pretty new, so we can see how players do when most *don't* have a character covered.

Question - if I don't bother taking my now 2-1-1 XPool (Thanks, Thick as Thieves Legendary!) into the matchup at all because I know the odds and don't want to bother/waste boosts, is that something the devs will see in the data and take into account? Overall participation rate? Or will the data only really look at people who throw themselves at the wall and bounce off?
    Yep, definitely. We probably won't dig so deep that we'll be looking at individual players in that kind of detail, but comparative engagement of the node itself is definitely something we look at.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Yep, Deadpool already. The idea here is that he's still pretty new, so we can see how players do when most *don't* have a character covered.

Question - if I don't bother taking my now 2-1-1 XPool (Thanks, Thick as Thieves Legendary!) into the matchup at all because I know the odds and don't want to bother/waste boosts, is that something the devs will see in the data and take into account? Overall participation rate? Or will the data only really look at people who throw themselves at the wall and bounce off?
    Yep, definitely. We probably won't dig so deep that we'll be looking at individual players in that kind of detail, but comparative engagement of the node itself is definitely something we look at.

Sigh. I hate to be critical here, as I know that you need the hard data that arguably can't be obtained in any other way... but to me, this basically equates to "we're giving the lucky people with well-covered Xpools a Legendary in exchange for their helping us determine how many of you can't play this node". Alrighty, then.... icon_neutral.gif
  • While Im a huge fan of the Jim Lee/Capcom Cyclops, I was kind of hoping the new Cyclops would be the teen version, because I like those costumes even more. icon_e_sad.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    While Im a huge fan of the Jim Lee/Capcom Cyclops, I was kind of hoping the new Cyclops would be the teen version, because I like those costumes even more. icon_e_sad.gif
    The 2* Cyclops, oft bandied about here, was to be the All-New X-Men young Scott but we flipped him out in favor of some 4* Jim Lee goodness. He's shelved for now, but could easily pop up again in the future.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2*s still need a black nuke. cyc would be perfect.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

Sonic BOOM! which is a double AoE!
  • IceIX
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Sonic BOOM! which is a double AoE!
    Freakin' Sonic Boom messing up my Hulkbuster Deadpool Daily yesterday...
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    The 2* Cyclops, oft bandied about here, was to be the All-New X-Men young Scott but we flipped him out in favor of some 4* Jim Lee goodness. He's shelved for now, but could easily pop up again in the future.
    You-Have-Chosen-Wisely.jpg
  • IceIX wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    While Im a huge fan of the Jim Lee/Capcom Cyclops, I was kind of hoping the new Cyclops would be the teen version, because I like those costumes even more. icon_e_sad.gif

Waaay off topic, but the phrase, "pop up again in the future" got me thinking.

Could you please give us a playable "Hand" ninja?

I would LOVE the opportunity to get some revenge for the many times I've faced those so-and-sos in the form of screwing with other teams ala, "You may have killed me, but now I'm still killing you!" icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    with the number of 4*s they're shooting for, gorgon might see his day?
  • IceIX
    Options
    I would LOVE the opportunity to get some revenge for the many times I've faced those so-and-sos in the form of screwing with other teams ala, "You may have killed me, but now I'm still killing you!" icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
    Sounds like that would be a perfect ability for Nitro.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

I'd love to still see him added someday! I really liked the design of his moves (on the version discovered way back when the spoilers flowed as freely as bourbon in Kentucky) and think there'd definitely be a place in this game for all 3 Cyclopii.
  • IceIX
    Options
    I'd love to still see him added someday! I really liked the design of his moves (on the version discovered way back when the spoilers flowed as freely as bourbon in Kentucky) and think there'd definitely be a place in this game for all 3 Cyclopii.
    Certainly possible. After our next upcoming X-Men releases in the pipe though, we're planning on taking a bit of a hiatus from the family. Been an X (and FF) rush lately.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Certainly possible. After our next upcoming X-Men releases in the pipe though, we're planning on taking a bit of a hiatus from the family. Been an X (and FF) rush lately.

KDLuVoX.jpg

I know a comic with lots of characters to choose from....!
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

KDLuVoX.jpg

I know a comic with lots of characters to choose from....!

pls sinister six.

....pls mysterio.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, Ice, I'm a bir confused about the upcoming pvp's and end of season. Will Shulk be the last pvp of this season, and not Deadpool? Or is the in-game countdown for season 19 off?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    So, Ice, I'm a bir confused about the upcoming pvp's and end of season. Will Shulk be the last pvp of this season, and not Deadpool? Or is the in-game countdown for season 19 off?
    The in-game timer is correct.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    nevermind. I'm dumb.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.
    Does that mean that Colossus and Deadpool are offseason pvp's? Or do the anniversary pvp's start after season end?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.
    Does that mean that Colossus and Deadpool are offseason pvp's? Or do the anniversary pvp's start after season end?
    Colossus and Deadpool will be off-season.