Iron Man Hulkbuster's 4* nodeHow did you do?

Options

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I am curious to see if anyone wins by Smash self-damage (or even Anger)

I thought I was going to one fight, but I guess there were only 10 green on the board because the self-damage didn't trigger from his smash. He beat me with about 1000 health left that time.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try 4-4-5 lvl 170. Used Malcrof stratagem but was hard early because my board had 23 green to start so Hulk got the clap early..... After that was able to get all red and fired blue twice. +2 red yellow, +50% red dog, and + 50% match damage. Did math wrong so my punch did over 10k but left 420 health and unmatchable anger tile. Luckily with damage boosts and a 4 match blue available it was over.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    took 10 tries but I did it. started with a 2/2/3 lvl 146 and got him down to 3500 once but about 6 tries in I added a red cover to him and took him to 168. tried many boost combos but my winning match I used +2 red/yellow, +2 black/green, +40% all match damage (2 of those boosts).
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/4/3 lvl 157 HB. Took 8 tries, and on 5 of those I got him below 3k. One more red cover would have made this a lot easier, at 5 red it would've been trivial.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a 1-cover (black) HB.

I kept the Hulk occupied for upwards of two to three minutes!

/not gonna happen
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    0/2/1 Hulk Buster = No Chance

As I expected, and shall continue to expect, until it cycles back around to Fury, however long that may be.
  • MattR42
    MattR42 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Try both. I have a 1/3/3 HB. I used the rainbow damage boost, a G/B damage boost, and one of the old +20% Damage to Avengers boosts that I still had lying around for just such an occasion.

I whittled him down with match damage and got to the point where he was going to use Smash the next turn, so I used Repulsor Punch even though it wasn't enough to finish him. His anger added enough green tiles to cause Smash to damage himself and we both went down, winning me the match.
  • Did it with a lvl 135 4/1/1 on my second try. First try was just green board central... second time I had 30 green by the end lol.

Got him down to 12ishk, hit him with 30 red AP and a couple small strike tiles out, and got him to 1k. His anger didnt do anything, and i whittled him down from there.

Was a fun battle (though not as difficult as others).

PS: the only boost I used was +50% red/yellow damage.
  • 2/2/0 HB. It ain't happening.

Finally, I feel the extreme unfairness of the AI's TU. When you're playing so much against the odds already, it really feels intolerable to suffer insult from an arbitrary disadvantage like this.

His team up was garbage though. It did 500 damage first time, and if you don't match it, 400 damage. The team up was the last of your worries....
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Trying this with a 0/3/2 HB and it's just not working. I can't do damage fast enough even with strike tiles to survive. And the blue protect tiles don't soak up enough damage from a Lvl 270 boosted Hulk.
    The last time I tried, Hulk only got off one small clap but still killed me with match damage.

If I had a RED cover, I think I could do it - and I'd even be willing to buy one - but of course, god forbid we could do that. This just reinforces the craziness of the 4* DDQ compared to 3* DDQ -> you really need a pretty complete 4* (or the random lucky match up like IW with her Yellow) to make this work, unlike 3* DDQ where you only need 1 cover of a 3* and any decent roster to get a 3* cover. It's clearly designed to help 3* transition. But this? I know broken record - but this 4* DDQ mode doesn't live up to the same spirit because it only very minimally helps in the 4* transition.

I would agree that it's probably an appropriate difficulty when the prize is a legendary token with a (soon to be) 10% chance at a 5* cover. But c'mon devs, give us the promised "new way to earn 4*" asap. For those of us stuck in the purgatory of 4* transition, this mode is often more about frustration than something to look forward to.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 250 5/5/3 HB here, so the match went pretty smoothly. To give hope to others, my alliance mate managed to pull it out with a 0/1/5 HB. Don't know how he managed it, but it is possible even without the red apparently.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This one was really fun for me since Hulkbuster is one of my best 4*'s at 3/3/1 lvl 152.

Got it easy the 3rd match since the first two I was still figuring out how to use him since I never had before. >_>

Pulled my 5th cover of xforce green putting him at 5/4/1. (I have pulled so many of him since this event, so much so that he wasn't usuable in the first DPD. I want a rematch!)

Good luck to everyone!
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I did. Imhb had 300 health left. Hulk smashed. We both died. I won.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do we know who's next on the 4* DDQ circuit? I'm rapidly running out of usable 4* characters. I could win a match with Carnage or Elektra and possibly 4Thor (getting to 1k in the Doc Ock PvP will really help there).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Do we know who's next on the 4* DDQ circuit? I'm rapidly running out of usable 4* characters. I could win a match with Carnage or Elektra and possibly 4Thor (getting to 1k in the Doc Ock PvP will really help there).
    if we don't get an announcement today, it should be there in the vault tomorrow under the legendary token - my guess is 4thor.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Surprisingly easy.

Thought my Lv 147 2/3/2 spec Hulkbuster wouldn't be up to the challenge but managed it 1st attempt - still with 4k odd health left.

Was a green starved board though so that helped - only took 1 slam the whole match.

That's it though for legendary tokens in DDQ - all my other 4* are very wimpy - at least managed to complete the set from legendary tokens - managed a Yellow, green & now blue Invisible Woman! - Bloody frustrating when the majority of my 4* are sitting at 1/1/1 etc !
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/2/0 HB. It ain't happening.

Finally, I feel the extreme unfairness of the AI's TU. When you're playing so much against the odds already, it really feels intolerable to suffer insult from an arbitrary disadvantage like this.

Yeah I don't see how I'm going to be able to pull this off with a 94 2/1/1 Hulkbuster without Team-Ups. I might give it 2 more shots using a ton of boosts, but it's unlikely.
  • 1/3/0 lv 111 HB......time to abandon all hope

i wait for another run for xf/fury/invis woman 4* ddq then
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    if we don't get an announcement today, it should be there in the vault tomorrow under the legendary token - my guess is 4thor.

I just noticed 4Pool won't leave my saved tokens vault. Uh oh. Thought that would be quite a bit later on, considering there won't be so many people with him covered and I don't have as much as I would like. Might need to buy a cover or two.
  • He killed me twice with just match dmg, I don't have a red for IMHB...
    I'll try one more time later today, but for now...not gonna be able to do it...
    - Unreall