so this guy is 3 covers from god mode

123457»

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we should make an introduction video to statistical variance a requirement before people are allowed to post on the forum.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's the video of the pull. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Y8vIVtVDA
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    kensterr wrote:

the video is lying, totally. statistical impossibility, pssh.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    kensterr wrote:

Lol, the next video for me was about Humpback WHALES.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    edited September 2015
    Congrats on the pulls kingdreadnaught, sincerely. It's clear you pump money into this game (at least 5k so far). That's great for all of us, and the devs. Enjoy the 10th surfer cover!
  • kensterr
    Statistically speaking the chance of a ugly old man getting a hot looking young model as his wife is 1 in a billion. But that man gets the girl because, well, he has billions.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more I read comments in this, I started to feel frustrated toward the people that came or stick with their numbers/posibilities. There's something called LUCK which I think it's not fair to called me a liar when I tried to provide the TRUTH and information to cheer all up that "believe in your luck".
    I am officially now upset.

I was pretty sure you had to be telling the truth if only to balance out some of the insanely unlucky streaks some people have posted here previously. In any case, congrats. Times like this I'm glad to be worth too few points for someone with a covered SS to bother with icon_e_smile.gif
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    kensterr wrote:
    Thanks Ken for posting this. See you in group chat icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Let me end this fun topic here. I am no longer reply to this. I happened to read all the comments earlier and found that some were not buying the truth I'd provided. My point is, I do not care no more if who wants to believe in my story. It's like a mirror, you can lie to the whole world but when you see the reflection, you just be ashamed in the lies you tried to cover. I don't see any reason for me to lie by telling the true story of how I got my SS covers. Only dev. knows if they have the whole statistic history on my purchases and opened tokens. If I lied about the no. of the tokens I bought, it's me who lost more money and I should be ashamed of myself. There's no point to act "lucky" when I actually am. If y'all think I am this, then I have to say "I'm no longer in high school and these things only existed with the minor ones". I'll enjoy buying more, whaling more, until I max my SS. This is my money, my happiness and I'll keep supporting this game weather some of you like it or not. When the new 5* comes and there's always new whales or bigger whales, I'll become nothing and vanished from these upsetting comments. As well, I'm not looking to impress or please anyone, I only here to be nice and good players and good supports to my team and the game. If I happened to kill any of you, my apologies in advance but I still have to play. Have a good day and good luck to all the beautiful people here.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    If you are so good at statistics, go become a professional in the field and earn lots of money from it
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that a lot of the people citing statistics and probability haven't taken them up as a sideline hobby during slow periods behind the counter at taco bell...
  • kensterr
    Try telling statistics that 1 in 11 million will die in a plane crash to the families of those who have perished in the airplane tragedies of 2014
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Spencer75 wrote:
    So I broke out my old statistics book from grad school and decided to get the actual odds on this occurring.

The chances of an individual pulling at least 5 surfers from 210 taco tokens is 1 in 41, 614, 795, 893. That's 1 in about 41 billion.
    How did you calculate that? I'm pretty well-versed in statistics, see, but I seriously dread calculating something like that. Because you have a vault and then you draw until you get the legendary token and then reset the vault. That's a really, really difficult problem to calculate (you could simulate it easily enough but I can't be bothered to build the simulation).

Unless I'm missing something.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    He should start bottling his sweat and selling it as luck juice.

Sorry, but I refuse to fund any known whales.

Whale juice?

Better hope he's not a sperm whale... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say we've focused on a single player's roster long enough. Locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.