Iron Man Hulkbuster's 4* nodeHow did you do?

Options

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I won on the 2nd attempt with my 3/5/1 HB. I got off 1 30 red Repulsor Punch for about 7K and then another 12 red which by the end got Hulk down pretty low. However I was also nearly dead and he had saved up a bunch of Red of his own. He killed me off with a Smash, and also killed himself in the process.

I win! PX Yellow from the token.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not the easiest one - that'd be Fury, so far - but my 3/5/2 IMHB took down Hulk on the first try. Boosted damage (rainbow and red/yellow), threw down some blue for shields, and denied Hulk green until I built up 30 Red and 11 black. By then, the two Repulsor Punches in a row were more than enough to take him down. Got hit with one Rage, but IMHB can shrug off 4-5K in damage. The biggest pitfall, I imagine, would be using Overdrive early in the match. It's SOP for IMHB, but it would mean making Hulk angry with every match, and there's no way to win once that goes down.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lopan15 wrote:
    my board had 23 green to start so Hulk got the clap early.....

This needs to be highlighted.

Have to skip this one with my 1/1/0 HB. icon_e_sad.gif
  • 1/1/4 covers, I did as would be expected.

I watched hulk only Chase red covers.

This reminds me, I need to start the ever present "what were they thinking/dpdq4 is too hard so I quit" thread.

Heh.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't take a single point of damage!

what do you mean it doesn't count if i noped right out of the node because my hulkbuster just has a single black cover
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took about 5 tries, but managed to beat Hulk with a 2/0/5 Hulkbuster. Have been starving for a black cover ever since Hulkbuster was introduced. I constantly get blue.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    drcassino wrote:
    Not the easiest one - that'd be Fury, so far - but my 3/5/2 IMHB took down Hulk on the first try. Boosted damage (rainbow and red/yellow), threw down some blue for shields, and denied Hulk green until I built up 30 Red and 11 black. By then, the two Repulsor Punches in a row were more than enough to take him down. Got hit with one Rage, but IMHB can shrug off 4-5K in damage. The biggest pitfall, I imagine, would be using Overdrive early in the match. It's SOP for IMHB, but it would mean making Hulk angry with every match, and there's no way to win once that goes down.

Overall, I disagree with your assessment. This is the easiest matchup so far (if we ignore personal roster quirks and compare assuming fully covered 4*s, which is the only fair way to make any comparisons IMO), with only IW v. QS coming close.

QS is a very weak opponent, but ultimately, I think this is easiest because of the combination of a strong featured 4* and a weak opponent. Hulk is more or less a pushover, and IMHB is one of the best 4*s in the game. IW isn't as bad as she used to be, but she's still nowhere near top tier, so having to use her at all makes her matchup harder than this one. Also, the ai had a pathetic teamup in this node. Sonic boom?! who cares about that. In the cyclops node, the teamup could be devastating if it generated ap to fuel cyclops' other powers even faster.

(and both of the first two events were much much harder because they involved wildly more challenging opponents. Cyclops is basically insta-death on 2 colors and his 3rd feeds one of the other 2. CMags has one insta-death power, one match-delaying defensive power that makes it easier for him to last long enough to fire the blue, and a red power that can be really nasty on its own and can also help generate ap for his other powers via cascades. just so many more ways for bad things to happen.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/0/1 level 90 HB, tried once, saw that there was basically no way to win short of extreme luck (match damage would kill be before I could possibly nuke Hulk down), moved on with my life.

Attention d3: this node is another case of the "rich getting richer" problem.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG :'(

I accidently hit overdrive and dropped to under 400 hp. Took one turn and was forced to punch, or match damage was going to down me. Hulk angered and I went down - he had 37 hp left. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • metabelian
    Options
    3 3 4 level 166 beat it fourth try with a double KO. Got hulk down to ~6k while i had ~3.5k health then he got 14 red. I hit him with a repulsor punch, he fills the board w/ green, then KOs us both with smash. Super glad 'ties' count as wins.
  • Got it on my second try. 4/3/2 lv188. 1st try had virtually no black matches to make and the board was riddled with green to start.

But 2nd time, built up some black, went repulse, over, red match, repulse over red match, then repulsed again.

Yea. 4/4 thus far. But I'm running out of useful 4*'s that I own, so the next month or two will be dry. Elektra, 4 Thor & Star Lord are the only two left that I have a prayer of winning with.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 1-cover Red Hulkbuster soiled his armor at the mere thought of fighting this Hulk, so now it needs to be steam-cleaned... which will last the rest of the day. So, no chance.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited September 2015
    Options
    In case it gives someone hope

My HB is 321 lvl131

Boosted all damage for GRN BLK, RED YLW and all colors to max

Normal drill deny Green and Black. Saved as much for my Red punch as possible and whittled him down. He only got one Hand Clap and in and one Sonic Boom from Marvel.

I won because he combo'd Hand Clap with the Smash and killed himself. Can't think of what Hand Clap is and I'm too lazy to look.

Took me 10 tries

Edit: Opened up my Legendary token and got a SS Black! So very much worth the effort. Now I have to spend $5 on HP for a slot.... sigh....
  • First one I've been able to even bother attempting and it was probably the easiest one I'll get to do icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG :'(

I accidently hit overdrive and dropped to under 400 hp. Took one turn and was forced to punch, or match damage was going to down me. Hulk angered and I went down - he had 37 hp left. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Got him! I had about 170 health left. My 4th redflag.pngicon_thor.png for the trouble.

Accidently spent 200 imcoin.png on boosts though. Oh well.
  • Easiest one so far for me. 5 5 3 lvl 270 HB. Match red and black, ignore everything else. Used overdrive, then repulsor punch, hulk down pretty low. Let him anger, he gets enough green for 1 clap. He uses clap as I 'loled' at the 2k damage which barely tickled HB. Match a few more times to win.
  • IFORANI
    Options
    Two cover Hulkbuster = No chance. I've just started my 4 Star transition so I was so happy they added this. Now I'm just glad that those with almost fully covered 4 stars are enjoying themselves. SMH!
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really no hope for my lvl90 (2/2/1) Hulkbuster, barely scratched icon_hulk.png
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    easiest match so far. My hulk is 250 5/4/3, so clearly that played a role. I was happy with the result. The board, however, was NOT in my favour. Very little red, mostly green on the board. No black, no blue matches at all for like 10 turns. It was a waiting game, but with 16.000 health, I don't mind the wait. Ultimately it was a one punch kill, 13 red, boosted twice with black for a grand total of 27 red x600ish damage to his 13000 remaining health.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Easiest legendary ever.