Iron Man Hulkbuster's 4* nodeHow did you do?

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
OK, on the assumption that it's actually him, here's another poll, it's here.

And the results are here.

If it turns out that it's someone else, we'll just pretend this one never happened.

Mode Edit, changed name, now that the event is upon us, the thread would show up anyway

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone but The Hulk will be a major disappointment considering it would fit with Marvel lore and be a challenging fight.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think he'll still be hulkbusting, but it'll be She-Hulk as the opponent.

Draining red AP with her green to prevent punches, and stealing strike tiles with her blue. It'd be an annoying matchup, even against a maxed HB.
  • If it IS the Hulk I want to see the one story where the Hulk Smashes and kills the Hulkbuster player, but the Hulk does enough self-damage to knock himself out, giving the player a double-KO Victory.

That'd be awesome to live through when the stakes are that high.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 2,2,4 HB is going to make a 270 Hulk very angry, then HB will be busted to pieces by thunder claps. Too bad Hulk does not smash after he gets angry, that would be cool.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Hulk at 270 would fold to Hulkbuster like a house of cards. I'm not sure who it'll be, but Stax has a pretty good suggestion here:
    I think he'll still be hulkbusting, but it'll be She-Hulk as the opponent.

Draining red AP with her green to prevent punches, and stealing strike tiles with her blue. It'd be an annoying matchup, even against a maxed HB.

Another good possibility would be someone with a decent stun ability.

Remember, IceIX said the opponents ranged from 2* to 4*, there's no rule that it has to be a 3*.

Iron Fist could be another interesting one. With no black user to deplete his AP, his 5 AP purple turns from a cascade into a cheap megapunch at level 270. And his attack tile would probably be doing over 500 points a turn from the very start.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    The Hulk at 270 would fold to Hulkbuster like a house of cards.

Probably not to my level 111 1/2/2 Hulkbuster. But you never know, so I'll give it a try.

Veronica? Give me a hand.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It will be l cap. It's time for a civil war;)

Actually, it will be mq. Think about it.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it might be Ju-On (aka iceman).

Ice man purple will make it hard for IMHB to charge up sufficient red ap for repulsor punch.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with She-Hulk.
    Hulkbuster is designed to take down Hulk. Having him as the target makes little sense. He's not, however, designed to take down She Hulk. She can turn around his strike tiles and improve them; she can constantly drain him with green; if you're creating red matches, she can grab them for board shakeup and damage.

She seems like a good 3* fit if they don't just do the obvious Iceman fight.

[Edit]: It's actually already announced in the "Upcomming in September" thread. It'll be Kamala Kahn.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my 3 cover buster is ready. way more ready than my 2 cover invisible woman, my no cover nick fury (he didn't show up) and my current best 4 cover x-force wolverine.

maybe can we think about switching up how this one is done???
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I
    [Edit]: It's actually already announced in the "Upcomming in September" thread. It'll be Kamala Kahn.

We've been through this with the previous previews. Kamala will be the 3* cover in the Big Enchilada for that day.5
  • KK vs HB makes no sense as she can't self heal. My money's on She-Hulk.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah KK is the 3* of that day. She wouldn't make much sense as a HB opponent, eother thematically or game-wise.

I think She-Hulk or Ice-Man are good guesses. I wouldn't completely count out Hulk yet either, especially since that fight won't be a pushover either. Casual overdrive use will lead to Anger cascades of doom, and if you're saving up black/red for a one turn kill, you still have to survive in the meantime.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I'll throw a curve ball. Cyclops, round 2! Fight! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe Ultron?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has to be Hulk, it needs to be someone who has the HP to survive a couple punches and the anger will proc loads once strike tiles are out..
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    You get a Cyclops! And you get a Cyclops! EVERYONE GETS A CYCLOPS!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    You get a Cyclops! And you get a Cyclops! EVERYONE GETS A CYCLOPS!

Who can object to getting more of that sexy rear view? Even hulkbuster can't say no, it really gets the red stuff moving. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Maybe Ultron?

I was guessing ultron for Thoress to prevent an easy victory by stunning since he is immune.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They should just make Cyclops the fight for most of the 4*

Who doesn't want one/two shot red, one shot black in the back of their mind.
    To make it a little fairer replace the Thor TU with an IF purple TU icon_twisted.gif