Iron Man Hulkbuster's 4* nodeHow did you do?

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I
    [Edit]: It's actually already announced in the "Upcomming in September" thread. It'll be Kamala Kahn.

We've been through this with the previous previews. Kamala will be the 3* cover in the Big Enchilada for that day.5

Ohhh. I thought it was an odd pairing. Mis-read the thing completely =)
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it's not Hulk, I will be bitterly disappointed. Not because it will be easy or hard, but because it is 'the' battle for the Hulkbuster armor from comics, films, and so on. I 'want' to fight Hulk, because I 'want' to recreate that story. It's like I want Doom to fight Reed, or I'd love Magneto to fight Professor X, it's about living the lore yourself.
  • I would expect Hulk as it's right there in the name... but I'm also in agreenmant that She-Hulk would be the tougher fight. Especially if she gets an Aggressive Recon TU. She will still have a good chunk of health to go through, can steal your strikes or protects, kill your AP, and shake the board.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my hb is 2/2/3 level 147. I feel like I'd have a shot at hulk. she-hulk at 270 sounds like I have no chance with her draining my ap for cheap and stealing strikes. just feels like I could throw 30 tries at it and still not make it based on the other matches. i've made 2 of the 3 but they were level 120 xforce and level 106 IW - will be nice to have some health on my side for this one. I really need more red for him though.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    She-Hulk would be awesome. I like the idea of Hulkbuster v. Hulk, but it seems unfair as HB was designed specifically to defeat Hulk, a She-Hulk twist would be really cool, and more challenging.

IMHB is my best character at level 250, so I won't have any issues either way.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Maybe Ultron?

I was guessing ultron for Thoress to prevent an easy victory by stunning since he is immune.

I am betting on Rags for Thoress, 2 charged tile makers, and 4Thor does not use green, so you would have to deny while trying to get your own colors.. shares 2 colors, which is the trend.
  • Chief270
    Options
    I was expecting the next 4* battle to be thor. Or maybe electra. Those came out before HB, didn't they?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chief270 wrote:
    I was expecting the next 4* battle to be thor. Or maybe electra. Those came out before HB, didn't they?
    as I've said elsewhere I think they might be taking to account the total covers throughout the playerbase too and hb is well covered by many players. possibly more so than thoress. i know many came out of ultron 1 and EotS with a handful of covers and i suspect that most of the spending on 4* covers over the last 4 months has been on him. I expect thoress to be among the next 1 or 2. pure speculation here.
  • Chief270 wrote:

They never said the 4* DP node would be by release date, that was a false assumption by the forum base based off of whatever rhyme or logic.

I'm pretty sure considering Ice said later nodes are still in testing, that they're being released in the order they reach the appropriate "balance" level in testing.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have been so unlucky with HulkBuster... 1/0/0.

Aside from the Iceman I just won and haven't rostered yet, he's my only 4* with only 1 cover, and I've had him for a while now.
  • I'm in a similar boat, with a hulkbuster 0/3/2. How can he fight anybody without any red?

Hypothetical and real question.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know, if it is Hulk v HB, it might be almost beneficial to have an underpowered HB. Let's be honest. Hulk 270 will have a massive amount of HP, and because of that can withstand a decent amount of damage per strike before triggering Hulk's Anger. So if a lvl 94 2/1/2 HB hits with 10 red for repulsor punch, he's only giving (without overdrive strike tiles) 1,260 damage per use. Doling out those punches versus savings them gives you anger-less attack turns.

You'd be denying green with matches and Hulk-proof. Denying red by matching, and collecting black doesn't help Hulk at all. Get out a Hulk proof and you've got a little buffer if he does go all Thunderous Clap on you. And Thunderous Clap does not do a huge amount of damage, even buffed (a complaint from the community that might end up benefitting us.)

So, go for red and black, convert green to red with Hulk-proof, and punch, punch, punch.

I think it might be too reasonable...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, with a hulkbuster 0/3/2. How can he fight anybody without any red?

Hypothetical and real question.

Well, you may not be able to repulsor punch, but every red matched is one that Hulk can't Smash you with!
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Its kamala with a thor yellow tu
  • Chief270
    Options
    I
    [Edit]: It's actually already announced in the "Upcomming in September" thread. It'll be Kamala Kahn.

We've been through this with the previous previews. Kamala will be the 3* cover in the Big Enchilada for that day.5
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Has to be Hulk, it needs to be someone who has the HP to survive a couple punches and the anger will proc loads once strike tiles are out..

Yeah but if you don't punch or put out strike tiles and instead just deny red you may be able to match hulk to death while relying on your hulkproof defences.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor with a Kamala purple TU would be scarier
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Thor with a Kamala purple TU would be scarier

Hulk is the best, but I think daredevil could be annoying for HB
    Collect blue first, then HB is stunned, then use ambush to block HK match red,
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    CCW1208 wrote:

DD could be brutal against HB, how could you safely create and match more reds with a supercharged ambush trap or two out?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iridious wrote:
    CCW1208 wrote:

DD could be brutal against HB, how could you safely create and match more reds with a supercharged ambush trap or two out?
    You don't. Use Overdrive instead. But yes, a very annoying matchup.