Iron Man Hulkbuster's 4* nodeHow did you do?

1234568»

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think the magic is going to happen for my 2/1/1 level 94 Hulkbuster - I've tried half a dozen times and haven't managed to get him below about 13,000 HP on any of my attempts.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Lboogie wrote:
    Needless to say my 5/5/3 230 HB turned him to a green stain on the ground first try. Collected ap for all three powers, and after one thunder clap fired blue then black then red. The punch did 10k plus lol. I knew it wouldnt be hard...refreshing after 20 attempts on mags with my undercovered/leveled fury. Sorry if i come off braggish but this will be my last easy victory no doubt . I shall enjoy. Good luck to all

Sorry if I sound braggish, but my hulk didn't even get to fire a single thunder clap. He was dead before he could even collect that much green. HB FTW.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    metabelian wrote:
    morph3us wrote:

It's probably going to be the same for Prof X - a low level PX with a purple cover will probably be able to beat the 4* DDQ node given enough time too.

Yup, gonna be funny to see how many level 70 one cover prof-x get wins.

I won the IW 4* with a lvl 86 2/0/0 IW, and after your post I realized that I have a 0/1/0 purple PX. Maybe I can win his DDQ!

(Hulk wiped the floor with my 0/0/2 HB, so that was a non issue)
  • rdevil32
    rdevil32 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2015
    I did it with my 1/2/3 on my 8th try, maybe? Lost count of getting wiped and healing, wiped, healed and then the moment came with lucky board and cascades.

One thing i noticed was when i deliberately did not clear green or red on few occasions, the AI didnt as well! So i managed to stack up blue and black lol.

Keep trying guys, patience and perseverance wins!

icon_razz.gif
  • My 0/1/3 Lv 111 HB with around 7000HP did awful. I've tried about 8 times and at my best have only got Hulk down to ~40% before time and Hulk abilities or Sonic Boom catches up to me. The blue shields help negate off color matches but everything else gets through easily. Those shields are so pitiful it's almost not worth playing since it makes it easier for Hulk to match red for Smash. I've gotten the Legendary token off the 1st three 4* DDQ nodes, but not this one.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    rbdragon wrote:
    0/10 so far...

My 3/1/2 HB got as close as 3000 once, but I had terrible board luck with a lot of green.....will go again when I wake up but it's not easy for low level HB for sure.....

It took about 25 tries and a lot of ISO for boosts, but I finally took down Hulk.....and got greenflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png for my troubles... icon_lol.gif
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I couldn't do it with 1/2/1 level 94 HB. I got him down to around 5000 health once, but a single clap killed me. I think you'd need either 3 red covers or a much higher level to have a chance.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i actually got 3 hulk buster covers this week to bring him up to 2/1/2.

still got pummelled.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I finally was able to do this last night after drinking a few and perhaps unwisely ponying up the HP to get another red cover, pushing my HB to 4/3/0. Wouldn't done it if not buzzed, but that extra cover made a world of difference once leveled with ISO. Along with the using regular match color boosts, I took hulk out in two more turns. Still had to play smart, didn't fire off Repulser punch unless there were available black matches on the board. Got lucky and took away the Anger CD right afterwards.

And the plus side, I did get my 1st Surfer for my financial trouble. I wish it had been a blue since I won't be using him for anything but a tank for while, but red is good too.

BTW, when they start letting you use ISO to buy some boosts again? I remember they did this the first 6 months of the game then they switched it to HP. Now it seems to be a mix of both. How long has that been the case? After they went to HP in first year, I stopped looking. (I rarely use boosts though I'm burning through them now for these 4* challenges.)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    I finally was able to do this last night after drinking a few and perhaps unwisely ponying up the HP to get another red cover, pushing my HB to 4/3/0. Wouldn't done it if not buzzed, but that extra cover made a world of difference once leveled with ISO. Along with the using regular match color boosts, I took hulk out in two more turns. Still had to play smart, didn't fire off Repulser punch unless there were available black matches on the board. Got lucky and took away the Anger CD right afterwards.

And the plus side, I did get my 1st Surfer for my financial trouble. I wish it had been a blue since I won't be using him for anything but a tank for while, but red is good too.

BTW, when they start letting you use ISO to buy some boosts again? I remember they did this the first 6 months of the game then they switched it to HP. Now it seems to be a mix of both. How long has that been the case? After they went to HP in first year, I stopped looking. (I rarely use boosts though I'm burning through them now for these 4* challenges.)
    The rainbow boosts cost HP. The two-color boosts cost ISO. It's been that way for a long time, can't say for certain how long.